SEOULITE CAFÉ: Pierce [2-2]

SEOULITE CAFÉ: OF STORIES AND SUCH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A year had passed just like the seasons moving in the circle of life. It was such a heavy year for Jueun but she managed to pull herself together and live the life she thought she would never live.

It was hard enough that the pain a year ago swallowed her whole into the severity of longing and suffering. It was as if her life was written in a movie with a very mean scriptwriter. She was supposed to be the protagonist of her own movie but the story change making her the villain that her own stupidity.

Her life has always been the color of pink and sunshine but as the rain stops in the middle of the night it turns into an ugly cry of red and violet.


She's been hiding from her life a year ago but she needs to stand and find her footing again if she wants to find her own person again.


Jueun made a startled sound that was so full of anguish when she realizes that she was standing in front of the café that had taken everything she had.


The café had taken her life, her dreams, her future and the man that had promise a future of bliss and happiness. She cringed as she tries to swallow down the bile that had risen on . It is now or never. This is a step to moving on. It is a step into the reality of freedom that would free her from the past.


The café had also turned her heart into stone. Carving a deep hate she never thought she would possess until she realize that she hated everything that the café had given her. 


It had given her comfort, happiness and family just like the man that choose to do his duty rather than follow his heart. It was selfish of her to take that away from him but he had broken her so much it was hard to bring back the heart she had a year ago.


She went inside the café when she heard the stupid chime that keeps on hunting her dreams at night. It was an ugly reminder for her but it was also a good way to retain the anger in her being.


Anger is an understatement for the things she feels but it was so good to be able to express your emotion in a way that is advantageous to you. 


As she scan the area where she can sit down she saw the young woman strutting around the café asking their orders then in a blink of the eye she saw her friends happily chatting at the corner where the piano was located.


It was as if fate was toying with her when her Bom unnie raise her head and saw her. She saw her stiffen but a warm smile broke into her lips and she run towards her without caring about the people looking at them weirdly.


She can also hear shrieks from both Seyeon and Siyoung as they both stood up to give her the hugs she wants to forget.


'Ahjumma you're scaring all the costumers will you get inside your office.'

A little boy age seven was shouting at them as he tried to shove them inside Seyeon's office.

She eyed the young boy when it hits her hard. It was as if her world upside down when she was led inside an office and she sat down in a beige colored sofa.


'I should spank that boy. Why is he so mature beyond his years? I should ask Sunhwa what he gives him so that I would be able to take care of this button.'


It was like a movie in a play. She's the person that doesn't speak but she observes the three women that had been part of her life when she saw Bom's protruding belly.


'Unnie, I thought I would never see you again after wha--'


'Seyeon-ah' Seyoung's voice reverberates in her ears as she smiles at them.


'It's okay. What happen a year ago is hurtful but I am sorry that I took you out of my life when all I needed was your warmth. I'm sorry to shut you out for a whole year.'


'Jueun-ah, It's okay if it had made you have the reason to move on. We were hurt when you just disappear away from us but we know in our heart that you would be back. We know that you were so hurt it was the only way for you to move on. It was hard enough that we were not there to help you.'


The time for tears had already dried from Jueun's eyes but it was also a great reminder that one of her friends was the younger sister of the man that shattered her into a million pieces of trash.


She sat in silence when she feels them sat beside her. She thought she had forgotten about the hurt a year ago but it was the choices that keep on replaying in her mind.


What if he followed his heart?


What if he never let her go?


A lot of what if runs like music inside her mind as she keeps on telling herself that she's here to tell them that she'll be living Korea for a couple of years.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter