Deja Vu

You Light Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're desperate aren't you Myoui?" you peered at Mina's work as she rapidly scribbled down notes.

A soft giggle passed through her lips as she finished her last sentence. "Of course I am."

you pursed her lips and leant back in her chair, looking outside the window. A few moments later, Momo and Sana had approached the two, sending Mina a smile and a dangerous glare towards you. you almost scoffed at their expressions, amused that they thought they could intimidate her.

"Mina-chan, it's lunch, want to go to the cafeteria with us?" Momo asked. "Everyone is there already."

Mina shook her head and shot an apologetic smile. "Sorry guys, this test means a lot to me."

you's ears perked up and she bit her lips, thinking to herself why Mina would be so desperate to stop her from smoking. Maybe she couldn't stand the stench of cigarettes or that she might be caught with you with cigarettes and would be blamed as well. Either way, it would benefit Mina more than you. 

"Ah, alright then." Sana pouted. "Have fun Mina-chan~" 

Momo and Sana skipped out of class, not forgetting to shoot another glare are you, who also shot one back at them. 

"Tch, they're ing annoying.." you snarled as she pulled out another cigarette from her pocket before lighting it up. 

"Hey, they're still my friends." Mina's voice raised. "Don't talk about them like that."

Luckily it was only them two in the classroom so no one was witnessing you smoking. Mina frowned as she felt a familiar smell of cigarette wafting into her nose, causing her to fan her hand at the cloud of smoke that was travelling towards her. 

"At least open the window!" Mina stood up and pushed the window open. 

Her top slightly lifted when she tiptoed and tried to reach for the window, exposing her milky white skin for you to see. you blushed heavily but was lucky that her black facemask covered most of it. She let out an awkward cough as Mina sat back down at her seat. 

"Why do you want me to stop smoking Myoui?" you started a conversation.

"Because smoking will affect your health." Mina's hands travelled to her pocket and to you's surprise, she pulled out a pack of her favourite cigarettes. "Here, I promised you I will pay you back."

you stared at the pack and turned her head away. "I said I don't need it."

Mina shrugged indifferently and smiled lightly. "Guess I just have to finish it myself then."

you whipped her head to Mina when she heard a crinkling, indicating that Mina had took off the foil layer from the cigarette. Her nimble fingers pulled out a cigarette and she put it between her lips. you's eyes widen when Mina leaned in closer to her face, their nose barely touching as Mina light her cigarette from you's already lit one. She pulled back and exhaled. 

"It really is kind of addictive." Mina inspected it. 

you snatched it out of Mina's hand and pushed the head onto her table. The ashes burnt the wood and scattered across the table.

"Hey!" Mina exclaimed.

"Smoking is bad for you." you mocked Mina's voice and chucked the into the trash. 

Mina couldn't help but smile, making you slightly creeped out. "What are you smiling about?"

"You care about me don't you?" Mina rested her chin on top of her palms. 

"N-No way!" you facepalmed herself internally when she stuttered. "Ths is only because you did this to me last time. That's just payback Myoui."

Mina smirked. "Well then I'll just light another one."

Before she could even open the box, you had stolen the pack out of her hands and shoved it into her pocket. Mina smiled victoriously as she kept her composed posture. 

"That's mine." Mina pointe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter