You're More Important

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sungkyu hyung, we’re here” I heard Dongwoo said from the table near the window in the cafeteria. I turned to him and found him already sitting on the table with Howon, Myungsoo and Sungjong. I quickly walked to their table and joined them. They greeted me and I greeted them back.


I’m already in my third year of high school and these guys here are my friends and also classmates. It was our lunch break but I had to do something at the faculty room so I joined with them a bit late.

Jang Dongwoo and Kim Myungsoo were my classmates since first year high school while the brothers Lee Howon and Lee Sungjong transferred to our school a year ago. They were all a year younger from me except Sungjong who is 2 years younger than me but since he’s quite a smart kid he’s on the same year level as us. We are all included in the top 10 of our year so we’re all quite lowkey popular.

Myungsoo always ranked the 4th, Dongwoo on 6th, Sungjong on 7th and Howon on 9th and I was always the top 1. However, for some reason we don’t let our ranks get into our friendship. We always help each other with our school stuff. We’re all friends not rivals after all.


We were laughing at a joke Dongwoo said when we heard a few squeals from guys and girls in the cafeteria. We all looked at each other and I smiled when a certain someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to him and saw that he was pouting a little. I raised my eyebrow on him silently asking him why and he pouted more.


“I thought you were going to the faculty room. I went there but I couldn’t find you” He said as he sat beside me and snatched my sandwich from me. I frowned at him when he bites from my sandwich.


“Well who asked you to go to the faculty? I told you to meet at the cafeteria you and that’s my sandwich go buy your own one” I told him as I grabbed my sandwich from him. I saw him pout more if that was even possible and I just smiled at him.


“Hello to you too Nam Woohyun. You know Sungkyu hyung isn’t the only one here you kind jerk” Howon said sarcastically


“Seriously Woohyun hyung, I nearly spit my fries from being shocked when your fangirls and fanboys squeal so loud. Can’t they be quieter than that?” Sungjong said rolling his eyes.


Yeah! Those two are definitely brothers. We laughed a little from the brothers’ antics.


“Hey! It’s not my fault I’m so popular you know” Woohyun said as he turned to his fans and waved to them.


Truthfully, Woohyun is indeed very popular even though he’s also just a third year like us. He even surpassed some of the seniors with his huge popularity. Everyone is head over heels for him.

I mean who wouldn’t he’s the top 2 in our year, he’s very handsome, athletic, cool, talented, cute and well he’s also y but don’t tell him I told you he’s just going to tease me. Anyway, Woohyun is almost perfect as he is but sadly for his fans he’s already taken.


“Oh yeah! Woohyun, we’re going to the karaoke hub later after class at Hongdae want to join us? I mean it’s been a while since we all hang out together right?” Dongwoo asked. 


“I’m sorry guys, I can’t go later. I have a date with Bomi-ssi. She’ll be upset if I suddenly told her I can’t go” He said feeling bad and turning to me. I smiled at him hiding the slight pang on my chest. Stop it heart! This is normal. He has a girlfriend duh!


“It’s okay Hyun, don’t worry about it. Just go have fun with Bomi-ssi right guys?” I said to him and the rest of the guys said it was okay. He smiled at me genuinely and muttered a small thank you. I rubbed his shoulder then turned to my sandwich. I saw Dongwoo and Myungsoo giving me a concerned look so I smiled to them. They smiled back but just a small one since they know I was faking it.


Dongwoo and Myungsoo know that I’m in love with my best friend. Yes, I’m still in love with Nam Woohyun even after all these years. Well as I thought before I can’t unlove him I tried though but it was really hard especially when we were so close, we’re practically glued to each other. On the contrary I think I managed to fall deeper in love with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter