Love and Studies.

Mamamoo One Shot Collection

It's been fourteen hours, nine cups of coffee, four protein bars, and several rollercoaster rides of desperation since Byulyi started her study session. She has just a few days left until the week of horror begins and the exams take place. And she is freaking out.

Although she hasn't done anything else than studying for the past couple of weeks, she still feels that it isn't enough, that she will certainly fail at least half of her classes.

And so she keeps going and reads the exact same sentence for the nth time because with her decreasing concentration, she can't really catch its content.

“Byulyi, dear.” Said girl winces at the sound of her name. She looks up to see the worried face of Yongsun. When did she arrive? Byulyi hasn't even noticed her presence.

“Don't give me a heart attack like that, eonni,” she remarks.

Yongsun just ignores her comment.

“Don't you think you should take a break?” she asks instead. “You've been at it for hours already. Plus the past weeks have been barely any different. I can't believe there's still anything left to study.”

“You know how important these exams are,” Byulyi argues.

“Yes, I know. But studying non-stop won't help you to pass them. If anything, it will make you go crazy before the exams even start and then, you'll fail. Being nervous is okay, but freaking out will get you nothing.”

“Eonni...”

“Don't even try it. You're gonna pack your things right now and go out to have proper dinner with me. No arguing. You can continue your studies tomorrow with a fresh start and a properly functioning brain!”

A little pout makes its way on her face.

“Besides, I'm missing my girlfriend,” Yongsun sheepishly admits.

Byulyi can't help but smile at the adorableness of her girlfriend. She always has a week spot for her, so it doesn't take much to push her bad conscience for neglecting her collegiate duties aside and to agree.

“Alright. Let's go out for dinner,” she replies and starts to pack her notes and textbooks. “Do you have a place in mind?”

“There's a a new restaurant down the street and the fish that's served there is said to be amazing,” Yongsun suggests happily, a big smile on her face because of the prospect to go on a date after seeing Byulyi only behind textbooks for the past weeks.

“Sure, let's see if the fish really is amazing,” Byulyi agrees cheekily and gets up from her chair, stretching her muscles. “But let me drop my bag at the dorm first. I don't want to bring my stuff with me and be constantly reminded of my studies.”

“Of course!”, Yongsun exclaims. She takes her girlfriend's hand and tugs her out of the library, excited and joyful to be able to spend some time with her again.

Byulyi smiles and lets the older pull her along. Seeing Yongsun so happy always makes her happy as well. And maybe, after taking a break and starting afresh tomorrow, she can catch the content of the stupid sentence by reading it only once.