One and For All

A New Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Brace yourself, everyone! You're in for a long ride. Enjoy now!!

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

 

 

In the midst of the boiling Summer in Korea, a short-haired girl was being pushed by her friends into going to a party but the girl refused with the same amount of force. This happened nearly every week and Amber succeeded most of the times in saying no. However, this time Solar and Moonbyul were determined to make Amber go to this one party that they were sure something amazing was going to happen only if the lad agreed but Amber was too stubborn. They came to Amber’s house hours ago even yesterday just to get a yes.

 

“Please Amberrr! This one is really important like really.” Solar followed closely behind Amber. “If this one is just like the others, we wouldn’t be here for hours just to make you go with us so pleaase Amber.”

 

“You said the same thing for the other ones too so how can I trust you again. Besides, what is it that is sooo important that I must go? Is someone particular going that you want me to meet or what?” Amber sat down on the couch and the two followed suit sitting on either side of her. Amber sighed and decided to just stay on the couch because it was useless to move around with the two girls following her.

 

“It is something like that but stilll, it’s not the only reason why we want you to go,” Moonbyul did the talking this time. “This party is full of celebrities and you know what that means Amm.”

 

“Lemme guess hmm,” Amber pretended to ponder for a bit. “There is going to be a lot of hot girls and guys?”

 

“Exactly!!” Solar and Moonbyul said in unison, smiling at each other.

 

“Exactly why I do not want to go!” Amber pointed out, making her way to the kitchen. The other two girls let out a very deep sigh before following Amber. They had no plans of giving up.

 

“But why not?” Moonbyul demanded as she set her down on the high chair and leaned on the counter while Amber was pouring herself some orange juice.

“Because I don’t want to and also,” Amber paused to drink her juice. “If I decide to go, either I’m going to be a third-wheeled or you trying to set me up with somebody and I would just try to make something up to get away from the girl or boy as always.”

 

“Okay but this time is going to be different! Everyone I mean EVERYONE is going to the party. Even Key and Ailee are going. And Irene.”

 

“That’s impossible. Those three never leave their houses or go to parties,” Amber said in disbelief. She was on the verge of being convinced.

 

“I know right! Soo please Amber go with us.” The couple put on their cutest pout as possible. Amber growled to herself in defeat. She knew that they would not take no as an answer. She thought that it would not be that bad if she just stuck to Ailee or Key. This was the benefit of having friends as celebrities. She dreamt of being one but gave up so that she can stay at home to write her own music instead. Meanwhile, her friends succeeded in their goals and became popular Korean singers. They would urge her into auditioning but she refused to do so. Instead, she sat back and wrote several songs for her friends but did not want to take credit for them.

 

“Alright,” Amber said as she cleaned her glass.

 

“Wait what did you say?” Solar was not sure what she heard.

 

“I said alright, I will go with you guys.” Solar and Moonbyul ran toward Amber and engulfed her in a tight hug.

 

“G-guys let me breathe,” Amber struggled to say. Moonbyul and Solar immediately let go of Amber and embraced each other. While the two were celebrating, Amber was contemplating her choice. Nevertheless, she convinced herself that the choice was right. But did she know what was going to happen at the party? I think not.

 

On the day of the party, it was chaos at Amber’s house when Solar and Moonbyul decided to come and check up on her three hours before the party started and Amber was still in her PJs in her office mixing music.

 

“Amber, you’re going to be late! Come on!” With that, her headphones were taken off and with her brain still puzzling, she was pushed toward her own bedroom. Moonbyul put a towel in Amber’s hand and pushed the lad into the bathroom. Amber blinked, finally figured out what was going on. She looked at her watch and barged outside.

 

“What are you two doing? I have like two hours and fifty minutes before the party starts,” Amber exclaimed with hands on her hips.

 

“Believe me Am, that is not going to be enough.” Solar pushed her back into the bathroom. She couldn’t even protest or ask anything. She sighed in defeat. She had no choice but to take a shower. Amber hummed the tune of the new song she was working on before the two decided to come and interrupt her but at least she kind of finished the song nicely. But what she did not know was that outside the bathroom right now was chaotic. Like REALLY. Two new faces had joined. It was none other than Luna and Jiyeon. They came to the house hurriedly because Solar had called them saying that there was an emergency. They came thinking that there might be a fire but it was worse than they thought. This party was important for them because it is the biggest party of the Summer and no one would spend just an hour to prepare themselves. This WAS a big emergency especially when today was a big day for Amber even though she did not know about it. Amber came out of her bathroom and was surprised to see Luna and Jiyeon there rummaging through her walk-in closet talking to themselves. She stood there awkwardly staring at the four girls who were doing their own job and did not seem to notice her. She tried to clear but it was too soft for them to hear so she did again very loudly this time and it worked. SLowly one by one starting from Moonbyul, Luna, Solar and Jiyeon, the girls looked at her and grinned.

 

“So can anyone tell me what are you all doing here? I know there is a party today....wait is this because of the party??!” Amber scanned their faces. They did not answer her and just glanced at each other back and forth. Moonbyul signaled to Solar who just sent that signal to Luna who could not pass to Jiyeon who was closing her eyes.

 

Luna sighed and spoke up. “So basically, we are here to help you dress up for the party today.” They all clapped and cheered for her.

 

“But I can do this myself, can’t I?” Amber went to her “special” drawer and took out some undergarments.

 

“However, since this is a special one, we decide to help you.”

 

“How special is this party? Are you just trying to set me up with some stranger again? If so, I’m not going.” Amber sternly stated.

 

“Oh no no not that!” Luna quickly said. “You’re going to be the DJ at the party! Didn’t they tell you that?” She pointed to Solar and Moonbyul.

 

Amber widened her eyes and looked at the two girls.

 

“Umm...we might have forgotten to mention that,” Solar said and hid behind her girlfriend.

 

“But hooow?? That was the point of this party and here I thought you were able to convince Amber into playing music at the party. I told everyone about it. OMMGG!” Luna sort of burst out in shock. “The DJ that was supposed to come to the party flew to Hawaii like two hours ago…” Luna slumped down on Amber’s bed. The atmosphere was gloomy and heavy. Amber looked at her friends’ expression and slightly smiled.

 

“Umm I didn’t say that I would back out though, did I?” Amber hoped that her words would lift up the mood and it did. They looked up and cheered. Amber swore that those girls must have bipolar disorders or something. After that, Amber was forced to sit down while Jiyeon was putting on makeup on her and her hair. The others were still looking through her walk-in closet and one by one they picked out an outfit. Amber’s makeup didn’t take a tremendous of time since Jiyeon knew that Amber did not like heavy makeup on her. Amber stood after thanking Jiyeon and walked over to her bed where her outfits were laid out by her friends. She admitted that they had a good sense of her style. Solar put her choice of outfit, which was a straight dark blue with a red and blue plaid cotton shirt. She came out of the bathroom and raised her eyebrows to her friends. They all shook her head even Solar herself. Amber was about to say something when she was pushed into the bathroom again with another set of clothes. This time it was a navy green tank top with a black medium short but like before they had a displeased face and shook her head. Before she knew it, she was inside the bathroom again for the third time. This one was not that bad she thought but it was not up to her to decide.

 

“The outfit seemed too formal.” They all commented. Jiyeon rushed to the closet and came out not so long after with black clothes on her arm. She pulled Amber into the bathroom and handed her the clothes. However, Amber didn’t budge. The two stared at each other until Jiyeon finally got what was going on. She blushed and turned around. Amber took the chance and quickly changed into the new clothes which were a simple black band graphic T-shirt with and black ripped jean with chain hanging on the side. She was really satisfied with this look after seeing herself in the mirror.

 

“You can turn around now. I’m done,” Amber chuckled at the flusted girl. “Eunjung will kill me if she’s here.” They laughed and exited the bathroom.

 

“So umm what do you think?” Amber asked her friends, putting her hands inside the pocket of the jean. The other three girls immediately nodded their heads and applauded.

 

“This is perfect!” Moonbyul stood up and gave Jiyeon a high-five.

 

“Now that Amber is done, let’s fix our makeup,” Luna said excitingly. Amber looked at the time and saw that there was about an hour and a half left until the party started so about an hour until they have to leave the house to be on time.

 

“Hey Amber, let’s go pack your things, shall we?” Moonbyul pulled Amber with her outside the room.

 

“Wait lemme grab something in my room first.” Amber escaped from Moonbyul’s grip and went back into her room. Solar, Luna, and Jiyeon were in front of the mirror fixing their makeup and didn’t even move or say “Hi” to Amber, who just minded her own business and grabbed a black zip-up hoodie from the hanger and went back outside to Moonbyul. The two made their way to Amber’s office.

 

“What do I need anyway? I still don’t get it.” Amber slumped into the chair in front of her desk. For the time ever, she was going to play music in front of a crowd and for sure the crowd was not going to be small.

 

“I think Luna mention about your flash drive or something,” Moonbyul said, looking around the office. It was not that big of a room but it was just a perfect size. Amber called it her office rather than her recording studio.

 

“Ohh okay. I think I know what she wants.” Amber opened her drawer and took out a couple of flash drives.

 

“How many flash drives do you have?” Moonbyul asked curiously from the couch before Amber closed the drawer.

 

“Umm I don’t know the exact number but there’s a lot,” Amber replied while motioning Moonbyul to go and see for herself. Moonbyul immediately gasped in surprise. There were lots of flash drive in different shapes and size

 

“That’s a lot of flash drive. 1...2...3….4…..6….10,” Moonbyul started counting and secretly slipping one into the sleeve of her jacket after seeing that Amber was busy checking things on her computer. It was a small metallic swivel flash drive with Amber’s birthday engraved on it. She grinned to herself in triumphant.

“Ugh! There are too many to count! I give up,” Moonbyul exclaimed, sulking.

 

“I told you.” Amber laughed without noticing anything up Moonbyul’s sleeve.

 

Amber inserted the flash drives into her computer and went through all the songs. Moonbyul never thought she would see Amber’s serious side, after all, she had never seen Amber working before even though they had been friends for over 4 years. Moonbyul just kept quiet while Amber did her things for a while until the door opened.

 

“Hey you two, it’s time to go!” Solar said, coming into the room and hugged her girlfriend, who was happy to return the hug.

 

“Uh please no PDA in my office. Now let’s go out!” Amber put her flash drives in the pocket of the hoodie.

 

“Soo are we ready?” Luna said when they were finally outside the house, preparing to go into the car. They all nodded and got into Luna’s car. APPEARANCE

 

“So Amber, did you bring your music?” Luna asked, looking at Amber through the mirror.

 

“Yes, I did,” Amber replied, shootting her a glare making Luna grin.

 

“Byul?”

 

“Yep. All done!” Moonbyul answered, smiling widely. Luna grinned wider and focused back on her driving. Amber, who sat in front in the passenger seat, plugged her phone into the aux cord and played music that kept them hyped up for the party. It did not take that long.

 

“Welcome to the party!!! You guys are the first one here. Well, obviously since you told me you will help me.” The girls were greeted by the host of the party, Jonghyun. “Ambeerr!!” Jonghyun screamed and engulfed the poor girl into a tight hug.

 

“Jonghyun I c-can’t breathe,” Amber breathlessly said as she tapped him on the back.

 

“Ohh, I’m sorry.” Jonghyun let go of Amber and ruffled her hair. “It’s been a long time since I see you outside your house. What made you decide to come here?”

 

“Ask those people.” Amber glared and pointed at the other girls.

 

“It’s not our fault you said you would be the DJ,” Solar said, sticking out her tongue.

 

“Ohh~ so you’re the DJ that Luna said she would bring. I feel much happier now that you’re the DJ for my party. It’s going to be a special one.” Jonghyun winked and put his arms around Amber’s and Luna‘s shoulders. “Now let’s go up to the rooftop.”

 

“WAHHH!” JIyeon exclaimed as they got to the balcony where the party would be held.

 

“It’s beautiful, right? I asked my uncle to let me use it for today,” Jonghyun said, looking out to the scenery. “Let me show your place Amber and you guys can go do your work.” Jonghyun waved at girls and guided Amber to the DJ booth. They walked past the tables and plant until the mini stage already set up. The booth was the stage but it was still covered up. Jonghyun turn the switch on and the light around the stage lit up and the main spotlight was on the booth. Amber immediately felt the nervousness crept up to her.

 

“Help me remove this cover,” Jonghyun told Amber as he grabbed one end of the cover. Amber got the other end and together they pulled the cover up revealing the most magnificent booth Amber had ever seen. She went to enough party to know the beauty of the booth. Amber went behind the booth and touched it gently. The controller and console were shining like they were untouched by anyone. There are hexagonal LED light panels surrounding the booth, which was full on black color. There was a black skull in the center of the booth.

 

“A beauty, isn’t she?” Jonghyun smiled. “It was a gift a long time ago from my uncle but I never used it. So, you get to be the first ever to use it.” Jonghyun pat Amber’s back.

 

“But why?” Amber looked at Jonghyun.

 

“Let’s just say today is very special for me and I want everything to be the best and perfect,” Jonghyun answered, looking at Amber. “Treat her nicely, will you?”

 

“You bet I will,” Amber said not leaving her eyes off the booth.

 

Before Jonghyun left Amber to figure out how to work the booth, he told Amber, “By the way, this booth can display picture and lift up itself too. All you have to do is press that button and alter the setting stuff in the computer. You have the control over everything now. Good luck and have fun!” Jonghyun smiled and walked away. While Amber adjusted herself to the new thing, Jonghyun and the girls were preparing for the party. Luna was instructing the waiters and the waitresses about the plan. Moonbyul was bothering Solar, who was trying to tell her friends about the location of the party. Jiyeon was sitting down staring out to the sky. Jonghyun was rehearsing his words again and again while pacing around. It was around 5 minutes before 7 o’clock and people started coming. Amber knew the name of the people who just came. They were from the group named Kara. As the host of the party, Jonghyun greeted all the people and Luna directed them to their table. Other three girls were at the ground floor welcoming all the people. Amber plugged in her flash drives and put on the headphone. The music started playing and this was the real beginning of the party. Thirty minutes after seven o’clock and the tables were nearly filled up. The foods were brought out and put on the buffet. This party was more than just dancing and drinking alcohol, it was a celebration of some sort that would be revealed later.

 

“Krystaall!! Victoriaa!!”. The two girls, whose name were called, turned around and were engulfed in a tight hug by Luna.

 

“Luna we can’t breathe,” Victoria said with a lot of struggle. Luna immediately let go of them and smiled.

 

“Come on let’s go! Everyone’s all here!!” Luna said excitedly while pushing Victoria and Krystal towards the elevator.


 

“Everyonee!! Welcome to my party! I hope you all will have fun and enjoy yourself today!” Jonghyun said, ending his speech with a gentleman bow. He kissed his partner on the cheek after getting off the stage before greeting other guests. The music was loud and everyone wondered who was the DJ because the atmosphere felt unusually different from the music. It was more exciting. At the centermost table seated Luna, Victoria, Krystal, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri, and Yoona. The table was missing two people who were just making their way to the table.

 

“The two lovebirds are finally here!!” Taeyeon raised up her arms. The lovebirds were the youngest of the groups, Irene and Seulgi.

 

“Sorry, we are late everyone. We were umm...shopping,” Irene apologized guiltily, avoiding the intense stares she was getting for everyone at the table.

 

“No need to lie to us~ It’s normal we get it,” Taeyeon said and everyone started teasing the two girls. After settling down properly in their table, it was time for dinner. There were varieties of foods and desserts from different countries. Even better than that was the barbeque stand whose smoke and aroma attracted people the most. There was a big icebox which contained sodas and beers. Wines were already at the table for everyone to enjoy.

 

“You gotta try this chicken!”

 

“Wahh!! This macaron is soo goood!!”

 

“The shrimp and lobster are very fresh like really! And the freshly baked pizza like seriously I could die!”

 

“The best pie I’ve ever had!!”

 

Jonghyun was listening to their comments very intently. He was really glad that people were happy and smiled so bright. He looked up to the DJ booth and saw that Amber was still engaged in her music. He picked out some food and went to Amber.

 

“Why aren’t you eating?” Jonghyun asked, hiding the plate behind his back.

 

“Well, I can’t abandon this, can’t I?” Amber replied without even looking at him.

 

“You’re lucky I care about you soo here!” Jonghyun handed her the plate with a lot of burritos and tacos.

 

“Aww thank you, Jong! You’re the best!” Amber hugged him after putting the plate on the table.

 

“I knoow,” Jonghyun said cheekily, letting go of the hug. “I gotta go now though. I still haven’t met most of the people yet.”

 

“Hey, Luna, who’s that guy talking with Jonghyun?” Victoria pointed to the direction of the DJ booth. Luna turned at where Victoria was pointing and chuckled.

 

“Remember that composer I kept telling you about?”

 

“Yeah...Is it that girl who is technically a genius at composing despite such young age…” Victoria paused and looked at Luna who was nodding nonstop. “That girl who gave us that whole album?? That girl who wrote that beautiful song for Jonghyun??”. Victoria was shocked when Luna said ‘yes’ to all the questions.

 

“But it can’t bee! That is a boy, not a girl!” Tiffany said.

 

“Umm Amber is a girl. If you want, I can introduce her to you guys,” Luna said, looking especially at one person whose gaze was lingering on the DJ. It was no other than Krystal. “Right, Krystal?”

 

“Yeah right,” Krystal answered, absentmindedly. “Wait, what are we talking about?”. Everyone at the table burst out into a fit of laughter and giggle at her reaction.

 

“Looks like somebody is struck by the cupid’s arrow,” Yoona jokingly said. For the rest of the dinner time, Krystal’s face remained red the whole time due to all the teasing from her friends.

 

“How are you doing up here?” Moonbyul came to the booth to check up on Amber.

 

“Yeah, it's good so far. What bring you here? Shouldn’t you be staying close with Solar?” Amber questioned, motioning to Solar who was sitting at the table with her other friends like Wheein, Hwasa, Eunjung and Jiyeon.

 

“Nahh, she knows that I’m here with you,” Moonbyul replied, smiling. “Look, she sees us.” Moonbyul and Amber waved at Solar. They didn’t say anything and the silence between was comfortable rather awkward.

 

“Do you know that she’s here?” Moonbyul decided to break the silence and asked the question that she was originally here for.

 

“You mean Hyuna? You can say her name. I’m not affected by her anymore,” Amber replied, avoiding Moonbyul’s stare. “But yeah...I know she’s here..”

 

“Okay...You know there’s a lot of pretty girls today so take your chance and grab one,” Moonbyul nudged Amber.

“I’m not interested in flings and you know that,” Amber stated and glared at Moonbyul who raised her arms in surrender. While Amber turned her back to change the music, Moonbyul noticed someone’s making their way here. Moonbyul sighed and tapped Amber.

 

“Speaking of the devil...she’s walking here now,” Moonbyul whispered making Amber turned immediately and saw Hyuna was really walking towards the booth. “I’m gonna go and ask for help!” Before Amber could protest and pull Moonbyul back, the other girl successfully escaped to the other side, avoiding Hyuna. Amber gulped and pretended to do her things.

 

“Hey Am,” Hyuna said. Amber froze up and slowly turned to face the girl.

 

“Hey what’s up,” Amber said, putting her hands into the pockets of her jean. The girl in front of her was wearing a beautiful white strapless dress with flowers. She had dyed her hair back to a lighter brown. ‘She looks different from before’ Amber thought.

 

“Nothing much...I hope I’m not distracting you or anything,” Hyuna carefully said, scanning Amber’s face.

 

“Oh no...no you’re not. Don’t worry.” Amber smiled.

 

“So what are you up to lately?” Hyuna asked, coming closer to Amber. Amber backed up a little and avoided Hyuna’s intense stare.

 

“Not so much...Just stay home and make more music. What about you?” Amber politely asked back but in her mind, she was cursing Moonbyul for leaving her alone.

 

“Not much either…” And there was the awkward silence that Amber wanted to avoid so much because she knew it would lead to a conversation that she did not like.

 

“Look Amber...I’ve been thinking about you lately..” Hyuna said, trying to touch Amber who swiftly went to the other console on the other side. Hyuna sighed. She knew that she could not make it up to Amber for what she had done in the past but she could at least try.

 

“I’m really sorry for what I did to you...I was a .”

 

‘Yes, you were’ Amber said in her mind.

 

“I know my actions don’t deserve your forgiveness but…” Hyuna paused and sighed out deeply. “It was a mistake that night...We were all drunk. You know what drunk people do. They do things that they don’t have control of. I thought he was you, Amber….I was thinking about you and suddenly Donghae was there and everything got out of control...and--”

 

“Just get to the point, will you? I do not want to hear those things for the second time.” Amber, who was listening intently, finally burst out and let go of her clenched fist. She did not know why was Hyuna doing this. It had been nearly six months since she cheated on her.

 

“I just wanna say that I still...love you,” Hyuna finally spoke out what she wanted for months. Amber was shocked but again she expected that would come out.

 

After Moonbyul successfully escaped from the booth, she quickly made her way through the crowd of dancing people saying sorry now and then just to get to Luna who was happily catching up with her friends near the bar.

 

“Luna, Amber needs help,” Moonbyul said in midst of catching her breath.

 

“What do you mean she needs help?” Luna asked. She followed to where Moonbyul was pointing to and widened her eyes.

 

“Why is she here again? Why can’t she leave our Llama alone for God’s sake?!” Luna felt her blood boiling but she kept her cool. She immediately thought of a plan and grinned mentally because she was too mad to smile.

 

“Come with me.” Moonbyul unreluctantly followed the other girl. They arrived at Luna’s table and everyone there looked at her confusedly.

 

“Hey Krystal, can you do me a favor?”. Everyone all looked at Krystal who pointed at herself.

 

“Me?”.

 

“Yes. You.” Luna said, smiling.

 

“Umm..sure I guess?” Krystal couldn’t say no to her friend, could she?

 

Moonbyul finally grasped what was going on and silently praised Luna in her head. ‘Luna, You are genius!’ Moonbyul didn’t need to follow her to know what was going to happen so she walked to her girlfriend exhaustingly.

 

“Byulie, where were you?” Solar asked, hugging her girlfriend. Th

 

“Hyuna is with Amber right now.”

 

“WHAT??!” Solar was shocked to hear that. She was there to see Amber wept and broke down in front of her because of Hyuna. She rolled up her sleeves, ready to go and kill that freaking b--.


 

“Don’t worry, babe. Luna is going to save her right now.” Moonbyul pulled her girlfriend to her lap. “She has a very good plan.” Solar was relieved and sat down comfortably on her girlfriend’s laps.

 

“Can you please explain to me what’s going on?” Krystal asked Luna who was pulling her somewhere through the crowd.

 

“I need you to pretend to be someone’s girlfriend,” Luna said but Krystal could not hear her through the shouting and screaming of people.

 

“What?!!” Krystal shouted but Luna didn’t hear either. SInce Luna did not her Krystal replying to her, she took the silent as a yes. They both stopped below the stairs to the booth to catch their breath. It was a struggle to get through the crowd with all the pushing.

 

“Okay Krystal, I want you to go up right now and save my bestfriend!”. Before Krystal could protest, she was pushed up the stair to the booth and that was when she heard two people talking or more like bickering. She finally understood the situation and reminded herself to kill Luna after this. She stayed silent, focusing on their conversations.

 

‘What a !” She thought and when that girl said that she still loved the short haired girl, Krystal couldn't stay still anymore. She immediately stood up before the DJ could say anything back.

 

“Hey babe, is something wrong here?” Krystal intervened and wrapped her arms around Amber’s waist. Amber tensed up not knowing what to do. Should she attack the girl behind her or what? Her eyes looked around the audience and saw Luna doing some weird waving stuff with her body. Luna was actually trying to tell Amber to go with the flow and everything was going to be okay. After a short moment of confusion, she was able to decipher Luna’s message.

 

“Nothing’s wrong here,” Amber replied as soon as she could and pretended that the stranger was her girlfriend. She took the stranger's hand and led her to stand beside Amber. “We were just catching up. Hyuna, meet my girlfriend,” Amber added as she wrapped her hand around Krystal trying to be as natural as possible.

 

“So nice to see you here Hyuna,” Krystal said, going in for a handshake.

 

“Likewise Krystal.” Hyuna reached over and shook Krystal’s hand. She was shocked to have learned about this.

 

“You two met before??” Amber asked confusedly.

 

“Actually yeah, a lot of time in music shows,” Krystal answered and smiled at Amber gently.

 

‘She actually looks better close up like this. For a second, I thought she was a llama.’ Krystal thought.

 

“Yeah...how long have you guys been together?” Hyuna finally asked the question and stumped them.

 

“Uhh--”

 

“About 3 months and a half now,” Krystal cut Amber off. Amber slightly widened her eyes at Krystal and forced out a smile.

 

“What about Gong Myung? When did you guys break up?”. Krystal blinked at the questions but did not let it affect her face that much.

 

“Oh, we broke up about half a year ago. We are over now,” Krystal replied, not letting the questions affect her.

 

‘What a strange coincidence’ Amber thought.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that...so uhh I’m gonna go now,” Hyuna said with a face smile. Amber knew it right away because it did not reach her eyes. They had been together for over 3 years and Amber had learned a lot about her. “Amber...I really meant what I said”. With one last look, Hyuna turned her back and walked away. Once she left, Krystal and Amber breathed out in deep relief. They met eyes and awkwardly smiled at each other. Amber was a complete introvert even though she seemed to be more extrovert.

 

“Umm thank you...uhh Krystal? if I am not mistaken,” Amber spoke up first.

 

“You're correct and you should thank your friend who also happens to be my friend,” Krystal replied.

 

“Lemme guess...I suppose it's Luna you're talking about?”. Krystal nodded. Amber let out a chuckle.

 

‘I will strangle her’ was the meaning of that chuckle.

 

“So you're the infamous Amber that Luna keeps talking about?”.

 

“Oh no, what did she say about me?” Amber hid her face in her palms, embarrassed.

 

“Nothing bad. I promise.” Krystal reassured the other girl. Amber hummed and nodded showing her face again.

 

“I hope so,” Amber said, smiling at Krystal. Krystal swore she felt her heart skipped a beat at that moment. Amber resumed working on the music and Krystal stood there with her arms around herself. She was quite amused with what Amber’s doing. Suddenly, Amber took off her hoodie and handed it to Krystal who was caught off guard. Krystal thanked Amber and gladly wore the hoodie.

 

“So you're a DJ?” Krystal broke the silence.

 

“Umm sometimes but I'm more of a composer,” Amber answered, glancing at Krystal. “The songs that I’m mixing right now are all mine,” Amber said, humbly.

 

“No waayy!! Did you write the Roller Coaster too?” Krystal was ecstatic

 

“The song by Chungha? Yeah! What do you think of it?” Amber replied.

 

“Well, it’s a very catchy song,” Krystal shyly said. “I do like it.”

 

“That’s good to hear.” Amber smiled and went back to work. This time she played one of the songs she wrote for Luna for her newly formed group called F(x). When the song came on, everyone started to cheer and the crowd became bigger. Amber grinned as she turned up the volume. Amber jumped to beat as she continued to mix up the music.

 

“Do you know this song??” AMber shouted over the loud music.

 

“Yeah!! It’s my song!!” Krystal shouted back that made Amber stopped and looked at Krystal.

 

“What did you say?” Amber said in disbelief.

 

“I said this song is mine. It’s the main track of our debut album.”

 

Amber was stunned to hear that. SHe knew that F(X) had 3 members but Luna never told her about any of her members.

 

“Are you a member of F(x)?” Amber asked even though she already knew the answer.

 

“Yes, I am,” Krystal answered with a wide smile. Amber returned the smile with a nod. She then ushered Krystal to jump along with her. They jammed along to the songs one after another. Whenever Krystal knew the choreography of the song, she would show and teach Amber and she was astonished by Amber’s learning speed.

 

‘Such a fast learner’ Krystal said to herself.

 

They stopped dancing after a slower came on. Seeing that Krystal was panting and had her eyes closed, Amber went and took a bottle of ice cold water.

 

“Krystal, catch!” Amber called the other girl and pretended to throw the bottle at her. Krystal jolted forward to catch the bottle but her hands were empty. She looked up and met a laughing Amber with the bottle still intact in hands. She straightened herself and crossed her arms. Amber stopped laughing right away when she sensed a glare directly at her. She gulped unconsciously and put the bottle in Krystal’s hand. Krystal smiled and opened the bottle after thanking Amber. Amber was dumbfounded and wondered to herself how could someone be so fickle. Amber brushed her hair with her hand and chuckled.

 

‘This girl is something else’ Amber grinned to herself.

 

Krystal watched Amber closely while she was making some changes to the console. She furrowed her brows after trying to understand which button did what.

 

“Hey Am,” Krystal called making Amber tensed up a little upon hearing the familiar nickname. “Do you mind explaining how that thing works?”. Amber pointed at the console and raised her eyebrows. Krystal nodded. And that was the beginning of a very confusing explanation Amber had given to somebody. Amber tried her best to demonstrate the function of the more useless buttons. At one point, Krystal one of the sliders down, reducing the speed of a fairly upbeat song. The people on the dance floor groaned and started complaining loudly. Krystal squatted down to hide her face from the crowd. Amber raised her arm in apology and pushed the slider back up. Krystal was embarrassed and thought to herself why did she do that in the first place. The atmosphere returned back to normal however Krystal had not stood back up and was still crouching down behind the booth. Amber glanced down at Krystal and tittered to herself. She calmed herself and took her headphones off.

 

“So, when are you going to stand back up?” Amber asked Krystal once she was at her level. “Or are you just gonna stay here all night long?”.

 

Krystal peeked through her hands and shook her head.

 

“Come on, everything is all good now.” Amber got up and reached out her hand for the other girl. Krystal dropped her hands and grabbed Amber’s extended arm. But it was not easy for Amber to pull Krystal. While Amber was pulling, Krystal was tugging back. Soon it became a tug of war. No matter how hard Amber tried, Krystal would pull back with the same equal amount of force. No one intended to give up at this point. Amber gritted her teeth and pulled with nearly all of her strength because she was not going to lose this battle. Krystal yelped at the sudden power from Amber but she countered back. An idea suddenly came into Krystal’s mind. A smile appeared on her face. She pulled Amber down with more strength. Amber’s face was red from all the power she used. She decided to make the last spurt. The grip on Krystal’s hand became tighter and Krystal knew what was coming and it was exactly what she wanted. Amber stopped breathing and pulled Krystal up with all her might just then, Krystal relaxed her hand and all of her power and energy from her hand were gone but only made things bad for them both. It was as if the gravity pulled them toward the ground together. Amber was flat on the ground but did not waste any time to wrap her arms around Krystal to protect her. The last picture was Amber flat on the ground with her arms around Krystal who was petrified on Amber. Krystal felt sorry for Amber and guilty for doing that but she was also touched with Amber’s actions. It was like one of those scene in dramas and movies.

 

“Umm, you two I don’t think it’s healthy to do it on a hard surface.” Krystal and Amber immediately struggled to get up and straightened themselves.

 

“Luna! Jonghyun! What are you two doing here?” Amber said, fixing her clothes.

 

“I am here to check up on my friends. Is that wrong?” Luna answered

 

“Well, that’s alright I guess.”

 

“Sooo...what were you doing together?” Jonghyun asked teasingly as he walked to stand near Amber.

 

“Uhh, what do you mean?”

 

“Why were you two laying on the ground together?” Jonghyun rephrased his own question.

 

“We were just playing around,” Krystal replied as she looked at Jonghyun directly into his eyes.
 

Jonghyun gulped and glanced at Luna for help. “Y-yeah, you guys w-were just playing around right,” Jonghyun stuttered making Amber squint at him weirdly. Jonghyun looked at Amber and let out a grin.

 

“So how did you guys meet?” Jonghyun walked back to Luna.

 

“Maybe you should ask….” Amber paused and pointed at Luna. “That midget next to you.” Amber and Krystal crossed their arms at the same time staring straight at Luna. Luna avoided their gaze and looked at Jonghyun.

 

“It’s a bit of a long story so I’ll tell you later,” Luna told Jonghyun. “Now will you excuse me? I need to talk to Krystal.” Luna took Krystal hand and led her down to the bottom of the stair. Krystal, before she was completely gone, waved at Amber who did the same thing. Amber smiled still looking in the direction Krystal went.

 

“Starstruck, are we?” Jonghyun whispered in Amber’s ears making her jump and nearly punched him in the face in reflex but Jonghyun avoided it in time. “Woaah, I’m sorry.” Jonghyun laughed.

 

“What do you want or need this time?” Amber asked in annoyance and walked to the controller and console.

 

“I just want to come to say thank you very much for today,” Jonghyun replied following Amber. “It won’t be the same without you.”

 

“You don’t need to thank me, you know that? I would just agree right away if they had told me it is your party,” Amber said, patting Jonghyun on the back.

 

“Amber...do you remember that person that I met years ago in America?”

 

“You mean the one you’re dating right now?”

 

“Y-yeah.”

 

“Uh huh, I do remember,” Amber answered. “We met a lot of times because of you. Are you guys still doing okay?”

 

“We’re doing great...in fact tonight I’m planning to propose,” Jonghyun said in a small voice but Amber heard him fine.

 

“Whaatt?! Realllly??” Amber jumped up and down around the booth in excitement. She did not believe her ears. “Tell me you’re not joking!”. Amber stopped in front of Jonghyun and lifted him up and spun him around.

 

“Noo, I am not joking!” Jonghyun said loudly for Amber to hear despite she was still spinning him. She stopped the moment he said that and put him on the ground gently.

 

“I’m soo happy for you Jonghyun! You deserve the best!” Amber told him as she pulled him in for a hug. “You’ve been through a lot and it’s time for you to be happy.” Amber let go of him and ruffled the hair of the slightly sobbing boy.

 

“Why are you crying? Ohh come onnn~ We will still be here even after you get married and have little dinosaurs running around.” Amber bent down and hopped around as if she was a dinosaur. Jonghyun wiped his tears away and let out the smile that Amber wanted to see. Amber feeling satisfied with her actions stood up and headlocked Jonghyun. They both cracked up after looking at each other. Jonghyun felt like his heart could burst with excitement and nervousness but with Amber, he was confident. He was thankful to have Amber and Taeyeon, whom he talked with earlier, in his life. They were the best things to exist.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter