Jealousy

Two Identity, One heart

Chaeyeon’s POV

“Well, I heard worst from Jihoon oppa” I replied after I calmed down, trying to be nonchalant about it. “So you think a sorry will bring my sister back to life?” I said and saw tears in his eyes. Don’t you think it’s too late to cry now? “Y-yeon-ah, don’t be like this” he stuttered. “Look, Byun, you are being delusional. Your guilty conscience is consuming you, and you are forcing yourself trying to believe that I am my sister. She is dead, you are the one to be blamed. Stop pushing your own problem into me. You feel miserable? Serves you right, drown in your guilt forever” I spat and left. I can’t afford to be soft hearted after seeing his tears. Not after what I’ve been through.

I sat down under a tree beside the campus field after leaving him alone. “Chaeyoung-ah!!!” I heard someone shouting my name. Chanyeol is waving while running towards me. He was panting hard when hereached me, but still smiling brightly. As usual, the happy virus. “Have you seen Baek?” he asked and I shrugged, “No idea”. He pouted and sat down beside me, “That stunt just now in the cafeteria was great!! That was going hysteric!!” he exclaimed. “She deserved it” I laughed. “Do you wanna join us for karaoke later? I have another two friends to be introduced to you!”

How can he be so hyped all the time? “No” I declined and he frowned, “Whyyyyyyyyy, I thought we were friends!!”

Were we?

“Dude, I just know you like, yesterday?” I said and he grinned, “But it feels like I’ve known you forever!!! Chaeyeon or Chaeyoung, they are the same to me! Your sister used to be very close to me! trust me!!” he said and I feel touched. We used to be close friends joking and hitting each other around. He was the one who saved me from those bullies. He was the one keep defending me, with Sehun, even after I broke up with Baek. I sighed, feeling guilty for lying to him and rejecting him when he was so sincere to be friends with me. “Fine, I’ll go” I said and he brightened up, “Really?! Oh my god Sehun and Kai are going to go berserk when they see you!!” he said and I laughed. Yeah. I bet they will. Especially my best friend since we were 10, Oh Sehun.

The rest of the day passed by quite peacefully since Byun Baekhyun seems to avoid me after lunch. I quickly text Jihoon oppa after the class ended,

To : Jihoonie

Oppa, I’m hanging out with my friends after this, you don’t have to fetch me after class.

Within 1 minute, I received a reply,

From : Jihoonie

Who?

I chuckled at his question, protective as ever.

To : Jihoonie

Chanyeol

From : Jihoonie

Chanyeol only?

To : Jihoonie

And the gang. STOP ASKING

From : Jihoonie

Where are you guys going?

I rolled my eyes at his reply

To : Jihoonie

Karaoke. Stop asking I’m not replying you anymore dude

From : Jihoonie

I am worried okay? You sure you wanna go?

To : Jihoonie

Yes. Don’t worry oppa, Sehun will be there

From : Jihoonie

Oh, okay then. Be careful.

To : Jihoonie

See you later. Love you

From : Jihoonie

Love you too, MUACKSSS

I laughed at his reply. After that incident two years ago, we’ve been honest in expressing our sibling love for each other. He said he don’t want to have any regrets if anything were to happen to any of us. I guess he was really traumatized when I was hospitalized. “Hey, let’s go!!” Chanyeol suddenly appeared beside me together with D.O, Chen and him. Yeol slung his arm around me and he was looking at me with an unpleasant face. What? So now I’m unwanted after you apologized?

“Are you sure you want to invite me?” I asked again for confirmation and Chanyeol nodded enthusiastically. I looked at D.O and Chen for their confirmation and they just smiled and nod. “Since only Baek drives here, you will follow him, while the rest of us go with our own motorbike” D.O said and I’m regretting my decision already. “Can I just ride your bike with you?” I said looking at Chanyeol and he grinned, “SU-“

“No” Baekhyun cut him off.

“That’s not for you to decide” I glared at him and he frowned, “No. That’s final, or you are not going with us”

“Bu-“

“Chanyeol drives like a mad dog and I’m not risking your life with him” he cut me off and I hissed, “My life is not of your business isn’t it?”

“Hey hey calm down” Chen interrupt us before he manage to reply me. “Erm, I’m sorry Young-ah, but I think you should follow Baek. I almost crashed into the light pole this morning.. Please?” he looked at me and I sighed, “And no you can’t withdraw now, you agreed to go with me!” Chanyeol added giving me headache. “Fine” I said and they smiled, except for that jerk who is smirking at me right now. “Now leggo!!!!” Chanyeol shouted excitedly. I sighed and tag behind that jerk. He opened the passenger seat, raising his brows looking at me while I scoffed, “I can open it myself” I said and entered. The rest of the drive was silent because I forced myself to look at the ‘interesting’ scenery outside.

“So, you were close to Chanyeol huh?” he suddenly breaking the silence and I looked at him confused,”Huh?”

“I didn’t know you were close to Chanyeol, after knowing him just for 2 days” he said in an unpleasant tone and I furrowed my brows. What is his problem? “Yeah. So what?” I asked and saw him tightened his grip on the steering. “Don’t get too close with him” he said and I ignored him, continue staring outside. We reached the place and I quickly get off the car before he even shut it off. I saw the three of them and quickly jogged towards the, “Oh, you’re here!” Chanyeol waved and I quickly went to stand beside him. He glared at me once he reached and I ignored him.  “Let’s go, the two kids already booked a room for us!” Chen said and we walked together to who knows which room. I’m nervous as this will be my first time seeing Sehun after leaving him without any news for two years. Oh my god I just jumped directly into my own grave. Knowing Sehun, he wouldn’t let me off the hook.

“We’re here!!!!” Chanyeol announced and I can feel my hands trembling. Oh my god oh my god. I slightly hide behind Chanyeol. “Hyung!!” I heard Kai. “We brought a new friend here!!!” Chen said and pulled me forward. “Chaeyeon?!” Kai exclaimed and I felt Sehun staring at me already. Oh my god. “No! It’s Chaeyoung!” Chanyeol laughed and I forced a smile while nodding, avoiding Sehun’s eyes. “Chae…young?” Kai asked and I nodded.

“Who is Chaeyoung?” Kai asked again and I swear he look so cute when he is confused. “I’m Chaeyeon’s twin” I introduced myself. “TWIN?!” he shouted and I feel Sehun walking towards me, his hard glare didn’t went unnoticed by me. “Chaeyoung?” he asked and towered me, looking down at me. “Y-Yes” I stuttered and look up at him. I knew I screwed up from his look. He is not buying this at all.

“Hey, you are scaring her!” Chanyeol pushed Sehun away and I breathed out. “You didn’t know Chaeyeon has twin? I thought you guys were childhood friends?” Chen asked and I can feel two people staring at me intensely. Sehun and Baekhyun. “Yeah, I knew” he said and I looked up to him immediately. Wait. What? He glanced at me and walked back to his seat.