Chapter 6

Off of Center
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: so sorry for the very late update. tbh i haven't been in a good head space for the past months for this plus uni is eating me alive hence the late update, but i'll be working hard to finish this. thank you for those who stayed and i really hope you could share your opinions with me. it means a lot :) so here it is, i present chapter 6 to you all.

 

CHAPTER 6

 

“Breakfast delivery for Oh Sehun.” Baekhyun announces as he enters Sehun’s office with a tray of food prepared by Kyungsoo. It’s the third time this week that cheerful male had come to bring breakfast for him and if the first time was not weird enough, the third surely is. He deadpans a look at Baekhyun who carefully places the tray of food on his table before sending him the rectangular smile the smaller male is infamous for.

 

“Alright this needs to stop.” Sehun’s exasperation is obvious on his features, “how long did Luhan pay Kyungsoo and you to serve and make me breakfast? This is getting ridiculous.”

 

Baekhyun thinks otherwise, indignant as he stomps his feet, “It’s not ridiculous! It’s sweet! And the man didn’t pay us or anything, he was doing this out of the goodness of his heart.”

 

“You’re really saying that in front of my face?” Sehun scoffs, leaning back onto his swivel chair. “Come on Byun I know you don’t do free work for anyone – not even for your closest friends.”

 

Baekhyun looks attacked at the implications of Sehun’s words, dramatically holding his hand to his chest but deciding to hold his head high, “So what if he paid? It wasn’t exactly cash but free accommodation in their five star hotel any time of the year sounds as good and who am I to deny that? Besides he only wanted me to deliver food to you so it’s a win win situation for me.”

 

“Oh what did I even expect. Is it the same for Kyungsoo?” Sehun wonders with a grimace, “Kyungsoo’s the hardest person to ask a favor from so how did Luhan convince him to cook for me everday?”

 

Baekhyun laughs loudly at that, finally occupying the seat in front of Sehun’s desk. “Well I heard from a little birdie that model Kim Jongin’s schedule has been swamped since he’s been signed to endorse Lu Group’s chain of hotels. That’s what Luhan probably had to give Kyungsoo, a Jongin free week since the man keeps pestering our cute chef.”

 

“You mean big birdie don’t you? I’m pretty sure Chanyeol’s isn’t anywhere close to being little.” Baekhyun splutters at Sehun’s offhanded comment but the latter simply continues to speak, “also that Jongin kid must be such a nuisance for Kyungsoo to accept Luhan’s offer.”

 

“I know right. But before anything else, you should really eat your breakfast before it gets cold. And finish it please, Kyungsoo’s about to have my head for bringing back half eaten food for two days straight.”

 

Sehun snorts at Baekhyun’s plea, “If I didn’t do that he wouldn’t have gone in here spilling about how he didn’t want to put up with my picky if it weren’t for Luhan. You guys are seriously too good to be siding with him, I want my friends back.”

 

“Stop being dramatic Sehun,” Baekhyun chides, spreading the jam on Sehun’s toast so he could force feed it to the male. “Kyungsoo and I are just here for you. But we see the man making efforts to please you so who are we to deny him? He seems like a good person Sehunnie.”

 

“That’s what he wants you to believe.” the taller male grumbles, trying to avoid the toast Baekhyun is currently trying place inside his mouth. “Luhan is after my head. He’s probably just pretending to be nice hmph-.”

 

True to his goal, Baekhyun successfully feeds Sehun the piece of toast causing the other male to further glare at him. “Give him the benefit of the doubt will you? He’s obviously trying to get into your good graces so stop trying to trump the dude’s advances. He’s not going to eat you alive you idiot.”

 

“Yeah Baekhyun’s right I won’t eat you, though you do look decent enough to be a meal.” there’s a new voice that surprises both males in the office and they immediately turn towards the door to see Luhan with a cheeky smile. Contrary to his usual office attire, the blond male is currently wearing a plain black long sleeves and white khaki shorts while his curly locks are let down and a bit messy. He waves his hand at Sehun who almost chokes at the half eaten toast in his mouth before he regains his bearings backs.

 

Baekhyun’s laughter rings clearly in Sehun’s office, “I’ll leave the both of you alone. Please make sure he finishes his breakfast Luhan.” chancing one last look at Sehun and warning him to be kind through his eyes, Baekhyun then skips merrily out of the room allowing Luhan to occupy his seat.

 

Once the click of the door is heard, silence reigns throughout the whole office with Sehun suddenly pretending to be interested with his food while Luhan amusedly stares at him. It goes on for a few minutes, Sehun remains stubbornly quiet all throughout that time while mindlessly poking the scrambled egg cooked for him and the smaller of the two indulges him, keeping to himself until he could no longer take the treatment.

 

“Uh,” Luhan fakes a cough, “You’re really going to ignore me, aren’t you?”

 

Sehun bristles at that, “Don’t you have work today?” he pointedly stares at Luhan, lifting a brow as a subtle display of hostility which Luhan decides to ignore. Instead he leans closer towards the silver haired owner of the restaurant before flashing him a dazzling smile.

 

“I got myself a day off!” He excitedly states, “Work has been stressing me out so I wanted to go somewhere far but not a bit too far from civilization. Then I remembered your restaurant and so I went here, it’s really beautiful you know.” Luhan smiles, relaxing back onto the chair. “I really like what you did with this place and the view is amazing.”

 

At Luhan’s enthusiasm and amazement, Sehun can’t seem to avoid the flush that decorates the tips of his ears. He clears his throat trying to act nonchalant despite the fact that it felt so good to hear the other male compliment his restaurant. “Well I obviously bought this land for a reason. I wouldn’t have built the restaurant here if I knew it won’t look good.” Sehun responds haughtily, forking the berries on his plate before munching on it a bit aggressively. Luhan still finds it amusing however and he chuckles endearingly at the taller male’s tactics.

 

“You really dislike me huh.” Luhan comments with a twinkle on his eyes. He places his left elbow on Sehun’s desk lazily proceeding to lean his chin on the open palm of his left hand. “I’ll probably need to work ten times harder to be your friend.”

 

“There’s nothing to work for,” Sehun dismisses Luhan’s earnest look, moving his chair away from his desk. “You’re just wasting your time here. I’m not interested in being friends with you.”

 

“You’re not done with your breakfast yet, why are you leaving?” Luhan observes with a slight frown both from Sehun’s words and the latter’s avoidance. He watches Sehun grab his keys from the drawer in his desk before the man makes his way out of the office, “I have stuff to do and I don’t have time to entertain you. It’d be better if you leave.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter