Attitude

Two Identity, One heart

Baekhyun’s POV

“Yah, why are you so grumpy today” Chanyeol nudged me during our dinner.

“No idea” I said and he groaned, “Stop being an Baek, you and Sehun almost ruined our gathering again”

“Say that to Oh Sehun too” I muttered and they sighed. “Until when are you guys going to continue being like this?” Chen nagged and I frowned. Why are they blaming everything on me right now? “Until he stopped being an ” I retaliate.

“Dude, you started it just now” Yeol spat and I rolled my eyes, “It’s because he was lying!” I chided. ”Lied about what?” Kai asked and I pulled my hair in frustration, “He was helping Chaeyeon to cover up the truth!” I said and they all let out a frustrated sigh while Kai is bewildered, can’t get a hang on what we’re talking about.

“Baekhyun, truth or not, don’t you think you’ve gone too far?” Chanyeol asked and I looked at him, dumbfounded, “What did I do?” I asked, confused. He sighed and looked at me, straight in the eye.

“Chaeyeon or Chaeyoung, does it even matter? Whoever she is, don’t you think you owe them serious apology? Shouldn’t you work hard to gain their forgiveness? You hurt Chaeyeon, so much that I’ve even considered to left you rot on the street. And if she really is Chaeyoung……” he frowned and I looked at him, want him to finish his sentence.

“Then you are the cause of her sister’s death” he finished and I felt my heart stopped beating for a second. No way.. I don’t believe it.. “Y-Yeol” I held his arm and my vision turned blurry. “Yah Baekhyun!” he held my arm as they panicked, “Calm down Baek! We don’t know the truth yet!!” Chen shouted and that seriously woke me up from my thoughts. “W-what should I do?” I stuttered and Chanyeol gripped my hand, trying to give me support. They stay silent for some time until I calmed down.

“Hyung….” Kai broke the silence and all of us looked at him, “So you’re saying.. Chaeyoung is Chaeyeon?” he asked and we nodded. “But why?” he asked and I sighed. That’s what I want to know too. I’d rather she came back, yelled at me, hit me, curse me, than pretending as another person. It hurts. “That’s what we’re trying to find out too.. we’re not sure who is she either” D.O said and Kai nodded. “Hyung… do you still love her?” Kai asked and I nod furiously, “Of course I do!” I exclaimed and they laughed.

I knew what I did 2 years back is unforgivable, but I’ve seriously learned my lesson. After she disappeared, my world collapsed. I noticed how idiot am I to let go of her. I can’t live a single day without her. The thought of someone touching her before me pushed me to the stupidest decision I’ve ever made in my life. I gave that guy a hard lesson he would never forget in his life after I found out the truth. After we broke up, I would spend my days walking around the school, hoping to take a glance of her, but I’m a coward. My pride prevents me from begging her to come back to me.

How she was dependent on Sehun after we broke up added fuel to my jealousy. I know it was ridiculous, but she could just come to me, and explain to me, and I would give up everything for her, but she choose to distant herself from me. I knew it was my fault, and I noticed we were both too young to control our emotions. But I swear things were different now, I could give up my life for her without a sec of hesitation. But I just screw up my chances of reconciling with her thanks to my jealousy just now. She is too precious for me and I can’t stand seeing her close with any other guys, even if they’re my close friends.

“I’m sorry guys” I muttered and they looked at me confused, “I know I was behaving like an today. I was jealous because she wouldn’t talk to me at all but she would smile and talk to Yeol and you guys. I’m sorry, Yeol” I hung my head low, ashamed of myself. He pat my head and grinned, “I’m too charming, I understand” he said, making all of us laugh. “Any idea how to make her talk to me?” I asked for their opinions.

“I don’t think she is that hard to crack. In fact, I think she is very soft hearted like Yeon. Her personality might be more aggressive and much more unmannerly compared to Yeon, but I think I’m more comfortable with her compared to Chaeyeon. You don’t have to always be cautious with her, she is blunt” Yeol commented and I nodded. Somehow, my bestie is good in analyzing people as usual. “Maybe you should approach her in a soft manner” Chen suggested

“Soft? Like how?” I asked, unsure of what he meant. “Dude, all I see from past two days is you keep pestering her, possessive over her, dragging her here and there. So gentleman” he said. Okay. Sarcasm noted. “Bad boy doesn’t work well these days hyung, unless you’re y like me” Kai smirked and I rolled my eyes. So I need to be gentle?

They laughed at my confused face, “Yah! Just be sweet to her! Know your limit, she will open up to you soon!” Yeol smacked my head. Really? I nodded, taking note in my mind. “And control you idiotic jealousy, don’t make a fool of yourself, will you?” Chen nagged and I pouted. It’s hard okay. How can I not get jealous when she practically ignored me and talked to everyone.

“I know. I’ll try”