Chapter 3 - Sunrise (FINALE)

Light is all I need

Your heart felt as heavy as your legs, that were only able to carry you with the support of crutches.
The past night was restless, you had trouble getting your tired body to move, but the desperation to see the man you’ve always admired and loved so much kept you awake. No matter the state he was in, no matter how shocking the image might be, just one moment of silence, of seeing his face would be enough for you to ease up a little. To keep yourself fighting, just as J-hope was.

Your quiet knock was quickly responded to by a familiar voice. Namjoon, he really was there just as he said he would be. You entered the room, just to see countless beeping and pulsating and breathing machines surrounding a single bed. The body inside of it was almost invisible due to cables and blankets and supposedly weakness of it.
“Are you alright?”, Namjoon asked after a few seconds of frozenness had passed. Startled, you nodded, not being able to figure out where his voice was coming from.
“Maybe you hit your head when you fainted.”
His voice was still rough.
“Maybe I did.”, you answered just as hoarse. You slowly closed in, noticing Namjoon was sitting right next to the bed, holding his friend’s hand. “The others left to catch something to eat.”, he explained, “They’re having a hard time. Jin-hyung almost had to pull them out of this room, Jimin isn’t eating very well. Jungkook and V are being so silent, it’s nerve-wracking to see them like this.”
He sighed deeply. You noticed his pale face, the sunken eyes. He looked so much older than he was, as if the life had been out of his body. “What about Suga?”, you asked, sitting down on a chair opposite of Namjoon, the other side of the bed. You had not yet dared to look into J-hopes face. The fear was still deep in your bones.
“He locked himself up in the hotel room. The staff constantly check on him. Whether he’s still alive, I mean.”
The word alive felt like a stab to your heart. Almost unnoticeably, tears began creeping down your cheeks and you looked towards J-hope. You felt guilty for being alive, for him not being awake yet. Were you too slow? Did you do CPR the wrong way? Questions upon questions began to haunt your mind. You quietly apologized. Namjoon shook his head. “It’s not your fault. They luckily got that guy already.”
You two sat there in silence. Listening to the rhythmic beeping of the machines around him, watching the resting man’s chest slowly move up and down, indicating that he’s still alive. His face was peaceful and even though it was obvious he had been sleeping for a long time, the bones in his face slightly protruding, his skin being pale and visibly rather cold, he was still as handsome as ever. Seeing him calmed you down and you drifted into a deep sleep, that was the most healing one you’ve had ever since you bought the tickets to the fateful concert. The dream you had led you to that very event, but your mind let you enjoy it to the fullest, with nothing happening aside from the joyful beating of your heart as you watched your beloved BTS perform for you and all the other fans.

When you drifted back into consciousness, you heard a rather cheerful conversation in a language you couldn’t understand. Was it cheerfulness? No, the voices didn’t sound friendly. What was it? You felt odd. How long has it been since you fell asleep?
You slowly opened your eyes and raised your head. Standing in the room, you saw none other than Suga. His face was distorted into a painful expression. He looked terrible. Way too thin. Definitely didn’t sleep enough in the past weeks. His gaze was empty and without any emotion other than sorrow. You saw another hand full of members sitting together. You finally saw the people whose arguing voices you had heard: Jin and Jimin. RM must have said something about you waking up, since the members stopped in what they were doing and looked at you.
Though it was obvious that they had all been suffering and mourning in their own ways, their faces were telling you they were glad to have you with them. You were showered with Thank yous in various languages and the members tried their best to engage in some kind of conversation. //Sadness really unifies people, huh// you thought. Even though you lived the dream of any ARMY, you couldn’t be happy. That is, until you noticed in the corner of your eye that the person in the bed moved around a bit differently than before. You turned around and your eyes made contact with a pair of dark brown, very tired and sincerely happy eyes.

The sun that was thought to have set forever had risen again.

And its light was shining brighter than ever.


END

------------------------------------------------------


Thank you so much for reading my first ever fanfiction!
Feel free to leave any kind of constrictive criticism (Positive and Negative) in the comments!
Hope you enjoyed <3