Be My Boyfriend

Synthetic Love

.

 

 

 

"Yaahh~ what the hell!?" Taekwoon shouted, after waking up to a face hovering above his. Especially one that he didn't expect to see again. So out of reflex Taekwoon had backed up to a corner of his room while still sitting on his bed.

"Good morning, Taekwoon, my love," said the LoverBot with a bright shiny smile.

Taekwoon had a blank expression for a second before realizing. "Aaa~ damn! It wasn't a dream," he groaned. "And didn't I told you to stop calling me 'my love'."

"I'm sorry," the LoverBot apologized and automatically followed with, "I'll make breakfast to cheer you up."

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

After washing up and changing Taekwoon went out to his kitchen, where his dining area was at and saw a plate of heart-shaped eggs, heart-shaped toasts and heart-shaped bacon.

"What is this?" Taekwoon asked, squinting at plate presented to him.

"Breakfast made with love," the LoverBot said, arriving with a glass of orange juice which he placed in Taekwoon's hand. "I hope you like it," he added with gentle smile, which bordered on a smirk.

There was something about that smile Taekwoon could not refuse. He couldn't understand it himself. But he drank the orange juice, sat down and went ahead to take a bite of each of the heart-shaped items anyway since his stomach did felt empty.

"How is it?" the LoverBot asked. 

"It's okay." It was actually more than okay but Taekwoon didn't want the other to know that. "By the way, I'm just wondering..." he hesitated when he looked up and saw the LoverBot sitting in front of him, and probably been watching him eat every bite of his breakfast. Taekwoon tried to avoid eye contact and cleared his throat before he asked his question. "Do you actually have a name?" 

"Yes, my name is Ravi," the LoverBot answered.

"Ravi?" Taekwoon repeated, puzzled. "What kind of name is that? Sounds foreign."

"If you don't like it you may give me a name," Ravi said in reply.

"That's fine. It's not like you're a dog I found that I name and will start getting attached to," Taekwoon said.

Ravi smiled. "I don't mind."

Taekwoon smiled back, but in a uncomfortable way. "No thanks. Anyway I have to get going." He went to grab his bag from his bedroom.

Ravi followed him. "Where are you going? I wanted us to go out on a date today."

"First of all, I have work to go to, like most grown up human beings do." Taekwoon walked pass Ravi to exit his bedroom and went to put on his shoes by the door. "And second, there'll never be a day where I'd go out on date with you."

"Please don't say that," Ravi said sadly, then he asked, "When are you coming home?"

"Later," Taekwoon said coldly, with his hand on the doorknob, ready to leave.

"Then I'll wait for you," Ravi declared.

Taekwoon looked away indifferently. "Whatever". And all of a sudden he felt a peck on his cheek. 

"What was that for?" Shocked, Taekwoon placed his hand where the other had kissed him.

"Goodbye kiss," Ravi smiled triumphantly. "Have a nice day."

Taekwoon frowned as he left his apartment.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Taekwoon said when Ravi appeared standing outside the coffeeshop he worked at.

"I said I'll wait for you," the LoverBot answered.

"But here, at in front of my workplace?" Taekwoon was not comfortable about this. "How'd you even find me?" he had to ask.

"I got built-in GPS," Ravi answered.

Taekwoon stared at the LoverBot for a long second. "Of course you do." He almost forgot he's been dealing with a robot all this time. "Okay, you found me. Now can you please go away?" Taekwoon pleaded. "I've got to finish my shift. And then I have to go to the studio afterwards."

"But I missed you." Ravi suddenly wrapped his arms around the other.

"You really have to stop doing this." Taekwoon tried to wiggle his way out of the LoverBot's hold.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Please, just look after him and not let him leave this place for like three or four hours," Taekwoon begged the lady.

"I can't do that. This is a daycare center for children not a..." the lady turned to look at Ravi who was playing with a couple of kids at the mini slide, "...gorgeous, good-looking eye candy." The lady wiped the drool, at the corner of . "Actually, I think it'll be fine, very fine," she said, nodding her head vigorously.

Taekwoon rolled his eyes. "Thanks."

He looked back at the Loverbot once more, who was now giving piggyback rides to the kids. He smiled at the scene before quickly running back to the coffeeshop.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Where is everyone?" Taekwoon had walked into the studio and there was no one there, well almost. He found Hakyeon on the old grey couch at the far corner of the room and fell back on it next to the other.

"Just the usual not feeling well, part-time job, relationship troubles, and car troubles," Hakyeon answered the other to why everyone wasn't there.

"Then why am I here?" Taekwoon asked tiredly after rushing over after work. "I'm not even officially part of the band."

"Of course you are. We can't make a band without a keyboardist." Hakyeon tried to convince the other of his purpose. Then he looked at Taekwoon who had his head down and was rubbing his eyes.

"What's wrong, Taekwoon?" Hakyeon was concerned.

Taekwoon let out a big sigh. "It's that stupid LoverBot you gave me. I don't know what's he's gonna do to me next."

"W-what did he do to do?" Hakyeon was worried.

"Nothing really, I guess, but I just doesn't feel right." Taekwoon wrinkled his brow and rubbed his eyes again.

"Taekwoon, I'm sorry." He put his arm over the other's shoulder, patting it gently. "Are you crying?"

"No," Taekwoon said, who was still rubbing his eyes. "I think something got in my eye on my way here."

"Let me see." Hakyeon cupped Taekwoon's face in his hands to looked at him. "Your eyes are all red. Maybe you should wash out your eyes and put in some eye drops."

Taekwoon blinked his eyes a couple times to try to ease the itching. "I don't have eye drops. Do you?"

"Me neither." While Hakyeon still had his hands on Taekwoon's face one of his hands wandered upwards. "Hey, your hair's gotten pretty long."

Taekwoon touched his own hair. "Yea, I haven't found the time to have it cut."

"Your hair's really soft," Hakyeon said as he combed his finger's through his friend's hair.

"Uh, thanks?" Taekwoon brushed Hakyeon's hands off him. 

"I mean it's really soft like a baby's." Hakyeon smiled and went back to touching Taekwoon again.

Taekwoon started laughing at his friend's weird behavior. The same time he tried again to get Hakyeon's hands away from caressing his hair. "Stop it."

"Don't touch my boyfriend!" someone shouted. And the next came a fist across Hakyeon's face.

"Hakyeon!" Taekwoon looked at his friend, who was covering his right eye in pain. Then turned to the culprit in anger. "Hey, what are you doing!?" Taekwoon stepped back, surprised. "Ravi? What are you doing here? And who's your boyfriend?"

"You." In the next moment Ravi took the other's hands in his and held them to his chest. "Taekwoon, can I be your boyfriend?" 

Taekwoon looked into those entrancing hooded eyes and saw the flawless glowing tanned skin and that magnetic smile and remembered, he isn't real. "No, are you crazy!?" he shouted and stormed out the studio. 

Realizing he was left alone with the LoverBot, Hakyeon stood up and ran out after his friend. "Taekwoon, wait for me!"

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

Oops, Ravi-bot might be coming on too strong, they just met. But that's how he's programmed, though. Gush, I'm not sure where to go with this story is going honestly~ LOL

*If you like the story please upvote.
**If you want to continue following the story please subscribe.
***If you want updates sooner please comment.

****Also, check out my other fic, that just updated [ Overstepping ]

Thank you for reading!

 

 

 

.