Chapter 6

Let Just Be Happy

(Jessica POV)

We are still holding hands while we walk along the sea shore. It is silent but a comfortable one. I was straight yesterday, now, I guessed, I was no longer. If not for many people also strolling around, I would be kissing Yuri, I like kissing her a lot. I am seeing rainbows and unicorns every time I would kiss her. There is a fluttery feeling like butterflies inside my stomach. It gives me excitement and high feeling. I am so addictive with her, though we have kissed twice only.

 

“Are we together now?” I asked her, tighten my held on her.

 

“What do you think?” she asked back.

 

“You are mine. Mine alone.” I insisted with conviction on my voice.

 

“Then, I am yours. Yours alone”, she simply replied back. I stop her from walking, I face and hug her tight. She hugs and gave caressed on my back. I could feel she was smiling.

 

“You know I do care for you, a lot and I hope you know that. If this is love, the feeling is amazing, but I would not deny that it is also scary. I am not very sure how I or we will handle this kind of relationship. Personally, I have no prior experience of handling same gender relationship. And, I believe it applies the same to you. Am I right?” she asked me after her long speech. I tighten my hug on her and nodded my head on her.

 

“Let’s take it slow. Let’s not pressure ourselves on what we are supposed to do or to be. Let’s just enjoy on what we have now. Let just be happy and rest assured, I am not going anywhere. I am just here, oki”, she sweetly enlightened me and I nodded again. I let her go and look into her eyes. Her eyes twinkle. I could not help but press my lips on her. I felt that she got surprised on my action, but I could not help it. I move my lips, and so she does but she made it quick and hug me instead.

 

“As much I enjoy our kisses, not here, my princess, not here”, she whispered on my ears. I blushed hard on her comment, and so with her sudden endearment for me.

 

“Yes, Seobang, but be prepared later”, I teasingly replied back and I felt she stiffened and giggled with my endearment for her.

 

“Thank you, Seobang”, I added as I tighten my hug on her.

 

“Thank you too. Your kisses were really amazing”, she teasingly replied back. She untangled her hugs on me and held my hand instead. We started walking again along the shore. I gave her a little punch on her arms but she just laugh it off. Do I love her? Does she loves me? What will be our future? These questions lingered suddenly inside my head but as soon as it entered, it leaves immediately as soon as I saw her smile brightly on me. She is right, we just have to enjoy what we have now. I am happy. She is happy. That’s what important.

 

“Woohh, for the love of food, what are you guys doing?” Sooyoung entered our cottage and looking surprised seeing us kissing passionately. We stopped and got embarrassed as were on the couch, and I was sitting on my Seobang’s lap.

 

“I knocked twice but none answering, I entered ‘coz I heard movement inside, I thought there might be a burglar”, she quickly defended herself and turn around.

 

“Why you came, Soo?” Yuri asked casually as if nothing happen. I was about to get off her lap but she restrained me. I looked on her with questioning eyes. She just quickly pecked my lips and held me tight.

 

“Ahh, yeah, right. We want to try banana boat. Taeyeon tasked me to fetch you guys”, she said and looked at me, “I am sorry, Jess, about last night.” She sincerely added. I got off Yuri and approached Sooyoung.

 

“I am sorry too”, I said and hugged her. She hugged me back. We did not need too many excuses or explanation. We just understood immediately. We went out and looked for our friends. We found them from afar, waiting on the shore, some were settling already on the banana boat.

 

“You guys just got together this morning?” Sooyoung carefully and casually asked us, while we walked to our friends. “You know, $200, Taeyeon”, she was fidgeting and I laughed at her.

 

“Thank you, Soo, for the 7-minute-in-heaven”, I sincerely answered her. Sooyoung looked up on me with surprised face.

 

“You guys did it inside the closet”, she fervently concluded. “My $200, haisstt, you guys are so slow in your relationship”, she frustratingly added. Yuri and I just laughed at her.

 

The day after tomorrow would be my Seobang’s birthday. She requested me to clear my schedule on that day and I asked her why and pretended that I did not know that it’s her birthday. We will go camping as per her. So, she was planning to go camping on her birthday and I still have no idea what should I give her, I wanted to surprise her. I actually bought her a lot of gifts already. I have wrapped and kept them inside my luggage, so she won’t notice or see. But, I am not satisfied. Gifts are common. I was raking my brain for days already and I have not come up with any decent idea.

 

I went to our room and laid back on bed. My body and mind needed some good rest. My accounting duties, plus designs and Yuri’s up-coming birthday were giving me headache and stress these past few days. I heard Christmas song being played from the neighborhood. It would be our first Christmas together. I am excited. But, I have to think my Seobang’s birthday first.

 

(Yuri POV)

I woke up feeling empty as my Princess was still not in bed. It was past mid-night. ‘Happy Birthday to me’, as I thought and smile. I got up and went out of the room. I smiled widely and feeling very giddy instantly. The living room was decorated. There’s a huge and tall Mickey Mouse with Christmas light around. The wall was decorated with balloons and lights too, and have “Happy 25th Birthday, My Kwon Seobang” banner. Below were lots of gifts. I saw Sica slept in sitting position on the floor, leaning on the couch side. She really has talent in sleeping while sitting. Her hands have party poppers. Sprawled on floor were two party Mickey and Minnie Mouse hats, tapes, scissors, etc. I looked again on Mickey Mouse and saw small ‘Mickey & Minnie Mouse’ stools.

 

I got curious again on the gifts so I picked up a random gift. It was numbered with #8 and was addressed to me. It was very tempting to open the gift but I held back. I return the gift to its place. My Sica-baby could be very cute when she wanted to. I tried to finish her surprise for me. When everything was set, I woke her up. She lazily opened her eyes and later widely eyed me. I was wearing the ‘Mickey’ hat, while she wore the ‘Minnie’.

 

“Happy Birthday to me”, I jokingly greeted myself. Then, popped up, the confetti showered us. I smiled to her but she frowned and teared up.

 

“Happy Birthday, my Seobang”, she launched herself to me, “I’m so sorry. I fell asleep”, she finally cried and hugged me tighter.

 

“I am deeply surprised. Really. Thank you, my Princess”, I earnestly told her while caressed and sweetly cooed her. I cupped her face and kissed her hard. We engaged for a passionate long kiss.

 

“Best birthday surprise ever, so far. So, start preparing for next year. It should be better”, I added after the heated kiss. She intently looked at me and finally she smile. She turn on the tv and there, a presentation of our random pictures of our outings: dining in a restaurant, playing at amusement park, horse-back riding, camping, swimming, even the lazing on the couch, etc. I realized that for less than a year, we have done so many things together. The background music was a piano accompaniment of happy birthday song. She sat me on ‘Mickey’ stool, while she got the cake and wine then sat beside me. Then, she sang me happy birthday. I make a wish after and blew my cake’s candle.

 

‘Thank you for another year and I am happy that my Princess Sica is with me on this special day. I wished us to be happy together and always’, I silently muttered my wish.

 

While, we were eating, I got her attention and pointed on the gifts. She smiled at me and told me that the gifts were all mine. She coincidentally picked up the same gift that I had checked earlier and handed to me.

 

“There are 25 gifts, I have numbered them, but since you slept late last night, I was in a hurry to arrange everything. I could not properly set them. So, just randomly open them. Okay”, she explained and blamed me at the same time. But, kissed me as I reached the gift from her. “Just you know, the gifts are all yours, I personally wrapped them all”, as she settled beside me. I opened it, and found two ‘Mickey and Minnie’ apron, black and pink. Very cute. A small card was also inside and so I read,

 

“My Dearest Seobang, Thank you for making me breakfast every day. As birthday gift #9, I will grant you 9 cooking services from me. I will cook for you, just let me know what do you want and when. I will serve you well. Mwahh”, I finished reading out loud.

 

“You can cook?” I looked at her at the same time thinking. I could not remember that she cooked any meal. It has been me and I do not mind.

 

“Well, since I have to cook for you, I enrolled in cooking class, just a quick crash course, just the basic”, she proudly claimed.

 

“You still got time to attend cooking class?” I doubted and questioned her.

 

“Of course, if it is for you, I will find time”, she casually said. I felt so touched with her sweetness overload that I immediately set aside the gift and the wine she was holding, and put on the center table. I moved her to sit her on my lap, and instantaneously devoured her lips hungrily. And, extended dessert was well serve.

 

“I love you, Jessica Jung Sooyeon”, I sincerely uttered to her while panting hard due to lack of oxygen. It was unexpected love confession. We have not say the magic 3 words to each other yet. But, somehow, due to overflowing feeling I have at the moment. I burst my feeling for her.

 

“I know. I love you too, Kwon Yuri”, she replied and kissed me after her love confession too. I know, we both cared each other, more than cared that we love each other comfortably. I suddenly seeing myself growing old with her.