Sleep Mode

Synthetic Love

.

 

 

 

 

 

"How's your eye today?" Taekwoon asked Hakyeon, who was sitting across from him on a small round table outside of a cafe with a laptop.

Hakyeon took a sip of his mocha cappuccino. "The swelling went down. Now it's just the bruise and a bit of pain when I touch it."

"Oh, yea?" Taekwoon actually noticed the purplish bruise on the side of Hakyeon's eyes ever since he arrived and can't help but want to touch it. So he did.

"Oww~" Hakyeon flinched after Taekwoon's sudden move. "That hurts."

"You deserve it," Taekwoon told him. "You're the one who got the robot."

"I didn't know robots can get jealous," Hakyeon said.

"It is called a LoverBot. Maybe it's one of its functions," Taekwoon said grouchily. "Anyway, did you find the website you ordered it from?"

"Yea, I just did," Hakyeon said, after tip-tapping on his laptop. "But it says it's 'Temporarily Unavailable'." He turned the computer for his friend to see the screen.

Taekwoon's face fell. "Are you serious?"

"Did you find the return policy?" Hakyeon asked.

"No," Taekwoon answered, flatly. "But I found the invoice with a number."

Hakyeon closed his laptop. "Did you call them?"

"I called them this morning. And it turned out to be the shipping service's number." Taekwoon sighed. "So I asked for a number and address of the company they shipped for and they said there was a system crash and they lost their records."

"Hmm, suspicious," Hakyeon said, while rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "So what now?"

"I don't know since there doesn't seem to be a way to return him." Taekwoon was looking depressed now.

"Are you going to keep him?" Hakyeon wondered, but kinda knew the answered already.

"No way!" Taekwoon replied, of course. "But I was thinking if this is a one month free trial then when the time expires wouldn't someone come to collect him?"

"That's true." Hakyeon nodded. "But do you really want to keep him for a whole month?"

Taekwoon shook his head. "I don't think I can even take two weeks with him. He's so clingy. The only way I could come to meet you here today without him following me is because he's in sleep mode now."

"Sleep mode?" Hakyeon had on a puzzled look.

"I read in his instruction guide that sleep mode is when a LoverBot is in a rest state to recharge its battery," Taekwoon explained.

"Hmm, interesting." Hakyeon was doing that chin rubbing thing again, thoughtfully. "Does the instruction also say how to shut him off?"

Taekwoon took a sip of his ice tea. "I checked that too, but it didn't say."

Hakyeon thought for a second. "Have you seen a switch off button or something like that on him?"

"You think he has one?" Taekwoon wondered why he hadn't thought of that.

"Well, all electronic appliances have one, and he's a robot so maybe he does too," Hakyeon assumed.

Taekwoon sighed. "He just looks so real, sometimes I forget he's actually a robot."

"That's true," Hakyeon agreed. "And his body is sculpted like a greek statue."

Taekwoon stared at him and they both went silent for a moment.

Then Hakyeon spoke up. "Hey, Taekwoon..."

"Yea..." Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon, but the other still seemed to be thinking. "What?"

"I was wondering... since he is a Lover...Bot..." Hakyeon was wavering. "Has he ever tried to... doitwithyou." He blurted out the last part quickly.

Taekwoon stared at his friend again for a long second before leaning towards Hakyeon and reached out his hand.

"Oww~" Hakyeon covered his already bruised eye. "Why'd you my eye."

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Taekwoon got home and there was the LoverBot still standing up against the wall in his sleep mode. Taekwoon was actually relieved. He puts his bag down and walked up to Ravi and looked at him.

Taekwoon stuck his tongue out at the LoverBot, and made some funny faces while he was at it. He also jumped up and down waved his hands up in the air and he did a little dance. Taekwoon was just having a little fun. Then he stopped, tired probably.

Seeing the non-reactive robot Taekwoon started to wonder again where could Ravi's off switch button be. He squished the LoverBot's cheeks together with his palms a couple times just to be sure there was no response, which there wasn't. Plus Taekwoon had to laugh at Ravi's squished up face.

From there Taekwoon began his examination starting at the top of Ravi's head. He was mostly ruffling his hair around. Then he pulled on his ears. His hands traveled down to the back of his neck where Taekwoon pressed his fingers around. Maybe there was button or something that will pop out he thought, but nothing.

Continuing, Taekwoon glided down Ravi's broad shoulders, biceps, forearms, all perfectly sculpted. Next, he took the LoverBot's hands in his. They were quite nice and smooth, not very veiny or rough and callusy like some guys are. Then Taekwoon reminded himself Ravi was a robot. Only real guys out in the real world would come home with rough and callusy hands. Taekwoon was checking each finger and palm to see if there's any secret compartment. Still there was nothing.

It was getting frustrating for Taekwoon. So what was next? Well, Taekwoon wasn't going below the waist. Instead, he pats Ravi's chest a couple times. He was wondering if there might be something under the tightly fitted shirt. The shirt is tight because it was Taekwoon's, who was slightly smaller than the LoverBot in size. Well, it not like he was going to buy the robot new clothes to wear.

Anyway, this was getting into dangerous territory. But Taekwoon had to remind himself again that Ravi was just a robot. So he lift's up the other's shirt and saw perfectly formed chocolate abs. Okay, it might be strange but Taekwoon started poking his fingers at them like a keypad. As if he got the combination code correct maybe something might happen.

Something did happen. A pair of hands suddenly grabbed both of Taekwoon's hands. He looked up and Ravi's eye's were wide open, glowing red then purple then back to a brown, and was looking right at him. The LoverBot was no longer in sleep mode.

Taekwoon gasped, surprised.

"If you wanted to touch me you just had to say it," the LoverBot said, in a deep sultry voice.

Taekwoon shook his head trying desperately to deny it. "It's not what you think."

Suddenly was Taekwoon up in the air, thrown over Ravi's shoulder. The LoverBot carried him into the bedroom.

"Put me down!" Taekwoon was kicking his feet as he struggles in Ravi's hold.

The LoverBot dropped Taekwoon on to the bed and straddled on top of him. "I want to touch you too." Ravi smiled.

Just as the LoverBot was leaning down closer Taekwoon realized he was in real trouble. So by instinct he lets out a warrior cry "Heyahh~!" And kicked the other in the abdomen, jumped off his bed and shoved Ravi out of his room, shut the door and locked it.

Taekwoon exhaled heavily from all the commotion. He swears, "I'm gonna kill Hakyeon."

 

 

 

______________________________________________________
*If you like the story please upvote.
**If you want to continue following the story please subscribe.
***If you want updates sooner please comment.

****Also, check out my other fic, that just updated [ Overstepping ]

Thank you for reading!