Handsome Stalker

Me And The Girl Next Door

"Chun?"

 

From the kitchen, Chun could see his wife peeking by the door. "Baobei! Come in." he said. Ella smiled as he she got inside the house. "Are you busy?" she asked. Chun shook his head. "I just finished what I'm cooking. Why?" he asked. "I need to ask you a favor..." she said. Chun nodded his head. "Sure, what is it?" he asked. "Can you bake me a cake? I'd like to give my friend the tastiest cake I could find. And only you can make that." she said. 

 

Chun gave her a suspicious look. "And who is this friend you're talking about? Do I know this friend?" he asked. Ella shook her head. "You don't know this friend." she answered. Chun folded his arms as he looked sternly at her. "Ms. Piggy..."

 

Ella folded her arms as she raised an eyebrow at him. "Chicken face, didn't we agree that you're going to give me space? Just don't ask me a lot of questions, all right? Now, will you bake me a cake, or should I find someone else to do that for me?" she asked. He know his pride in on the line. Of course, he won't let Ella find someone to bake her a cake. 

 

"All right, I bake you a cake. What kind of cake?" he asked. "Rainbow cake. But make it in pastel colors." Ella answered it. "When do you need it?" Chun asked again. "Tomorrow morning." Ella told him. Chun let out a sigh. "All right, you'll have your pastel-colored rainbow cake tomorrow." Chun told him. Ella smiled excitedly, and then hugged him. "Thank you, Chun!" she said. 

 

Chun was surprised with that hug, but he was happy. It's been a long time, since he had her in his arms. "You're welcome. But, really, you should thank me after you get the cake tomorrow." he told her as he put his arm around her. 

 

When Ella realized she's getting comfortable hugging him, she decided to break their hug. "W-well, then I... I'll come back tomorrow for the cake." she said. Chun smiled at her. "And please, Chun. make it really delicious because this friend is really special to me, all right?" Ella told him. "I will don't worry." he told her. 

 

Chun watched as Ella leave the house. He smiled to himself, as he watched her leave. "Awww... how sweet..." he heard someone say. He looked back, and saw Wes smiling at him, doing a cutesy pose. Chun just laughed at him. "You know, Chun ge, I really think pretty soon, you and Ella jie will be back together again." Wes told him. "Well, I really hope so. I think our situation now is better than our situation months ago." he told him. 

 

Then, he let out a sigh. "But I wonder who that special friend is?" Chun said. "Do you think Ella jie is seeing someone?" Wes asked. Chun furrowed his brow as he looked at the door. "That Ms. Piggy shouldn't date someone behind my back. After all, she's still married to me." Chun told him. 

 

Wes let out a laugh. Seeing Chun this jealous is really funny. "I wonder how you were when you were still pretend boyfriend and girlfriend. Do you get this jealous easily?" he asked. Then, Chun looked at him. "Don't you get jealous when Sylvia is with other guys?" he retaliated. Wes could only glare at the older guy. 

 

"Anyway, I need to buy some things for the cake. You want to go with me?" Chun asked him. Wes nodded his head. "Sure!" Wes told him. "Great! Then I can teach you later how to bake a cake, so that you can bake Sylvia something sweet. All right?" Chun told him. Wes smiled, and gave him a thumbs up. "Chun ge, you're the best!" Wes told him. 

 

--

 

"Awwww this cake is so cute! I feel like I don't want to eat it!"

 

Sylvia gushed at the rainbow cake that Chun made. Then, she felt Wes hit her forehead with his finger. "Silly girl. It's not for you. It's for Ella jie." Wes said. Sylvia gave him a confused look. "Why, is it Ella jie's birthday?" Sylvia asked. 

 

Upon hearing Sylvia's question, Chun paused. "How could I forget? Ella's birthday will be in a few days..." he thought. "No. It's for her friend." Wes said. Then, he looked at Chun, and smiled playfully. "Her very special friend." he teased Chun. 

 

Chun let out an evil smile. "Sylvia, do you want to go out on a date? Because I know someone who would want to go out on a date with you." Chun said as he glanced at Wes. "Beat that, Wes." he thought. Wes could feel a vein popping out of his forehead. "Who is it?" Sylvia asked out of curiosity. Chun smiled evilly. "It's -"

 

Before Chun could say a word, Wes interrupted him. "Nothing. It's nothing. Chun ge is just kidding." Wes said as he laughed nervously. Sylvia simply smiled at him. "It's all right. I'm just curious. Besides, I don't think I'm ready to go on dates yet." Sylvia said. "Oh..." Wes said as the smile on his face slowly faded. "Ouch..." Chun muttered. He gave the younger guy a pity look. 

 

Then, Ella came inside the house. "Chun, is the cake ready?" she asked him. All three of them pointed at the rainbow cake on the table. Ella looked at the cake on the table, and smiled. "Oh my God, it's so cute!" Ella gushed as she walked towards the cake. "I'm pretty sure my friend will like this." she added. 

 

Chun let out a smile. He's happy that his hard work paid off, and that his wife loved the cake. "Then, do you want me to put it in a box now?" Chun asked. Ella looked at him. She smiled, and nodded her head. "Yes, please!" she said. Chun went to the kitchen, and took a cake box. Then, he went back, and put the cake inside the box. He tied a ribbon on it, and then handed the box to Ella. "Here you go. Make sure to handle the cake with care, all right?" Chun said. Ella nodded her head. "Thank you for doing this favor for me, Chun. I'm pretty sure my friend will love this." she said. "As long as you're happy." he said. Ella smiled at him. Both of them stood silently as they looked at each other. "I... I have to go..." Ella said. "Then, take care, all right?" Chun told her. Ella nodded her head. 

 

"You two still love each other..." Sylvia said after Ella left.  "Love never left." Chun told her sadly. "It's just that Ella needs space for now, and I'm giving what she wants." he added. "Anyway, I have to go too. I'm meeting up Diana and Sunnee for our assignment." Sylvia said. "Then, take care too, all right?" Wes told her. Sylvia smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

Chun and Wes were left alone at the house. "Aren't you going to follow Sylvia?" Chun asked him. "You heard her answer. She's not ready to date." Wes told him. "She's not ready to date for now. How about in the future?" Chun said as he smiled. Wes just let out a sigh. 

 

"I'm really curious who Ella jie's friend is..." Wes said. "Me too..." Chun said as he folded his arms. Ella's friend has been bothering him for so long, and he wants to found out who this friend is. Then, an idea hit him. He looked at Wes. "Hey, you got anything to do today?" he asked him. Wes shook his head. "No, why?" he asked. 

 

Chun looked at the door, and smirked. "Let's go and follow Ella." he told her. 

 

--

 

Chun and Wes found themselves following Ella in a shopping district. They saw her buy a bunch of flowers from a flower stand, and then she went around to look at the things being sold in the area. "Is she going to buy a gift?" Wes asked. "I don't know." Chun told him. "But, why the flowers? Maybe the special friend is a girl?" Wes asked again. Chun shrugged his shoulders.

 

They saw Ella stop at one of the stores. She went inside, and took her time inside the store. Wes and Chun hid from behind a post just near the store where Ella is, and waited for her come out. After a while, she went out of the store with a gift bag on her hand. The two came out of hiding, and took a look at a store. "Dress shop?" Wes asked. Both of them looked at each other with puzzled expression. "Let's go, or we're going to lose Ella." Chun told him. 

 

After a while, they saw Ella stopped by another store. This time, they saw that she entered a toy store. Chun and Wes, who are still trying to hide from Ella, began to wonder why would Ella go inside the toy store. "Why is she here?" Chun asked. "Is Ella jie having a second childhood?" Wes asked. Chun looked at him, and raised an eyebrow at him. 

 

Ella left the toy store, and the two followed her again. This time, Ella hailed a taxi. After she got inside the taxi, Chun and Wes hailed a cab and followed her. "Follow that cab in front of us." Chun instructed the driver. As they went on their way, Chun noticed something. "This road seems familiar..." Chun thought. Then, the cab stopped at a familiar place. 

 

Wes looked outside, and saw the name of the place. "St. Cecilia Hospice?" he read out loud. Chun knew what this place was. This was the orphanage that he and Ella went to the other day. "Why is she here?" Chun thought. After they paid the drive, the two of them got out of the cab, and went inside to find Ella. 

 

--

 

At the orphanage's garden. 

 

"Happy birthday, Stephy!" Ella said after she lighted up the candle on the cake. Stephy's eyes widened as she could not believe how pretty her birthday cake is. "Wow, Miss Ella, is this really for me?" she asked. Ella nodded her head. "Now, make a wish, all right?" she said. Stephy nodded her head. She closed her eyes and clasped her hand, then she made a wish before blowing her cake. 

 

"What did you wish for?" Ella asked her. "I wish I can have a family..." Stephy said. Ella looked at her, and smiled. She wanted to give Stephy her wish, but she doesn't know how. "Oh, by the way, I have a gift for you!" Ella said. She took out her gift and gave it to Stephy. "Thank you so much, Miss Ella. You gave me cake today, and flowers, and a new dress, and I also have another gift. Thank you so much!" Stephy said with a smile. 

 

Ella watched as Stephy opened her gift. She was surprised and happy upon seeing a teddy bear. "A teddy bear! Thank you, Miss Ella. Is it OK if I call this teddy bear Ella too?" Stephy said. Ella nodded her head. 

 

Meanwhile, Chun and Wes went to the garden, and there they both saw Ella with a little girl beside her. Chun realized what the cake is for, and who that special friend is. "It's Stephy..." he said as he smiled. Wes gave him a confused look. "Huh? Who is Stephy? Is that the little girl beside Ella jie?" Wes asked. Chun smiled and nodded her head. 

 

"So, it means the whole time, Ella is visiting the orphanage?" Wes asked. Chun nodded again. "Seems like it." he said. As he watched Stephy and Ella, he let out a smile. They looked more like mother and daughter than friends. And he knew, Ella would be the perfect mother for Stephy.  "I wish I could do something to keep that smile always on her lips." Chun said. 

 

Then, he let out a sigh as he turned to Wes. "Let's go. Let's leave Ella to celebrate alone with Stephy." he told him. Wes nodded his head, and then followed Chun to the exit. 

 

"I have another wish, Miss Ella." Stephy told Ella. "What is it?" Ella asked her. "I wish you and your husband will always be happy." Stephy said. Ella paused for a while as she looked at Stephy. "Thank you for your wish, Stephy." Ella said as she kissed the little girl on the forehead. 

 

--

 

Wayne was at the library, when she walked at one of the aisle, and saw Diana trying to reach something from the top. Curious, Wayne approached her. "Hey, need help?" he asked. Diana looked at him. She gave him puppy eyes as she clasped her hands. "Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?" she pleaded. Wayne smiled at her. "Of course, I'll help you. Which book are you trying to get?" he asked. Diana pointed at the white book on top of the shelf. "That one!" she said. 

 

Wayne tiptoed to reach the book. As he took the book, he didn't realized he knocked down the other books beside it. "Here you go." he said as he handed her the book. Diana gave him a smile. "Thank you, Wayne." she said. As Diana looked up at the bookshelf, she noticed that the books were about to fall. "Xiao Jin, look out!" Diana said. Wayne looked back, and saw the books falling. The first thing he did was to protect Diana. 

 

He immediately hugged Diana, and then pushed her to the other side. The books fell on his back. It was painful, but he endured the pain just to protect her. As his body pressed against her, Diana looked up at him. She felt happy that Wayne protected her. She smiled secret as she stayed in his arms.

 

"Are you all right?" Wayne asked as he looked at her worriedly. Diana nodded her head. As he looked into her eyes, he couldn't help but gaze at her. He didn't know it, but his face started to inch towards her. Diana could feel her own heart beating as Wayne gets closer to her. 

 

A lot of things are going through her head as he gazed at her. "Is he going to kiss me?" she thought. Then, he leaned his forehead to hers. "He is going to kiss me!" she thought as she closed her eyes. "It hurts... ouch..." Wayne flinched in pain. Diana immediately opened her eyes, and saw him flinching in pain. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry, Xiao Jin..." Diana apologized. He rubbed his nape, and smiled awkwardly. "It's all right. As long as you weren't hurt. Because I won't forgive myself if something happened to you." he told her. 

 

The truth is, Wayne just made being hurt as an excuse. Being that close to him made him want to want more. Gazing at Diana made him want to kiss her. He had to come to his senses before he could do something to ruin their friendship. 

 

"Diana?" They looked at the end of the aisle, and saw Sylvia looking at them. "Oh, Wayne is here. Is everything all right? I heard something big falling." Sylvia said in a worried tone. "We're... we're all right..." Wayne said as he let go of Diana. Pink tint appeared on his cheeks. He can't believe Sylvia would catch them in that way. "Some books fell on Wayne after he helped me get the book we need." Diana explained. "Oh, all right. Then you should be careful next time." Sylvia said. 

 

Diana looked down as she nodded her head. Sylvia looked at Wayne, and smiled at him. His cheek became redder seeing Sylvia smiling meaningfully at him. "I... I have to go. Good luck on your assignment." Wayne said as he scratched his head. "Don't you want to stay a little bit longer?" Sylvia asked. Then, she winked at him. Wayne made a face at her, and Sylvia could only laugh. 

 

--

 

Wes looked at Chun, who was quietly sitting by the window Since they came home, he has been quiet. "Chun ge, is there anything wrong?" he asked. Chun looked at him, and let out a smile. "There's a lot of things going on my mind right now, Wes."

"Like what?"

"Ella's birthday."

 

Chun let out a sigh. "It will be days from now. We used to celebrate it together, but now... I don't know. I want to be with her on that special day." he explained. "Then, why don't you just bake her a cake on her birthday?" Wes suggested. "That's what I'm planning to do, but I don't know... I really want to be with her on that day."

"What else are you thinking."

"Stephy."

"Ella jie's little friend?"

 

Chun nodded his head. Then, he let out a smile. "I've never seen Ella that happy since we lost our child. I was thinking, would she be open to the idea of us adopting her?" Chun said. "Why not?" Wes said. "Well, what if she doesn't? She's so keen of having our own child before." he explained. "Then, maybe the two of you can talk about it, as husband and wife. That kind of decision is important. You can't decide just on your own, right?" Wes said. Chun nodded his head. 

 

--

 

"Mrs. Wu?"

 

Ella looked back at the elderly nun approaching her. She gave her a warm smile. "Sister Clarisse..." she called. The elderly nun smiled back at her. "Have you made your decision about Stephy?" she asked. 

 

She looked back at Stephy, who was playing with her friends. "Yes." she answered. Then, she looked at the elderly nun again. "Yes, I have made my decision." she said. 

 

--