Part III

Delusional
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol must be at his new job within 20 minutes, but it looks like the man can't stop munching on his scrambled eggs. 

Jongin can't decide whether it's a good or a bad thing the fact that Chanyeol is having breakfast with him and his baby, whose mouth is full of yellowish baby food. Jongin finds himself questioning his rationality when he invited Chanyeol to stay for breakfast, specially when the man had just taken a shower and his torso was bare, showing off his well built body.

Having breakfast with a man that is not Sehun is different, specially since he slept with said man. It's not like the routine that he and Sehun had had the last years starting with the fact that there was always a plausible effort not to fall into confrontations between both parents. Sehun'd be talking about his problems in college, his tiredness and his worries about their future as a family —how sarcastic— a whole twenty minutes of complaints and sharp cursing. Chanyeol hasn't been doing other than talk about his favorite movies of Marvel while appreciating Jongin's cooking skills and playing with Kyungsoo.

It's a breath of fresh air. And now that he thinks about it, Kyungsoo's response to this new companion is relaxing, Chanyeol's playfulness is surely an important factor for Kyungsoo's receptiveness. Jongin hadn't been in such a good mood in a long time and Chanyeol wasn't pressing about characters he couldn't play for ballet companies nor was he worrying over anything, he just enjoyed his breakfast like a normal person.

"I think we all agree on the fact that Tony didn't have a pleasing end, right? Like, dude, he saved the universe! Someone could've return time for him like Thanos did to Vision on Infinity War!" Chanyeol said.

"I know," Jongin agreed sipping on his coffee. "There are a lot of excuses, but they're not enough."

"But, I must admit that I was a goner with the last fight scene, and the part of the girls was awesome," Chanyeol says while taking a look on this watch. "Oh, well, that was fast. I think it's time to go."

Jongin sighs before picking up his plate before Chanyeol stops him by grabbing his wrist. "I'll do the dishes, I' can still arrive early to my job, and you prepared breakfast for me". Well, Sehun never offered help.

"Don't worry, I got this, I have nothing else to do, anyway," Jongin says, but Chanyeol laughs it off as he gets up taking the plate from Jongin's hand and picking up more dishes.

"I'll do it, don't worry, and I'll put Kyungsoo to sleep," he sraised his arm to touch the bags under Jongin's eyes. "These two need to rest. And I know you haven't had proper sleep since god knows when".

Jongin smiles. "Thank you so much."

...

 

It's not late when he wakes up. At least not for him. Kyungsoo is a different story. Jongin almost hit himself on the face as his son's cries echo against the walls of the small apartment. He tiredly gets off the bed and walks to the living room, where Kyungsoo's crib is. He looks down to his baby and the child immediately grins.

"You've woken me up just because you wanted to see me, right?", he jokes picking up his baby, he accommodates Kyungsoo in his arms as he rocks the baby from side to side. "You wanted to see mama, right?" Jongin doesn't know that he sports the biggest smile ever until Kyungsoo reflects it on his own face. It's beautiful and soothing. "Okay, baby, you must stay in your crib a bit more, mama needs to find a job soon or else there won't be any food", he tells the baby, who only laughs. "Oh, you don't even know how important this is, baby," he places his son in his crib and gives him one of his favorite toys. "Now let mommy find a job and we can play."

He smiles at him and tries to remember where did he see his laptop for the last time when a piece of paper on the couch catches his attention.

It's Chanyeol's.

Jongin,

I did the dishes, clap your hands for me. And, uh, I understand if the revenge thing was a decision you took in the heat of the moment. I was angry too. But, if you need anything, I'll be there. Call me if you need me, you have my number. Your situation is not easy, and if you need a place to stay, I can offer mine. 

Chanyeol. 

P.D. We need a Marvel marathon with Kyungsoo. And, what about superhero costumes? You'd make a great Black Widow, just don't offer yourself for a gem, you're too pretty.

 

'Luhan is such a stupid guy for letting this man go' is the first thing he thinks after reading the letter. And 'Sehun is even more stupid for loosing his family and betraying his best friend' comes second. He grins at the lette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter