fluff + friendship + jealousy = oh my

Suspicious Requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~

They’re a lot bolder with each other since Jung Hyun Soo had been sentenced to life imprisonment, so whilst she wants to say that she’s surprised by Ji Wook’s seemingly impromptu proposal, she really isn’t. it still makes her heart beat just a bit faster, and she’s looking at the ring on her finger.

“What’s your song?” She asks, a grin playing at her lips. She is teasing him, of course, but only because it’s amusing to see the look on his face, to see the uncertainty – sees the mental argument between himself and his conscience over the fact that maybe he hadn’t prepared this proposal as well as he’d originally thought he had.

When he begins to stutter over his words, she moves close and presses her lips to his. It’s a quick peck, if anything, but Ji Wook silences immediately and they smile at each other, Bong Hee still close to him, her hands grasping loosely at his suit jacket.

“Even if you don’t sing for me, my answer is yes. I will love you forever too.”

And even though he hesitated initially, when they start walking back towards the way they came, he begins singing, whilst Bong Hee listens, and smiles.

When they are back at Ji Wook’s house, they head straight to going to bed, but when a voice comes from the side, they both peek over, surprised.

Eun Hyuk is sitting at his desk, and Yoo Jung is with him. They were clearly talking before Bong Hee and Ji Wook walked in, but now they’re both looking at their ‘interruption’. Before Ji Wook says anything, however, Bong Hee smiles, throws a thumb up to Eun Hyuk (even though it’s in plain sight of Yoo Jung) and grabs Ji Wook’s hand before heading upstairs.

There’s a long moment of silence between Eun Hyuk and Yoo Jung, because they’re both wondering what exactly warranted the thumbs up. Even so, he looks back at the woman in front of him, giving a confused and slightly amused smile to her. “Wonder what has them so happy?” He laughs, and Yoo Jung clears before giving a small smile back.

“Maybe they’re still a sore topic.” Eun Hyuk comes to realize, lips pressed together as he looks over her, trying to understand the silent reaction. He’s about to apologize, but she interrupts him before he can even breathe in.

“No,” Yoo Jung shakes her head, and takes a quick glance at the stairs with a small smile. “Surprisingly, they’re not.” She takes her bag from the table, stands, and bows lightly. “I’m going to head home. It’s late.”

“Do you want me to take you home?”

She shakes her head, bowing it shortly afterwards and already starting to walk towards the door. “I’m fine. I can get home myself. I’ll see you tomorrow, Eun Hyuk.” She waves, and he waves back before looking up the stairs.

He figures that the only thing going through his mind is a simple question.

How did Ji Wook start dating someone before me?

Upstairs, the two newly engaged couple were laying side to side, with Bong Hee pulled flush against Ji Wook’s body, his arms wrapped around her, keeping her warm. She presses her face against his chest, sighing softly. It must cause brief alarm in Ji Wook, because he tenses just a little bit.

“Are you okay?”

Confused, Bong Hee nods a little, feeling the tension in Ji Wook dissipate. She wants to ask, but she thinks that she has a solid idea after thinking over it. Ji Wook was protective, and rather strictly so. Not that she minded, but sometimes it was a little confusing and maybe a little worrying to her. After a long time knowing him, getting used to his habits should be easy but since they were obviously emotional habits … it was a little more difficult.

“Of course, I’m fine, jagiya.” She responds. Bong Hee leans up a little, presses a soft kiss to his jaw, runs her fingers over his cheeks as she wriggles a little out of his grip to face him properly. “Go to sleep. You have work early tomorrow.”

Ji Wook groa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter