deuxième

treat you better ; taekook

JUNGKOOK frowned, fingertips massaging his temples. He was incredibly stressed, and it didn't help that Taehyung was being very cold and distant.

Tapping away at his computer, Jungkook decided he'd officially had enough.

Seungwon was bad news-- he'd known that the second Taehyung has first mentioned him. Perhaps it was the fact Jungkook was hopelessly, irrevocably in love with Taehyung that made him biased, or perhaps Jungkook just had very good intuition.

"Mr Jeon," came a voice from the doorway of his office, "Mr Kim is waiting for you in the boardroom. Your father has also asked to organise a meeting."

Jungkook nodded, getting to his feet before buttoning up his jacket, "thank you Miss Park."

Namjoon smirked the instant he saw Jungkook's gloomy figure saunter into the room.

"I've got some good news, Kookie," spoke his friend, enthusiasm lacing his tone, "our reunion is next week."

Jungkook blanched, the colour draining from his face.

"Will Jimin be there?"

  Namjoon rubbed his shoulder before nodding his head.

"All of us. Yoongi, Hoseok, Seokjin," he winced, "Jimin, Yugyeom, Bammie, Jackson, Mark. Literally everyone from college."

"I really don't want to see Jimin. Not after how we left things. And I don't think Taehyung would want to go, so--"

"The only reason why Tae wouldn't go is because of his asshöle of a boyfriend," Namjoon spoke, his voice bitter. It was common knowledge that Seungwon was a horrible person, but it seemed that Taehyung was blindsided by his affection.

Jungkook was infuriated by the mere mention of Taehyung's boyfriend. Seungwon didn't know how to treat him properly and his personality was abysmal.

"I'll try coming, Namjoon. But please don't be disappointed if I can't, I have a huge workload," Jungkook really wasn't in the mood to argue with Namjoon, who'd inevitably win.

"Your dad makes you do so much even though it's an internship," the elder said, shaking his head, "I'm so worried for your health."

Jungkook felt his chest hurt a bit. Namjoon cared for him more than his own father.

"I've got to go, but hopefully I see you and Taetae next week," Namjoon patted Jungkook on the shoulder, shooting him a reassuring smile as he walked out, "take care!"

Jungkook's mind flickered over to when times were simpler. He and Taehyung has been in the same friendship group when they were in high school, and they'd both become even closer when they realised they were both going to the same college.

Regrettably, Jungkook hadn't taken his shot at being in a relationship with Taehyung out of fear. He didn't want to risk losing such a great friendship with someone so special.

Instead, he sat on the sidelines and watched as Taehyung fell in love and fell apart.

With an aching heart, Jungkook rested his head on his desk.

He hated knowing that he was the cause of Taehyung's misery.