A new Host

Silent

Yesung glared at the man he thought was Onew. Tapping his fingers against the arm of the chair, he closed his eyes.

“Do you understand what I am telling you Yesung-ah.” Key asked.

“Yes,” Yesung growled out. He was eager to return home, to get back to his normal things. Key narrowed his eyes before shaking his head.

“You only get one toy, pick or you can return home to Korea with nothing.” Key ordered. Yesung stood in anger at the threat. Key remained calm as he leaned back and folded his hands together.

“The rules have changed Yesung, a letter has been sent to all players of the notice change.” Key explained.

“And what do I do with the toys I have now?” Yesung questioned.

“You give one back and take another.” Key replied crossing his arms. Yesung didn’t reply, his own anger still making him growl.

“Taemin and Ryeowook have already been brought back, all you need to do now is pick which one to take back.” Key said. Yesung leaned back against his own chair before shaking his head.

“I did not agree to these rules or changes.” he stated earning Key’s smile.

“The leader of the game has changed and so have the rules.” Key remarked. “We have given you the new rules, now obey or stop playing the game.” he ordered. Yesung shook his head as he stood up and made his way to the door. Key watched him with curious eyes as the elder paused.

“I will take Lee Taemin,” he responded before leaving the other alone...


 

Key waited for the other to leave officially before standing up and walking to the door behind his desk. Jonghyun was smiling as he stood waiting for Key to appear.

“Did he take the deal?” Key asked making Jonghyun nod his head.

“Yes, Donghae has taken the torch from Jinki.” Jonghyun replied as he held out a hand for the other. Key smiled before allowing Jonghyun to lead him to the car Onew awaited them at. Once the two were inside the limo, Jinki smiled.

“Shall we go?” he asked before sharing a kiss with the two men. As they nodded, Amber drove them away....


 

Donghae smiled as Ryeowook stood before him. He had done it, achieved what he had come here to do. His Wookie was safe. Slowly making his way forward, Donghae smiled as he gently cupped his lover’s face in his hands.

“I have missed you.” Donghae whispered, his eyes soft as they examined all of his lovers features. Ryeowook didn’t respond, those large brown eyes Donghae had fallen in love with, held fear in them. A look Donghae hated.

“Who hurt you my love? Did Yesung do this to you?” Donghae asked, trailing the pad of this thumb over his Ryeowook’s lips.

“I thought no one was coming.” Ryeowook spoke, his voice just as soft as Donghae remembered.

“I was alone, useless. Both Taemin and Yesung used me as nothing more than a toy. I was just an object to them.” Ryeowook hissed, his legs going weak as he fell into Donghae’s arms making the two fall to the floor. As Ryeowook cried, Donghae held him close. He was in charge now, he controlled all of these ‘Toys’ as Onew had called them. Donghae closed his eyes. This would never happen again. His Wookie would be the first and last to lose hope amongst the players of this game.

“I will become the toy master, I will be the one in charge now.” Donghae spoke, his words low and dark.

“From now on my Wookie, you and all the other toys, will never have to fear again. Those bastards may play the game, but I’m the one who makes the rules.” Ryeowook looked up at Donghae confused, before burying his head in the older’s chest. At least now, he felt safe....


 

Kyuhyun hated how broken Sungmin was. As he slowly ran his fingers through his lover’s hair, he began to think of what they were going to do. They couldn’t stay here, Sungmin and even him were in danger. Kyuhyun made to stand up, but Sungmin’s hand shot out, grabbing the younger’s arm. Kyuhyun looked down, his heart hurting at the frightened look in his hyung’s eyes.

“It’s okay, I’m just going to get us some food.” Kyuhyun whispered, his words careful and slow to comfort his hyung. Since escaping Henry and Hangeng, Kyuhyun had sold everything and gone into hiding. Their current home was just a small one room basement some old lady was letting them use because she found Kyuhyun cute and cooked for them.

Sungmin’s small footsteps echoed on the floor as he followed Kyuhyun around. It was useless, the older could have stayed seated where they slept on the floor and still see Kyuhyun, but the younger never stopped him.

“What shall we snack on?” Kyuhyun asked. Sungmin didn’t respond, his voice seemed to have left him during the waking hours. Only at night was Kyuhyun able to hear Sungmin’s voice. Sadly, that voice was always yelling and pleading for his torture to stop.

“We can eat some black bean noodles.” Kyuhyun smiled showing the small bowl of noodles. Sungmin blinked making Kyuhyun nod his head and begin preparing their snack. He was humming softly as he worked, when arms wrapped around his middle. Sungmin was back hugging him, his eyes wide open as he clung to the younger. Kyuhyun knew not to say anything. His hyung was terrified, and upset. Seeing Sungmin like this, was just a horrid reminder of how lucky he was that he had escaped losing his sanity.

“Don’t worry hyung, I won’t let anyone hurt you again.” Kyuhyun promised as he added some salt to the food. Sungmin moved to the small table near the corner of the room and sat, waiting for Kyuhyun to bring the food.

“You must be hungry? Tomorrow we will go out and look for a place again, ok?” Kyuhyun asked as he placed the now cooked food on the table. Sungmin nodded his head as he grabbed his chopsticks. Kyuhyun watched his hyung for a while before closing his eyes. He loved Sungmin, he always would, but, this world had hurt him, and Kyuhyun had no idea how to fix him...