Hyesung 3/4

A long Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyesung shook his head, muttering on about his stupidness while fishing a cigarette out of the pack. And then nearly dropped it because the doorbell pierced through his apartement. Who would ring the bell at such an ungodly hour?!

Normally Hyesung would expect one of the members but since they were all headed home and surely already in their beds either sleeping or tormenting their Groupchat, he decided to ignore it.

But then the person tried a second time and a third right after and Hyesung lost his patience, already sensitive and now greatly annoyed. Whoever wanted something from him had to take into account that he might be rude. He didn’t bother turning the lights on in the hallway, which turned out to be a mistake because he stumbled over the shoes he had discarded there earlier and nearly lost his balance.

He cursed at the shoes, advancing to the door, tightening the belt on his bathrobe. And the moment the fourth ring of the doorbell shrilled deafening on his ears Hyesung flung the door open.

Eric in front of the door seemed to be equally surprised even though he remained his composure way faster than the shorter singer did. „No need to be so aggressive. “he grinned and invited himself in, shoving himself through Hyesung and the door inside the main vocals apartement.

Hyesung knew he really shouldn’t be surprised by such actions anymore but magically he still was. He refused to close the door and Eric stopped where he was. „What do you want? “Hyesung spluttered, crossing his arms protectively over his chest.

„You didn’t read my message. “Eric simply said, refusing to answer his fellow members question indirectly. Oh wow that explains everything, Hyesung was already fuming again, he wouldn’t let the taller man toy around with him so easily, not today. „Seems so. “The only light sources were the livingroom and the staircase, but it was enough to see the rappers’ resignated expression and the way he cocked his way slightly.

„Minbongie told me you’re still awake and I said I’m coming over, we have to talk. “The older man explained calmly, making Hyesung feel unwell. He had done enough thinking just now, his body still exhausted and tired and his mind definitely had enough of that handsome face a few feet away.

„Who said I’m willing to talk? “he asked, internally cringing at his childish, stubborn tone. He gestured to the door. The singer hated it to see the patience draining out of the others face but he was rather sure he wasn’t able to handle more Eric that night, even less talking.

„Stop playing so hard to get Hyesungie. “Eric muttered, serious and sounding exhausted and greatly unhappy. Hyesung was hot and cold all over and not simply because Eric had just addressed what the singer had been doing all the years with him. The hint of desperation stung, it stabbed Hyesungs heart right in the center. He wordlessly closed the door, turning around to return to his kitchen.

Eric couldn’t take more than a couple steps before he stumbled over Hyesungs shoes too, crashing down while a cute soft scream was heard and then he was cursing. „Serves you right. “Hyesung muttered but still went over to help his friend up, surprised he didn’t even get a lecture about cleaning up his hallway.

The thing was that Eric didn’t say anything at all, just giving Hyesung an akward smile. How weird. It was as if something was up, something was wrong and Eric didn’t say it directly. But he did when something was up so Hyesung brushed it off, telling himself it was just his delusional mind. He left the rapper on his own and returned to the kitchen, picking up his cigarettes and lighter.

The singer lit himself one and slumbed against the fridge, wrapping himself tighter into his bathrobe. The first drag always was the best. It wasn’t about the smoke but about the nicotine that went into your system right away and calmed Hyesungs senses and everything a little. He sighed, feeling as if he could breathe out his turbulent feelings like the flame of a candle.

And then Eric entered the kitchen too, shooting his younger friend a judging look before leaning against the doorframe. Hyesung wondered if he wasn’t going to say anything or if he intended to let the main vocal smoke in peace before tormenting him with whatever it was that brought him into Hyesungs apartement. Because it surely wasn’t just to hang out, Eric would’ve acted entirely different then and it was obvious that the two of them needed to sleep rather than to hang around.

„You should quit. “Shinhwas leader voiced after a while and Hyesung already felt annoyed, provoked. „Just because you quit it doesn’t mean I have to. I don’t belong to you. “The younger spat, regretting his words the second his opposite grimaced, making clear he didn’t mean it that way. But Hyesung did, maybe not in this aspect but he had to get those words out because they were true and otherwise he would never believe them fully.

„You’re right, you don’t. “A resignated sigh dropped from the taller man’s lips, giving Hyesung the feeling as if his heart now really was broken. „But you really should, at least for your own health. “And there it was again, that annoyingly caring side that hurt as much as it warmed the singer.

„Don’t tell me what to do, you know how much I hate it. “He really did hate it, at least when it came to his personal life and Eri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter