CC02

Cardinal County
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson, King J, Wangja (Prince) • Korean, Chinese, Thai • Born in Washington DC • 21 years old • Third Year College • International University of South Korea • Fencing, Mixed Martial Arts • Protective Brother

• • •

LISA

"Wangbi!" Her Jackson-oppa excitedly waved at her, smiling widely. Lisa uneasily glanced at the other side of the parking lot, seems like her brother has not seen Min Yoongi yet.

"Oppa?" She uttered silently and was about to walk towards him when someone's deep voice halted her.

"Wang Jackson?"

The sea of students completely backed off as no one dared to speak. Her brother finally looked towards the other guy standing not-so far away from him. He was momentarily surprised but it was immediately replaced by a cold stare. 

"Suga," Jackson said with a clipped tone. Suga? She carefully strided towards her Oppa as curiosity filled her mind. When she reached his side, her brother abruptly clutched her wrist pulling her behind him as he glared at Yoongi, or is it Suga?

The BTS member smirked, "Wangbi.." He drawled tauntingly before slowly looking at her. His eyes startled her causing her to take a small step back. "So she is Wang Jackson's princess," his smirk became much more sinister - if that's even possible.

Jackson was silent, his jaw clenched and his shoulders turned rigid. They were silent for a while with the air filled with tension until a car door opened before Jennie came out.

"Stop wasting time, Agust" she said with a frown. First Suga, now Agust? How many pseudonyms does this person have?

It's her Oppa's turn to smirk, "Kim Jennie?" he scoffed, "so the talks are ing true. Tell me Suga, what have you done to score the Prime Minister's daughter?"

Lisa gasped and she wasn't the only one who did. Whispers immediately followed and all she could do was glance at Jennie. Is this why her identity was so hard to find out? Why she was such a mystery to everyone? Looks like it doesn't faze Jennie at all - her eyes remained emotionless and cold.

"Or should I say... how much did you give? Cash or check?" Lisa's eyes snapped towards her brother. She can't believe those rude words came out from his mouth. 

Seething anger became evident on Suga's eyes and as he was about to reach for Jackson's collar, his fianceé quickly stopped him by holding his arm. "Let's go," Jennie said, her voice hard. She looked at Lisa who has been staring at her, "we're late," she said.

Somehow, Lisa knew she did it for her. She was starting to feel scared - this kind of situation was new to her. She has never seen her Oppa act and speak this way. Is this it? Is this some kind of proof that he is indeed Cardinal? A member of the gang, Got7? And although she hates it, she admits that she knew this isn't the worst thing her Oppa could do. This was just a battle with words, what more if Jennie didn't stop Suga? What would have happened then?

"You're all words Wang," Suga coldly uttered looking directly at Jackson's eyes. After a few seconds, his gaze averted to Lisa, "keep this in your mind Jackson - today, I just found something very valuable."

• • •

It was quiet inside the car for nearly half an hour. Jackson was focused on driving and stopping himself from speeding because his dongsaeng was sitting beside him on the passenger seat. He doesn't want to scare her more. He regrets saying those words earlier. Just the mere sight of that er pisses the hell off of him.

And he saw Lisa. . He should have been more careful. Two years of hiding her from them now have gone to waste.

Lisa stopped fiddling with her fingers and decided to look up. "Oppa? Where are we going?" This wasn't the way towards Seoul, they're still in Byeoljari, she's sure. "I thought you've already talked with Appa and you came to fetch me so we could go home together," she said furrowing her eyebrows.

Jackson sighed, "after what happened, we both know we wouldn't just forgive each other that fast Liz." He reached for his sister's hand and squeezed it. "Don't worry, Oppa just missed you. Let's have dinner okay? Just the two of us this time," he grinned - the familiar one she's used with.

"B-but Appa and Eomma--"

"They've seen you last month, I haven't seen you for  two months now. Please Wangbi?" he pouted, effectively making her laugh.

"Fine. I missed you Oppa, you never told me where you were or what was making you so busy you forgot about your sister. I was worried," she whispered.

The car came to a stop and before Lisa could take a peek outside, he felt her brother kiss the top of her head. "I know, big bro's sorry okay? I'm sorry Wangbi, for making you worry and not contacting you. Just remember that the thing that matters the most for me is your safety and I'll do anything to protect you."

• • •

The night was full of laughter and amusing stories courtesy of her brother's exciting life. He talked about everything she missed for the last two months and Lisa continued to attentively listen. It's not like she has stories like his - again, her life is boring. They were currently inside a quaint Italian restaurant and not-so far from them was the sea. The view from the place was really beautiful. Now she knew why her Oppa chose to drive half an hour just for them to dine here, instead of the ones in the county proper which is relatively near her school. It was worth it.

After an hour and a half, they decided to leave. When Jackson excuse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter