Perfect to me.

Mamamoo One Shot Collection

Wheein was looking in the mirror. She turned, changed the angle, rearranged her clothes and her hair, but she couldn't manage to let the mirror show her something she liked. She was totally discontent with herself. How could anyone like her? How could her fans like her?

She sighed and winced just the moment after, as she heared the door falling shut. Trying to play it off, she acted as if she just examined the new dress she was wearing and looked at the newcomer through the mirror. It was Hyejin.

“It looks wonderful on you, really suits you,” the younger complimented and Wheein's heart skipped a beat. Even if she didn't find herself beautiful at all, neither in this dress nor in any other clothing, Hyejin's compliment made her feel just a little bit better. Who wouldn't feel happy by receiving a compliment from their long-time crush who turned out to be the most beautiful, sensual, gentle, and confident woman on earth? No, Wheein corrected herself, the most incredible woman in the whole universe.

However, the light tickling on her skin induced by Hyejin's words, didn't last long, as well as Wheein's contentment. How could she know that the praising words were genuine and not just forced out of politeness for a fellow member? After all, Hyejin herself always looked as a goddess. Wheein couldn't possibly compare to her.

“It would look better on you, though.” The comment slipped before she could think of any better. Hyejin didn't respond, but she watched Wheein carefully while the latter's gaze lingered on herself in the mirror. Her hair was too fine and fringy, her face was too round, her cheeks too chubby, her eyes too small, her belly too fat, her thighs too thick, ...

“Maybe I should go an a diet...,” she mumbled.

Suddenly, she was turned around, away from the mirror. Instead, she was now facing Hyejin. Their faces were only inches apart and the younger's hands held her shoulders in a firm grip. Wheein's heart beat rapidly, and the ticklish feeling on her skin returned, stronger than before. How could someone be so flawlessly perfect?

“Don't ever think of you like that,” Hyejin stated with conviction. “You're utterly beautiful just as you are, Jung Wheein. Your body is shaped with just the right curves at all the right places that one wants to touch you from head to toe and feel every inch of your beautiful figure under their fingers. Your facial features are round and soft and feminine, inviting to watch at you all day long. Your skin is so bright and spotless that it provokes a desire to cover it with hickeys. Your eyes are enchanting and capitivating, making one shutter under your intense gaze. Your lips are so pretty and kissable that one just wants to press their own mouth on them. Your hair looks just so soft and silky that one wants to run their hands through it. Your voice is so melodic and passionate that one could listen nonstop. You don't even need us, you could go solo and would do perfectly well. You're just... overall so perfect.”

Wheein couldn't help but blush. Hyejin seemed so genuine with her words, so entirely serious and sincere. For a moment, Wheein was tempted to think that maybe, just maybe, the younger reciprocated her feelings. Or did she imagine the pleading sound to her voice, the despair in her eyes? Probably.

So Wheein assumed that she had fallen so deeply for her groupmate that she was already hallucinating. How reassuring.

“Hyejin, you don't have to make up all of this stuff just to make me feel better,” she finally responded, avoiding the eyes of her counterpart.

“I am not making anything up,” Hyejin stated, nothing but pure honesty, conviction, and fondness in her voice. Wheein shuttered, letting everything sink in. She couldn't deny the younger's sincerity anymore.

Hyejin must have sensed the other giving in. A fond smile made its way onto her face and her grip loosened, but she didn't let go of Wheein yet. Instead, she pulled her in an embrace that showed all of her affection.

“You're wonderful, Wheein,” she whispered, causing a shiver run down the overwhelmed girl's spine.

“How can you say that?” Wheein whined, not longer able to contain herself.

“What do you mean?” Hyejin asked, distancing herself just enough that she could meet the other's eyes.

“You're like the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. You're confident, kind, talented, stunning. Everything I'm not. How can you say something like that to me?” Wheein trembled in her arms.

“Because it's true. You're perfect.”

“I'm far from perfect.”

You're perfect to me.”

Wheein wanted to disagree again, but the words got stuck in when she met Hyejin's gaze. Her eyes were filled with emotions. Honesty, despair, restraint, fondness, affection, love. The world and Wheein's mind crumbled into dust, leaving only Hyejin behind.

She didn't think when she leaned forward, closed the small distance between them and landed her lips on Hyejin's. It was a soft kiss. Shy, but straightforward. Chaste, but filled with deep emotions. Delicate, but genuine and loving.

And when she was kissed back just as softly and lovingly, Wheein knew that she didn't have to be perfect as long as she was perfect to Hyejin.