What's happening?!

High School Idiots

What's happening?!

I don't even know...

It's Monday morning, somewhere around 7 am. As much as I love to stay in my beloved bed and sleep the whole day, I know I can't. It's school as usual and the end exams are nearing. I struggled as I open my eyes, only to get it hit by the sun. I quickly block the sun with my hand. I sit up straight and stretch my hands up high.

 

How can the sun appear so early in the morning? Oh right...it's almost summer.

 

I sighed and get off my bed. I headed straight to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. I dry my hair and comb it. I put on my uniform and my shoes. I exit the bathroom and take my backpack. Off I go!...To eat my beloved breakfast!

 

I go down the stairs and headed directly to the kitchen. No one was home. I live in this huge house with my mom. My dad passed away before I was born so I never really knew him. Plus, i'm the only child so it's usually quiet in this house. My mom works hard to keep us both alive and I appreciate that, even tho I feel bad. She said I should just focus on my studies and so I did.

 

I took a bowl and a spoon. I open one cabinet and look for some cereals. Found it! Lastly, I open the fridge and took out the milk. I put the cereals in the bowl first then put the milk in. I mix them both and put one mouthful cereals in my mouth. Guess what? The milk has expired.

 

I widened my eyes and I ran to the sink. I spit everything out of my mouth without hesitation. My goodness, I could have died from food poisoning! That milk...my goodness I don't know it could taste that bad when it's expired. I should have read the expiration date! I'm so stupid sometimes...

 

I drank a small bottle water in one go, but I still can taste the expired milk in my mouth. It taste horrible. Really, I hope no one will ever experience this again. I grab the milk from the fridge and throw it away. Goodbye! I waved at the trash can.

 

I realized how retarded I am so I decided to clean the mess I made up. I guess no breakfast for me today. I'll just buy something at the bakery nearby my school. After cleaning up, I decided to leave. It was 7:43 am. School starts at 8:30 am. I still have tons of time since my school is just 10 minutes away by biking.

 

I grab the key and exit the door. I locked it and hop on my bike. My mom have offered me before if I wanted to go to school with the car. She would hire a driver if I agreed. But I declined her offer. That would be a waste of money. I prefer to go with the bike since my school is just 10 minutes away!

 

I hop on my bike and start riding. What about a little introductions? My name is Bang Minah, i'm 17 years old and I'll be starting my senior year next year. So excited about that fact! I'm bubbly, cheerful, nice, fun, cute, hardworking and everything nice! Just kidding. But I am bubbly and cheerful. I barely cry and if I do, I won't let anyone see me doing it. I get jealous easily but tend to hide it. I'm very clumsy but people say that's one of my flaws.

 

I attend D.T High School with my best friends: Sojin, Jihae, Yura and Hyeri. We're pretty popular at our school and I definitely don't know why. I have never been in love or have a crush on someone ever since I was born! I'm pretty innocent and naive at those things. Hehe~

 

Before I know it, I was already in front of the bakery shop nearby my school. I put my bike somewhere safe and quickly run inside. I bought a chocolate bread and a croissant, along with cappuccino! I pay and say thanks to the lady after getting my change back. I run outside and quickly hop on my bike again and starts riding. I don't wanna be late for school! Lately, i'm almost always late and it irritates me. I arrived at school and park my bike. I look at the huge clock on our building and it was just 8:15 am. I have 15 minutes to eat my food!

 

I quickly run inside and headed right to my locker. I put books in and put books out really fast just so I can eat my holy breakfast! After i'm done, I lock my locker and quickly run to my usual chilling spot with my girls. Everyone was already there.

 

“Good morning girls!” I loudly greeted, running to them.

 

“Good morning!” They all said, smiling.

 

“Looks like you're early today, unlike every other day.” Sojin teased. I stick my tongue out.

 

“Whatever, i'm just gonna eat my breakfast happily!” I open the box with chocolate bread and croissant. I grab the croissant and eat happily.

 

“Of course! Why would our little Minah ever miss breakfast?” Jihae teased. Aigoo, it's always like this. I'm like the person who always get teased in our group.

 

I slightly pouted but decided to just ignore them. All I care about right now is food! Actually, all I care about all the time is food. Can I help it? I love it too much. I don't even gain weight by eating so much food. That's what I love about my body. While girls are crazy about boys, i'm just at the corner eating food in peace! Just thinking about various kind of foods makes me happy.

 

“Look at this girl, daydreaming while eating!” Yura shakes her head.

 

“She is probably daydreaming about food again.” Hyeri pointed out.

 

The bell rang, which wake me up from my daydreaming session. Everyone was leaving me behind. I quickly shove everything in my mouth and quickly drink my cappuccino. I run behind them, trying to keep up and still munching everything in my mouth! By the time we got in class, I swallowed everything at once. Right at that moment, the teacher comes in.

 

Great timing! We started with math, one of my most hated subject ever. I completely ignore what the teacher is saying and just keep on looking outside the window, daydreaming. I know I promised my mom to study hard, but I just can't concentrate. So yeah, math passed, science passed, everything passed and now it's time for lunch.

 

“My favorite subject!” I skipped down the hall with my girls following behind me. It's normal for them seeing me like this. I'm always hyper and crazy and all.

 

We enter the cafeteria and sit at our usual place. Eyes are looking at us as always. Girls are always praising us like, “Wow they're so good looking!” “They're so cute!” “Not only they have nice face, they have a nice personality too!”

 

I look at everyone and waved as usual. I still don't get why we get this many attention. I mean, we don't really do anything. But put that aside, it's time to choose what to eat today. I grab a tray and stand in line. When it's my turn to pick, I start choosing many many food. I ordered ramyeon, fried chicken, fried octopus, cupcakes, muffins, strawberry milk, chocolate milk, fanta and many more. Everyone was used to see me picking up lots of food like this. Girls would envy me for eating so much but never gaining weight.

 

I cheerfully go back to the table and eat everything like there is no tomorrow. At times like this, Sojin would always say that the food won't grow some legs and run away from me. I told her I don't care and to leave me alone with my beloved food. Everyone would laugh. That's our daily routine.

 

After lunch, we all hang all over the place. You know, talking about everyday life and talking about boys. Mostly the rest are talking about boys. I would be talking about food. And everyone would tell me that I need to find a new addiction. So I told them how much I love my bed. They all face-palm and tell me to talk about other stuff besides food and bed.

 

After that, we have PE. I hate PE. I am good at sports but i'm just not interested in it! I love singing and dancing. Or drawing and painting. But sport is not the right thing for me to do. I was stretching and acting as if I was doing something but in reality, i'm not.

 

“Mrs. Bang.” The teacher called out my name. “Please go to the principal's office.” I widened my eyes.

 

“WHAT? B-b-but I was stretching! I swear I will do something just don't make me go to the principal's office! PLEASE SEONSAENG PLEASE!” I pleaded with my puppy eyes.

 

My teacher face-palmed himself. “Calm down. You're not in trouble. Your mom is currently at the principal's office right now and she want to speak to you.”

 

Well that was embarrassing...Anyways I ran to the principal's office to see what's happening. I knock on the door and come in after the principal told me to come in.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I bowed.

 

“Minah, go pack your things!” My mom ordered. I stood there confused. What is she talking about?!

 

“Thank you so much for taking care of my daughter through all these years! I hope her grade will becomes better when she attend Hallyu High School!” My mom bowed in front of the principal. The principal nodded and bowed back.

 

What the hell is she talking about? Pack my things? Hallyu High School? What the heck is going on? I can't keep up and I kinda have a bad feeling about this.

 

“What are you doing, still standing there?” My mom asked me.

 

“Umma, what's happening?” I asked.

 

“I'll explain it to you in the car, now hurry and pack your stuff!” I SERIOUSLY have a bad feeling about this. I bowed to the principal and went to my locker. Before I go, I should at least tell my friends that i'm going. I was about to go to the gym when my mom holds me back.

 

“Where are you going?” She ask with a blank expression on her face.

 

“I'm going to tell my friends that i'm going.” I look at her.

 

“There is no time, tell them later through email or sms or whatever!” She said. “Follow me.” She ordered.

 

I couldn't argue with my mom. I don't dare to. She works hard to keep us alive so I don't wanna make trouble for her. I follow her all the way to the parking place and we got in the car. I was still confused about what's happening and I was waiting for my mom's explanation.

 

“I see that your grades are going down.” She stated. I look outside the window as i stiffend.

 

“I'm thinking that the school is pretty bad for you so I signed you in Hallyu High School! I hope your grades will raise up there.” I look at her shocked.

 

How could she just made this decision herself without asking me? I was too shocked that nothing comes out of my mouth. I was loss for words. I was trying to think hard at what's happening. So i'm quitting D.T High School, leaving my best friends behind and i will be attending Hallyu High School now?

 

“Is there any problem?” My mom ask. I shake my head.

 

“Nothing at all!” I fake a smile.

 

Inside I felt like tearing up. I've been together with Sojin, Jihae, Yura and Hyeri for my whole life! I thought we will never separate from each other. We were more then just best friends. We were sisters and my mom knew that. All she care about is my grades? She doesn't care about my feelings?

 

I bit my lip hard to not start crying. It was awfully silent and it was uncomfortable. But what can I say? I love my mom too much. I know she cares about me too. That definitely. She just want the best for me. I guess we will both finds out soon if this was the best decision or not...


Here is chapter 1. Sorry for the boring chapter! I promise the next chapter will be better. But I don't think I can update so easily since I have school and exams and all! But I will try my best. No silent readers allowed!