When you have your first kiss

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t get it, he sounded fine this morning.” You assured Taehyung as you pulled a sweater from the shelf, lowering yourself back onto the balls of your feet after you’d been standing on your tip toes to reach for your clothing. You weren’t planning on dressing up, you had a photoshoot to go to and it would be a waste of time if you’d spend too long thinking about what to wear. You’d have to change into a different outfit as soon as you got there, so you didn’t really see the point. You heard the boy sigh on the other side of the phone and you wondered what the hell was going through his mind. The last you had expected was a phone call from him, and you surely hadn’t expected the conversation to take such a drastic turn. “Jungkook likes to pretend that he’s okay, so that no one worries about him. It’s his nature to hide his own feelings in the hope he won’t make things harder for those he cares about.” Taehyung explained to you, and your hand stilled mid-air. 

It wasn’t like you didn’t know that, you just attended to forget it sometimes. Your relationship with Jungkook was so new and fresh, sometimes you found it hard to get through to him or figure him out. Your previous relationship had been years ago and looking back on it, it had been just a fling. You had only been with that guy for a few weeks before he’d dumped you because things weren’t moving fast enough to his liking. You’d been skeptical about dating ever since, also because you knew how much it could influence your career. You hadn’t been ready to risk it all once more because of a heated love story which might not even work out. But Jungkook had been different. You hadn’t seemed like the only one who wanted to take it slow this time and you and him and taken a lot of time getting to know each other and testing waters before you decided that perhaps you should give this a chance. And so you’d fallen in love with him, head over heels. 

But the two of you had only made things official two months ago and you were still starting to feel comfortable around each other. Jungkook could be so awkward and shy sometimes, and then you never knew how to act. You didn’t know if he wanted you to hug him when s were around or if you were aloud to peck his cheek or hold his hand. In fact, the two of you were so shy that you had only come that far. Yes, you were indeed taking things slow but you were sure that things would point themselves out. Once you were ready to get towards the next step, you would. you weren’t going to force him to do anything and you weren’t going to force yourself neither. “And you think he’s been holding something back?” You ask, digging inside of your mind to remember if he’d been acting strange lately. But to be honest you hadn’t really noticed a difference. You had still gone by the dorm two nights ago and he had shown you the new pictures he had taken and the videos he had made and he was planning on editing. He’d been super excited about it and he had been talking about it for hours. You liked seeing him so passionate about something, knowing that he worked so hard. 

This morning, a few hours ago, he still called you to ask you how you were and if you’d had a good day yesterday. He’d sounded cheerful and like his usually self, but then again it was hard to fake a joyful sound while being on the phone and it was hard for you to see through him when in fact, you couldn’t see him at all. Maybe Taehyung was right, maybe he was keeping something from you and was just trying very hard to make sure you wouldn’t notice. It wouldn’t be the first time it happened. “he was supposed to go out with Yugyeom last night, he blew it off. He never blows off an evening out with his friend. They barely get to see each other, he would literally crawl out there to meet him if he had to.” Taehyung said, causing you to frown. He’d told you about that and you had completely forgotten to ask him about it, because you hadn’t had much time to talk to him. He’d sounded very excited a few days ago, saying that he would go bowling with his friend and they could have a drink together. Jungkook adored Yugyeom, and out of all his friends you knew that he was the one he missed most when they had a schedule. It was indeed weird for him to call things off this last minute. 

Looking down on your watch you found yourself being torn between your responsibilities. You had to get to the set on time, at least three hours before the shooting would start to fit your outfits and to do your hair and make up. Your members were counting on you and you weren’t sure they would appreciate it if you’d be late. But you had to talk to Jungkook, you had to see him and make sure that he was alright. Because if there was even the smallest possibility that he wasn’t then you had to know and you wanted to be there for him. It would all be so much easier if he’d just talk to you. “Listen, I don’t have much time but I’ll come check on him. I’ll be there in about fifteen minutes, alright?” You assured him and heard him hum happily on the other side of the phone before greeting you and cutting off the conversation. Sometimes it was hard to believe if they were being serious of if they were trying to mess with you. But knowing that Jungkook had blown off his ‘man night’, you knew that something was off. 

Quickly you tugged your sweater over your head and tugged it down your waist. After pulling your jeans across your hips you grabbed your car keys from the night stand and started to make your way out of the room. “Where are you going?” Amanda’s voice resounded form behind you and you spun around on your socks to meet her. It was obvious that she had just rolled out of bed herself, with her hair tied up into a messy bun and her pajamas on. Her eyes were turned into slits and you weren’t sure if it was because of the light in the hallway or because she was suspicious of you. “Taehyung called, something’s up with Jungkook and I wanted to go check on him.” You explained, watching the way she tilted her head to the side. Everyone still had to get used to the fact that you had a boyfriend now, even your members. Though, they’d had the honor of watching the two of you fall for each other since the beginning.

“I promise I’ll be back on time. It won’t take too long.” You tried to convince her, but you weren’t even sure if you were convinced yourself. You knew it could be hard to break through to Jungkook, he wasn’t one who easily spoke about his feelings, not even to you. Somehow you were still hoping that would improve once he learned to trust you and once he realized that he could tell you whatever he wanted, that you’d be there for him. But you knew that it was too early for that now. Your relationship was still in the awkward face, the one where your stomach would fill itself with butterflies when he stared at you from across the room or where your cheeks would burn when he’d smile at you. “Alright, but you better won’t be late. And if you are, you better prepare one hell of an excuse.” She said, walking past you and going down the stairs. You released the breath you didn’t know you’d been holding as you heard her walking into the kitchen and switching on the coffee machine. She couldn’t get through the day without that stuff. 

And so you followed her, but instead of heading into the kitchen you went the other way, walking into the hall and searching for your shoes and coat. Once you were wrapped up you pressed your phone into your pocket and got out. You’d get back later to get your things and then head straight towards the set, so you wouldn’t loose too much time. It was raining slightly when you got out, but at least it wasn’t too cold. Still, you quickly rushed into the car and started the engine while buckling yourself up. Even though you’d spent so much time at their dorm before, you still thought it was strange whenever you prepared yourself to head there. You couldn’t help but feel like an intruder sometimes, as if you were taking over their personal pace, no matter how nice they were to you. They had literally accepted you with open arms, treating you like a sister and always bother their maknae whenever you were around. Over the past few months those guys had become great friends of yours and you honestly couldn’t imagine a world without them. 

The streets were empty as you sent your car through the city. It seemed like most people were enjoying their weekend indoors and they surely weren’t planning on getting out during this kind of weather. You didn’t mind, you weren’t really up for a traffic jam right now. You weren’t used to things messing up your schedule and you hadn’t really had to deal with it before Jungkook came into your life. But now you found your priorities were changing, even though you had promised yourself that you would never let a man be more important than your goals in life. But now you found that Jungkook had become one of your goals. He was important to you now and you had no idea how far that would lead you or where that would get you. Love could be a scary thing sometimes. It took you about fifteen minutes to arrive at the dorm and you c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter