Chapter Five

A Spoonful of Sugar

A/N: ANOTHER UPDATE???? Two stories in one day? It's more likely than you think :0

---

The first thing Hanbin did when he got back to his apartment was storm into Junhoe’s room and flop down onto his bed. Junhoe, sitting in a desk chair that looked like it cost as much as Hanbin’s textbooks, swung around to look at him. “If I didn’t know better, I’d say the date went terribly,” Junhoe said judgmentally. 

Hanbin groaned into the mattress. He kicked his feet around and whined until Junhoe threw a pencil at his head.  

Junhoe sighed, “I guess I have to do my obligatory best friend duties.” Hanbin felt a weight sink down next to him and Junhoe gently patted his back. “What’s wrong? Do I need to judo Bobby?” 

“No,” Hanbin said, turning his head to peek up at Junhoe miserably, “just my developing non-platonic feelings for him.” He watched his best friend freeze, then cough as he looked away.  

Hanbin rolled his eyes. “Just laugh like you want to, .” Junhoe cackled, taking far too much delight in this, Hanbin noted with narrowed eyes.  

After three minutes of Junhoe’s villianous laughter, Hanbin took his pillow and swung it at his ‘best friend’ with all his strength, knocking the giant off his bed with a loud yelp. “Okay!” Hanbin shouted after him, huffing indignantly. “Less teasing, more helping!”  

Junhoe groaned, crawling his way up next to Hanbin and pouting at him. “Why should I?” He sulked. “You’re being mean to me.” Hanbin hissed at him, waving his phone in Junhoe’s face. 

“I will not hesitate to send Donghyuck your pictures from middle school if you don’t.” Junhoe’s eyes widened comically and lunged with his arm outstretched. Hanbin tucked his phone under him and kicked at Junhoe until he gave up and settled down. 

“I literally hate that you’ve known me since we were kids,” his best friend wailed. “Donghyuck will laugh me out of his bed if he ever sees my middle school phase!” The tables were finally turned, with Hanbin smirking at him in triumph while Junhoe looked like his soul was leaving his body. 

Hanbin offered an ultimatum. “You help me, and I won’t show Donghyuck your emo and croc phases, .” Junhoe glared at him, but nodded. 

“Ugh, fine. What do you even need help with? I can’t magically make your feelings disappear.” Junhoe flipped his hair and stared at Hanbin expectantly. 

“Oh, I don't need you to do much. I just need you to be available every time I need an excuse to get away from Jiwon. And, on top of that, you have  to answer and come get me no matter what situation you’re in – including your dates with Donghyuk.” Junhoe’s face twisted up as Hanbin finished his sentence and he looked about to protest, so Hanbin simply held up his phone again. 

Junhoe shut his mouth with a scowl. “Fine. But I refuse to hide it from Donghyuk if you call me away from a date. I won’t have him thinking I don’t want to be with him anymore.” 

“I can agree with that,” Hanbin said, “just make sure he doesn’t let Jiwon in on this plan.” Junhoe nodded and they shook hands.  

“If that’s all,” Junhoe said, gesturing towards his door, “I need to do my daily call with Dong-ie now.” Hanbin fake gagged at his best friend’s lovesick expression, but willingly left to go back to his room. He ignored Junhoe’s giggles and looked down at his face, face paling at a call he must have missed from Jiwon while Junhoe and him were talking. 

Hanbin fumbled with his phone to text Jiwon back as he curled up in bed. 

Hanbin :  Hey! I was busy with Junhoe. Did you need something? 

Jiwon :  It’s not that important, I just wanted to know when you would be free for suit fitting. 

Hanbin  Suit fitting? 

Jiwon :  For the party! 

Jiwon :  You didn’t forget, did you? 

Hanbin :  Of course I didn’t! It was literally only an hour ago that we were talking about it! 

Jiwon :  Good ^_^ 

Hanbin squealed interally at the cute emoticon Jiwon sent him. How could someone built like a literal brick house be so adorable? It was so unfair, he felt like crying – which he would have done if Junhoe wouldn’t hear him and make fun of him for  days 

Another ping came from his phone and he looked down. 

Jiwon :  I would be sad if you did :(  

Hanbin :  Well, we can’t have that, now can we? 

Jiwon :  Nope~ 

Jiwon :  So? Choose a time and date and I’ll come pick you up 

Hanbin  I would reject you buying me a new suit, but there’s no way I would be able to get one that’s approprate unless I borrowed one of Junhoe’s - except he’s gigantic lol 

Jiwon :  I would reject your rejection ^_^ 

Hanbin :  Then I’ll have my schedule completely clear this Saturday. Your party’s on Sunday, right? 

Jiwon :  Yup! It’s at 5, so I’ll come around 4:40 and we can arrive fashionably late. 

Hanbin :  Aren’t you the star of the night? 

Jiwon :  I have a reputation to keep up~ 

Jiwon  See you Saturday, Bin-ie. 

Hanbin :  See you :)  

Hanbin sighed, letting his head fall back against his pillow and tossing his phone away from him. How was he supposed to get over Jiwon when he was so kind, handsome, and adorable? He kept hitting all of Hanbin’s buttons, some that he didn’t even know he had, and now Hanbin had to see him in a fitted suit? He might actually not survive this week. 

He yelled into the air. “JUNHOE!”  

“WHAT?” 

“CREMATE ME AND THROW ME INTO THE SEA.” 

“THAT WOULD CONTAMINATE THE OCEAN, . I’LL MAKE YOUR BODY INTO A VINYL OF MICHAEL JACKSON.”  

“UGH. FINE.” 

Well, at least he had a plan for his death. And Junhoe already knew his will to the smallest of details – everything would go to his family, and Junhoe would only get his phone and trash to destroy so his parents and Hanbyul would never know his shameful fanboying and erase all evidence of embarrassing times from elementary school to current time. 

Hanbin slowly rolled off his bed and crawled into the bathroom to shower. He ignored Junhoe looking at him pityingly and locked the door behind him. As he showered, he went over tonight and felt his heart still flutter remembering the date. 

Jiwon had been so kind to him... he’d never been treated like that by any of his past dates – and that only made it harder to not like Jiwon in every sense of the word. Hanbin leaned his head against the wet tile, feeling the hot water slide down his back. 

“How am I going to deal with this without getting my heart broken?” He whispered to himself.