afraid? don't be..

Suspicious Requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bong Hee wasn’t afraid. Well, in day to day life, she wasn’t afraid of spiders, of unwanted social interaction when it came to anyone but Ji Wook’s mother, or even of falling over flat on her face (granted, she’d done it before).

Bong Hee wasn’t afraid, until Jung Hyun Soo had come along and brought disaster upon disaster to the rather small (and full of personality) company that was being run by Ji Wook. When Mr Bang had been hurt, admitted into hospital for a long time under the wary condition that he may never recover, she started to realize small things about herself that indicated to one point.

She was afraid.

Whenever Ji Wook rose his voice, she couldn’t help but think it was Jung Hyun Soo. Whenever the door opened without her knowing who was there immediately, she cowered away slightly. Her reactions, as the time went on, became far more elaborate and therefore, became noticeable to the other four who occupied the company.

“We need to talk about Bong Hee.”

Ji Wook turns around, facing Eun Hyuk who takes a seat next to him. The relationship between them had become somewhat warmer, now with the both of them withholding any arguments or qualms they had when there was a situation that needed to be sorted. It just so seemed to be that Eun Hyuk, as well as Ji Wook had noticed the differences in Bong Hee’s behaviour.

“Is this what I think it’s about?” Ji Wook asks, and he’s hesitant to ask it in such a nonchalant tone, but it’s all he can do.

“Yeah. Is this because of all of the current situations? With Mr Bang’s situation, and with Jung Hyun Soo…”

“I can only assume so. I… don’t know how to go about it with her. I want to ask her but she’s distant with the conversation and starts talking about something else until I just, in general, can’t bring it up anymore. I don’t know what to do.”

Ji Wook looks away and fiddles briefly with the folder in his hand, sets it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter