Chapter 2:

The Way We Were

Jessica's POV:

I’m in love with Nichkhun.

Every time I see him, my heart beats fast like a bullet train. I’ve always imagined him proposing to me and having our own kids together. And I always picture us, together, at our own house, with our own kids and dog and-

No.

I can’t.

I have to keep this a secret. This whole fantasy with him is just a stupid crush. He’s just like any other guy I had a crush on during high school.
But I can’t tell anyone about him.

Not even Tiffany.

The three of us are such good friends, I can’t risk losing our close friendship.

I know if I do tell Tiffany, it’ll only make her feel like a third wheel.


I don’t know how long I can keep this all inside….

Jennifer’s POV:

I. Hate. Physics

Ugh. I swear, my teacher enjoys failing her students. That twenty-four year old lady who just recently graduated from college, thinks she’s “the best” and could do whatever she wants.

So far, I’ve been getting C’s on every test and quiz. Many people consider me lucky to even pass this course, but this class is destroying my B average (Yes, B average). Say goodbye to scholarships.

“Hey! Jennifer!” My infuriating physics teacher roared at me as I quickly turned my head towards her direction.

Holy crap....is she really wearing a man’s necktie with her oversize plaid shirt? Is she trying to be a man?

“…what?” I asked in a low tone. I looked around and everyone beside me was either texting or sleeping, not bothering to pay attention. Ugh, why does she always pick on me?

With that unshaved mustache, she could totally pass as a man....

“Pay attention!” She snarled as she continued her horrendous teaching.

This lady needs to get laid…..

Brrrrrinnnnnnngg

The final school bell finally rang. Everyone, including me, raced to the door.

“Wait! Don’t leave! Your homework!” My physics teacher yelped as she tried to hand the assignment worksheets to my classmates.

But obviously everyone sprinted out before she could even hand them to us.

“Ahah…” I chuckled to myself as I strolled out of the classroom.

Schools finally over .....for the day…

I grinned happily to myself as I strutted by students who were flocking the narrow lobby.

“Hey! Jennifer!” A familiar voice boomed near my ear.

I spunned around and saw my father.

“Uh…Dad..?” I asked.

If there was one word to describe my Dad, it would be workaholic. He’s an executive of a shipping company in Seoul and work every day. It was strange seeing him here at this time or even in my school. And frankly, I was surprised that he didn’t get lost since he rarely visits my school.

“….What are you doing here?” I finally questioned.

He was wearing his usual business attire and sunglasses. He looked like one of the FBI guys in those bad Japanese action movies.

“I’m here to er….pick you up.” He hastily answered as he glared his watch, as if he was being timed.

Oh no. The last time my dad picked me up was when my grandfather died…

“Oh no, Dad….Don’t tell me that Grandma died….” I softly whispered.

“What?” My dad asked, in a surprised voice. “Oh no sweetheart…I’m just here to pick you up. But….we’re uhh…gonna go to my office, ok?”

Office? What? Why would my dad bring me to his office? He almost never let me go there. The last time I visited his office was last Christmas, where I had to deliever his co-workers the Christmas gifts.

“Umm…okay…that sounds swell...” I replied with a fake smile.


Obviously something is going on…but the best thing to do right now is to act clueless…