Part 3

Letting Love Step Back

After Renjun had laughed at her words for five minutes and Haechan had repeatedly stammered that he is indeed, not playing for the other team, they went to the car.


 

Y/N got out her phone and in the mirror, Haechan could see the light illuminating her face in the dark car. Naturally, Renjun had offered her the front seat, but she had put her things in the trunk and sat in the back, leaning her head against the window.


 

She was pretty.


 

Still.


 

Even in the almost complete absence of light.


 

Haechan was still guessing what the extent of her and Renjun's friendship was. Despite hugging him passionately, Y/N was quiet in the car and Renjun didn’t engage in conversation either. But then again, Renjun wasn’t ever one for big conversations.


Like.

At all.


 

Thinking about it, Haechan had probably never heard Renjun utter more than five words at a time. (Even in class. Especially in class.)


 

When Haechan drops them off at Renjun’s place, he gets the luggage out of the trunk and then looks at the big iron gate in front of the mansion that they had passed through.


 

He could spend days looking wistfully at the rich exterior of the building. It was only missing the suit clad butler whose ensemble would correspond with the marbled tiles in the foyer.


 

Y/N takes her things from him, throwing him a small model-like smile. It’s a 1000 watt smile, a 100 degree Celsius smile, the kind that makes you feel warm, the kind that makes you feel hot and he can only politely smile back, wishing that his attraction to her appearance wasn't so physically obvious.


 

“Thanks”, she says lightly, already turning to Renjun. “Hope you get home safely.”