Chapter 5

Off of Center
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*unbeta-ed/ sorry for the possible mistakes in grammar and typos

 

CHAPTER 5

 

The morning is smothered by the cold breeze brought by last night’s rain.

 

Sehun wakes up to the sound of droplets still slowly hitting the clear glass of his window, his blanket wrapped tight around his body to provide comfort and warmth in the midst of the morning’s frigid air. The sounds of the waves are stronger today, more vicious and threatening than the days when the rays of the sun had filtered brightly into the gaps of blue clear skies. But Sehun does not mind it a bit, allowing himself the luxury of further sinking into the cushion of his bed while the pit-a-patter of the rain washes away the weariness in his bones.

 

Majority of last night’s event had drained him effectively, and aside from smiling too much he’d had enough of having Luhan being within his personal space specially when it causes all sorts of thoughts to fly into his head. He closes his eyes, mind drifting immediately to the memory of Luhan staring at him, doe eyes glassy and filled with layers of emotions that is waiting to pull Sehun in. Despite the time that has passed and no matter how Sehun tries to ignore it, traces of the boy he used to know remains within the Luhan he knows now. He finds it hard to admit to himself, but even he cannot deny the amount of instances he found himself mulling about how Luhan had grown to forget him or why he had come back to haunt Sehun with their memories.

 

Like a lullaby, the sound of the rain slowly pulls Sehun back to sleep as his mind goes further and further into the past. But just before he falls into a deep slumber once again, the sound of the door bell ringing echoes throughout his house and brings back his conscious state. Displeased, Sehun groans into his pillow and remains immobile until another ring echoes, forcing him to stand up from his bed so he could see whoever it is that had thought it would be a good idea to visit him despite the strong rains.

 

After wearing his hoodie and a pair of sweatpants, Sehun groggily walks out of his room to open the door. And to his absolute surprise, Sehun opens the door of his house to see a drenched Luhan holding a basket of fruits. He looks the man up and down to confirm if he is dreaming or not, eyebrow furrowing and suddenly feeling much awake when he realizes everything he was seeing is real. “Why in the world are you here?”

 

“Uh, can I come in first?” Luhan stutters, shivering from being wet in the rain for more than a few minutes. Not wanting to risk the other getting sick and his parents blaming him for it, Sehun moves to open his door wider and let Luhan in. Once inside his house, Sehun instructs Luhan to remain standing on the door mat so the smaller male wouldn’t drench the floor before he goes to get a towel and a pair of clothes for the latter.

 

“Take this,” He throws the towel and clothes towards Luhan before he walks toward the guest bedroom situated near the kitchen. “There’s a bathroom inside you could change in there then we’ll have a talk after.” Sehun says with a serious expression to which Luhan simply nods. “Are you going to bring that in the shower with you?”

 

“What?” Luhan asks, staring back at Sehun with a bewildered expression.

 

Sehun sighs, “the basket you fool.” Sehun comments, pointing at the fruit basket Luhan is holding. The statement causes the smaller male to turn red before he shoves the basket into Sehun’s chest. “It’s for you.” He says, almost a whisper.

 

“Uh, it’s for me?” Sehun questions, now totally weirded out.

 

Luhan breathes deeply, answering with a yes that is loud enough for him and Sehun to hear. Then he rushes to open the door to the guest room without even waiting for Sehun to respond. Dumbfounded by the other man’s actions Sehun moves toward the kitchen carrying the basket of fruits so he could place it on the counter. He walks to his pantry to check for supplies before grabbing a few ingredients so he could cook a small serving of past for him and Luhan. It takes him less than twenty minutes to finish cooking and Luhan enters just in time to see Sehun plating the dish.

 

“Do I smell pesto pasta?” Luhan asks, eagerly skipping towards the kitchen counter. “Oh wow that looks absolutely wonderful.” He smiles at Sehun causing the man to suspiciously look at him.

 

“Take a seat and dig in.” Sehun tells Luhan with a straight face as he sits on the stool across the other. He carefully observes the blonde male, watching as the other excitedly takes a seat as well before eating the pasta he prepared. Dressed in Sehun’s clothes, Luhan looks even smaller considering how the former’s figure is much broader than him. Added to that, Luhan’s blonde hair is also plastered onto his forehead making him look cuter and Sehun notices all of these but he tries his best not to smile choosing instead to focus more on the reason why Luhan seems alright being in his presence, to the point his visiting him like an old friend and sharing a hearty meal with him.

 

Perhaps, Sehun thinks, perhaps he remembers?

 

“Hey,” Luhan calls him, mouth still full with pasta. “Hey Sehun are you alright?”

 

It is the first time Luhan has called Sehun by his name since they met again and this effectively places Sehun’s full attention on him. For the past few months it has always been you or Mr. Oh but never Sehun, and somehow hearing the smaller male call him that way brings back more memories Sehun thought he would never associat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter