Achievement: Friendship Level Up!

My Pet Guard Snail

“The car’s from a rental service,” Daehyun paced the room, placing a lollipop in his mouth. “We’re seeing if we can trace who rented it.”

“Thanks Yongguk, keep me updated.” Daehyun ended the call with furrowed brows in contemplation. 

“Daehyun, you wanted to speak to me?” Mrs. Yoo entered the study. Daehyun gently pulled out the chair for her as she smiled slightly. Daehyun’s concerns for the car now became concerns for Mrs. Yoo. She seemed thinner and frailer than when he met just a few weeks ago. Bags were under her soft dark brown eyes. “How is Youngjae behaving? I’m sorry that I am not home enough to help him. He can be so spoiled sometimes, but I guess I am to blame. He reminds me so much of his father that I end up complying to him.” She chuckled lightly.

“My condolences about your husband.” Daehyun took the seat across from Mrs. Yoo.

“No need, it has been years…” Mrs. Yoo’s expression softened into small melancholy. “Sometimes I wonder if it is my fault for Youngjae to act this way...I was never home enough to truly act like a mother…” She murmured softly to herself, her eyes seeming distant. Daehyun was about to open his mouth to interject, but Mrs. Yoo had beaten him to the punch. “What was it that you wanted to speak to me about, Daehyun?”

“A few days ago a car almost ran over Youngjae,” Mrs. Yoo’s expression soon turned from soft and distant to that of shock and fear. Daehyun kept his voice calm and steady. “Mrs. Yoo, you mentioned that you only trusted me with this task. What exactly is going on? Is your son in danger?” 

Mrs. Yoo closed her eyes for a moment, and took a deep breath as she clutched her chest. Her expression scrunched together. A moment of pause before she collected her thoughts, her hand relaxing over her chest “I’m sorry I did not tell you about this beforehand, Daehyun. The Yoo family...it is not as pristine and clean as the world thought us to be,” Mrs. Yoo got up from her chair, walking around the study that once belonged to her husband. Her small hands caressing the binding of the books. “My husband was a fool, living life as he pleased. Marrying a poor girl from Gwangju instead of a woman his family approved of. To my surprise his parents had taken it well, but the rest of his family...well, at least we appeared to be on amicable terms. He was truly a fool,” She chuckled sadly. “He died in an accident when Youngjae was only six years old and he left the company to me. You can assume how his siblings and cousins felt about this. An outsider running their family company,” Mrs. Yoo fingers stopped on a binding of a particular book. 내 사랑: 유리. “This family is like a jungle. Survival of the fittest. Family comes after,” She let out one more sigh before turning to face Daehyun. “Youngjae is a bit reckless and naive, not truly understanding how dangerous this world is. Just please watch over him and keep him safe.” She smiled forlornly. 

“I will, Mrs. Yoo.” Daehyun wanted to trust Mrs. Yoo. He did. The woman did so much for him and his family. Though he had gained more information about who might be targeting Youngjae, there was still ambiguity. Mrs. Yoo was hiding more than she was letting on. 

“Everything will be alright.” Mrs. Yoo murmured to herself. 


Daehyun raised his brow as he heard a mass of shouting of incoherent words and grunts as he walked down the stairs. He leaned down and took a peak towards the direction of the noise. Youngjae was sitting criss cross on his living room floor, a bit of his tongue sticking out as he was button mashing his video game controller. His eyes glued onto the screen. Daehyun couldn’t help but smile slightly and let out a playful snort as he saw the different expressions running across the younger’s face. Frustration, sadness, joy. Daehyun didn’t know that emotions could change that rapidly.

“Good...good..good!” Youngjae was shouting with glee as his characters did a combo spell and wiped out the enemy in the game. “GOOD!” Youngjae jumped up, pumping his fist into the air. Took over the demon lord’s tower, baby! Youngjae started to do a celebratory dance only to completely cease his actions when he heard a soft chuckle. Youngjae prayed to the Lord Almighty that the chuckle belonged to his mother. He prayed really hard, but unfortunately they were being sent to voicemail. Youngjae slowly turned his head, horror evident on his face as he saw Daehyun lean on the stairway, one arm across his torso as his other hand was fisted in front of his mouth to hide his chuckles. Youngjae’s face was so red he could put a traffic light out of business.

“Don’t stop on my account. Please, continue.” Daehyun tilted his head to the side. A playful, amused smile on his face. Youngjae’s cheeks felt even more heated, he had never seen that smile on the other before. It was...he dare say pretty? And that he liked the smile? The way smile whiskers appeared, the man’s pearly white teeth and protruding canines. They were cute? Youngjae was most confused about he was feeling. 

“I-It was for...uh...um research! Yeah, research! So I could see how the competition was faring.” Youngjae quickly hid the remote behind his back, wishing he could pull the hoodie down to hide his embarrassment. Uhg, never in his life did he ever wish he was ostrich till now. 

Daehyun hummed, obviously not believing the younger, but kept mum about it since the baby bird would throw a fit. Youngjae watched cautiously as Daehyun approached him, like prey waiting for any moment to escape. He didn’t know what Daehyun was up too. He just knew that when Daehyun interfered it meant his fun was down the toilet. Daehyun peeked at the screen, observing what Youngjae was playing. It seemed to be a strategy RPG game. 

“May I?” Daehyun stuck out his hand and Youngjae just stared at it confused. He then looked up at Daehyun, trying to read his intentions, but he couldn’t find any ill intent. 

“Uh sure?” Youngjae cautiously handed over his controller. Were the two of them actually having an amicable conversation? The world must be going upside down. Daehyun thanked the younger and sat down in the black leather couch. In all honesty, the sight was almost hilarious. Seeing a grown man dressed in a white button up shirt, black tie, and slacks sitting on a couch staring at the TV with so much intent. Youngjae was surprised there were no holes in the screen. Youngjae fidgeted in place, having no clue what to do. He stole a quick look at Daehyun then at the spot next to him. What was Youngjae going to do? Work? That thought was hilarious. Youngjae hesitantly walked over and took the spot next to Daehyun, bringing his legs up so he could hug his knees. 

“Um...you have to press the Start button ya know.”


“Bahahahahahahahahaha! Omg how can you so much!?” Youngjae was clutching his stomach with laughter as Daehyun again lost a battle against the demons. Daehyun’s brows were knitted together in irritation. The game didn’t make sense to him. It was everything against his instincts. 

“I don’t understand this game,” Daehyun frowned, glaring at the stupid demon and characters. “Why would you send out your weakest character to attack first then your strongest!?” Youngjae was still laughing his off, his fist pounding the couch.

“It’s called finishing with a bang. Use the weakest characters to do as much damage as they can so that the stronger character can finish them off easier.” Youngjae wiped away a laughter tear. 

“That’s stupid.” Daehyun huffed, running his fingers through his soft locks. Youngjae eyed the elder quickly, seeing the man’s usually neatly combed hair was bit of a sloppy mess. But somehow it was still made the elder look handsome. It gave the other a more bad boy look. 

“Pfft, it’s a video game strategy,” Youngjae rolled his eyes. “You act as if you’ve never played one before.”

“I haven’t.” Youngjae nearly fell off the couch in shock and offense. The other must have really be a snail residing under a rock in the bottom of the ocean. In this day and age how could a person not have played a video game at least once.

“How old are you to never have played a video game!?” 

“I’m 29.” Youngjae stared at Daehyun blankly. 

“That explains a lot. Old men like you wouldn’t understand the beauty and complexity of video games.” Youngjae shrugged as Daehyun scoffed and rolled his eyes. It seemed that the younger had forgotten that he wasn’t that much younger than Daehyun. 

“I rather be an old man than an irresponsible child.” Daehyun raised a brow, a quirk of a cocky smirk on his lips. Youngjae glared at the other, giving Daehyun the finger before crossing his arms.

“Be crabby all ya want old man,” Youngjae hissed before turning his attention to the TV screen. “Yah, you have to choose your partner now.”

“What?” The more this game went on the more Daehyun couldn’t wrap his mind around it. His brother was more into these things than he was. Granted, Daehyun would humor his brother by watching his younger brother play. That did not necessarily meant he actually paid attention. 

“You have to choose your partner to go on quest with. Ya know like Fire Emblem,” Youngjae let out an exasperated sigh as if what he was spouting was as common as a phone number. “You get to choose from these characters,” Youngjae clicked on the arrow pad of the controller so that it switched through the characters. “You can choose the y mage,” Youngjae gestured towards a busty, scantily clad, blue haired mage. “There is also the handsome looking knight,” The next character was a chiseled male knight with sharp eyes and muscular frame. He reminded Youngjae of someone. “And other characters. You should choose wisely though cause choosing them is like choosing your character’s partner throughout the game, it’s like basically marria- Hey what are you doing!?” Before Youngjae could comprehend what the other was doing, Daehyun had already chose a character. 

“I chose.” Daehyun replied bluntly. 

“Why him?” Youngjae furrowed his brows, looking at the character Daehyun had chosen. Daehyun had chosen the mercenary/thief character. The mercenary was designed to be a young man with a lean muscular frame, bright pretty green blue eyes, soft tan gray fluffy locks, and round cheeks. The pretty boy character. “I would have chosen the healer if anything…” Youngjae frowned slightly seeing as his beloved healer wasn’t chosen. The character was a petite, brunette with wavy swirling locks and bright blue eyes. Her clothes were a bit plain in comparison to the other characters, but she was cute and soft like a soft bunny. 

“The mercenary seems more interesting.” Daehyun shrugged. The stats and personality of the character were given in the little description box: stubborn, sassy, often doesn’t take orders from authority. It sounded oddly familiar to a certain fussy baby chick that Daehyun had dealt on a daily basis. 

“Whatever, just don’t blame me if you lose.” Youngjae snickered. The basics of gaming: Healer is a God send. 

“Want to make a bet?” Daehyun raised an amused brow, a cocky smirk on his lips. 

“With you old man? Be my guest cause I know I’m gonna win.” Youngjae scoffed, as if the gaming king (him) would ever lose to such a peasant (Daehyun). 

“If you win-”

“I get to go clubbing, no questions asked.” Youngjae smiled proudly and confidently. Daehyun was not even surprised at the request. 

“And if I win,” Daehyun tapped his fingers against the controller, contemplating what his win would get him. Youngjae watched him cautiously, fidgeting for a moment because the elder could literally ask for anything. What if the old snail made him never go clubbing again!? Youngjae shuddered at the thought. “You owe me one wish.”

“Do I look like a damn genie to you?” Youngjae stared at him blank face. 

“I can’t think of anything at the moment so take it or leave it.” Daehyun shrugged, getting up from the couch. Youngjae was in panic mode. How could he miss an opportunity to get out of Daehyun’s clutches!? Youngjae quickly grasped onto the elder’s arm, preventing the other man from escaping. 


“Fine. Deal,” Youngjae pouted slightly, causing the elder to chuckle a bit before sitting back down. “It’s not like you’re gonna win…” Youngjae mumbled under his breath. Daehyun a small quip of a smirk on his lips. If only the younger knew how quickly Daehyun picked up on things. How else did Daehyun manage to run BAP at his age?


Daehyun was sitting in the Yoo family’s black SUV, waiting for Youngjae to finish up work. He was scanning through an update one of his men had sent him. Ego. This was the third time this group had popped up during one of BAP’s missions. It seems that the group had a knack of interfering with BAP’s affairs. Daehyun had done some research on them and found them to be a mercenary group similar to BAP, the only difference was in philosophy. While BAP was heavily grounded in discipline and morality, Ego was founded on the premise of ‘anything for a dollar.’ They weren’t above working for crime lords, kingpins, and the mafia. It didn’t matter where the money came from as long as there was money at the end of the tunnel. 

Daehyun: Be sure not to fall behind in your work. You have a family gathering on Sunday so you can’t push things to the last minute.

Mrs. Yoo had specifically asked Daehyun if he could make sure that Youngjae was present during the family outing. Apparently the younger had a habit of ditching to who knows where. Not that Daehyun entirely blame him, based on what Mrs.Yoo told him, the Yoo family was not entirely amicable. A job was a job though and he was hired by Mrs. Yoo not Youngjae so no matter how much the younger would protest, Daehyun will still follow through his orders. 

Angry Chicklet: Is that your wish? *w*

Daehyun scoffed. Ever since Daehyun won the bet Youngjae had tried every attempt to pry Daehyun’s wish out of him. It seemed like the anticipation and anxiety was killing the poor little chick’s heart. Youngjae was so confident that Daehyun would lose that that the younger didn’t even perchance the the thought that Daehyun would win. With a little luck and a whole lot of mental strategy, Daehyun beat the quest. Ironically, using Youngjae’s gaming advice to do so. 

Daehyun: No, just a friendly reminder. 

Angry Chicklet: Stingy, old snail. HMPH. :T

Daehyun chuckled, leaning the chair back as he looked at his phone. The younger was stubborn, Daehyun would give him that. 

Daehyun began glancing down at his silver watch as he noticed the long hand ticking away. He looked back up towards the company building, seeing people waving their goodbyes to their colleagues before entering the parking lot or structure. Daehyun let out a sigh. It was 6:30 pm. The younger was half an hour late. Daehyun had learned Youngjae’s habit well. The moment the clock struck 6 the little heir would rush out of the tall, silver, window-walled building like his was on fire. There was even a time where the younger was too enthusiastic to leave work that he almost ran into one of the trees decorating the front. 

Daehyun’s dark brows furrowed together. What could have held up the younger for so long? Daehyun was not wary about any dangers that lurked at Yoo corporations. The buildings had top notch security, in a technological and man-power sense. Daehyun had even scanned through the blueprints of the building himself and deemed their quality. It wasn’t the younger’s safety that he was concerned about, it was more about the younger’s devilish nature. Youngjae had been deprived of clubbing, street racing, and late night drinking for the past few weeks. Daehyun wouldn’t be all too surprised if the little jailbird cracked and attempted another escape. Daehyun let out an annoyed sigh before exiting the vehicle. He did not have time nor patience to go bird hunting. Daehyun quickly scanned his designated badge into the security system before climbing up the flight of stairs to Gaming department of the building. Youngjae was no skilled ninja, so he couldn’t have gone far if he wanted to escape. 

Daehyun quickly scanned the gaming floor, seeing a majority of its employees gone. Papers were strewn across tables: sketches, coding lines, and gaming scripts. The room was dimly lit and reeked of coffee and sweets? Daehyun supposed that the employees had to keep their energy up somehow. Daehyun’s quick pace headed straight towards Youngjae’s office, the room’s light peaking through the window wall blinds. Daehyun had hoped that the younger was in there, but the moment he opened the door he was greeted by an empty metallic desk littered with cute desk knick knacks and a bright orange leather couch. Daehyun cursed, a small growl escaping his lips, as he immediately turned around. Gosh dang it, the little bird was being a pain in his . And to think Daehyun had maybe hoped the chicklet would be more complacent seeing as how Youngjae hadn’t retaliated much in the past few days since their bet. Probably a build to this. Daehyun would admit the strategy was well-thought since he had let his guard down just a bit. 

“I swear, if he really ran off, I’m going to stick a tracker on his .” Daehyun growled, rushing towards the staircase only to be abruptly stopped by crashing into another human being. 

“Holy mother of ! The hell!?” Daehyun managed to grab onto the other human, stopping the other from falling. “You almost ran me over you psycho!” Daehyun felt the tension in his muscles dissipating at the sound of a familiar voice. “Why are you even here?” Youngjae pointedly glared at the elder. Why did this stupid snail decide to invade his workplace? To systematically run him over!?

“Making sure you didn’t run away. You’re late.” The rush beating of Daehyun’s heart slowed to a normal pace. Though Daehyun would not admit, he was a tad bit worried about the younger. Most of it was overshadowed by the burden that he would have to hunt the younger down. 

Youngjae scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Excccuuuusssseee mmeeee,” Youngjae placed his hand on his chest in mock sincerity. “I’m trying to get my work done like somebody asked,” Youngjae frowned and shoved a cookie in his mouth, as he aggressively chewed. “Gosh damn, I went away for five minutes to get a damn cookie and the devil himself pops up at my front door.” 

“I didn’t think you’d actually listened. You have a tendency not to.” Daehyun snorted, noting Youngjae had a habit of puffing out his cheeks as he chewed. The two seemed to have forgotten that the elder had his arms wrapped around Youngjae’s waist and Youngjae was (as he would state) too close to the elder for comfort. The two were either unaware or chose to be unaware. 

“I’m not doing it for you. I’m doing it because the project we’re working on is behind schedule and my team is stressed the hell out, so I want to get as much done as possible. So watch your tongue mister,” Youngjae aggressively pointed the cookie at Daehyun to make his point. Daehyun smirked slightly and quickly swooped down and took a bite of the cookie. Youngjae stared at the dessert, horrified that it had been damaged by the bodyguard. “Uhg, you asshat,” Youngjae shoved the cookie in the other’s mouth before squirming his way out of Daehyun’s grip. Youngjae stomped down to his office, stopping every so often to turn back and see Daehyun following him. “Why are you following me? Are you a stalker or something-scratch that- you are a ing stalker and I’m going to call the cops on you.” Youngjae huffed.

Youngjae merely frowned as he sat himself at his desk, eyeing Daehyun as he sat himself on the orange leather couch. Youngjae let out an exaggerated sigh in order to relay his frustration towards the elder. Apparently the elder didn’t get the message or he didn’t give a damn. Youngjae was actually being good and doing his work so why did he have to get punished by having Daehyun loom over him. Youngjae merely let out a puff of air, his bangs flying up momentarily before falling against his forehead. Whatever, Youngjae had work to do and it wasn’t worrying why his bodyguard had so much damn freetime to lounge on his couch. 


“The third level coding is off…” Youngjae mumbled, drool dripping out of the corner of his mouth. “X, Y, Up, Down..” More random words were escaping Youngjae’s mouth as he was falling deeper and deeper into sleep. 

Daehyun let out a snort of a chuckle as he got up from the couch. He glanced at his watch. It was already 2:00 am so it was no surprise that Youngjae had finally knocked out. Daehyun had messaged Mrs. Yoo prior that Youngjae was working late in the office and even Mrs. Yoo was shocked by the news. Daehyun approached the desk, quietly not to wake the younger. Daehyun had to admit that when the younger put his mind to it, what he could accomplish was quite amazing. Daehyun began cleaning up the paperwork that littered Youngjae’s desk (some albeit covered in drool). Daehyun always liked to keep a neat and tidy ship, his training merely solidified the notion. He would glance at the younger’s work, impressed at how thorough every design, layout, and program was in Youngjae’s game. Daehyun would have to admit that watching the younger intently stare at his computer screen, the tip of his tongue jutted out of his lips, was quite adorable. The bright spark of excitement and interest swirling in the younger’s brown pools as he was building a world with his own two hands. Daehyun was impressed to say the least. That one person’s mind could create an entire world, a story, a life. He couldn’t entirely wrap his mind about Youngjae’s work, but he appreciated the effort and art that went into it. Daehyun himself couldn’t do such things. 

“Come on, sleeping beauty. You’re going to hurt yourself sleeping like this,” Daehyun gently shook Youngjae only to have the younger grumble something incoherent and swat his hand in every which way to be rid of the nuisance. “Stubborn even in his sleep.” Daehyun chuckled, before gently picking the younger up. Youngjae’s head was swung back, light snores leaving his mouth as he was basically flailed out like a zombie in Daehyun’s arms. Not the most elegant of princesses. 

Daehyun gently placed Youngjae on the couch, reaching for his suit jacket that he discarded earlier to place on top of the younger. It seems that Youngjae acknowledged the warmth since he snuggled closer into the fabric. Daehyun attempted to remove himself from the couch to sleep at another corner of the office. He didn’t think Youngjae would be too happy seeing his face first thing in the morning. Too bad the younger always seemed to go against Daehyun’s will. The younger gripped onto the sleeve of Daehyun’s shirt, wrapping his fist in a tight hold. Daehyun paused and looked down at the younger. He couldn’t help, but smile at such innocence. Youngjae may be a spoiled kid at time, but the younger also showed qualities of maturity. Daehyun could see that from the younger’s work. Youngjae’s main job was to oversee how the game was developing, but Daehyun could tell that Youngjae was taking on more than required. Delving into design, layout, and coding. From how the rest of his office was looking, his employees were already hitting the ground running, and it appeared that Youngjae wanted to ensure that they were running but not burnt out. Admirable for someone at his age with that much power. Daehyun had seen and worked with many heirs and heiress that seemed to forget that the people that work for them were people. 

“Agh…” Youngjae groaned, his chest rising and falling rapidly. His heart beating erratically as he gripped tighter onto Daehyun. More groans and whimpers were spilling out of the younger’s mouth. “Anyone? Is anyone….

Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the younger’s sudden ailment. As soon as he saw the younger toss and turn slightly and more inaudible noises left his mouth he realized what was going on. The younger seemed to be having a nightmare. Daehyun had seen these symptoms many times with his younger brother. Youngjae’s whimpers seemed to increase as his breathing increased, as if the younger was running. Youngjae shakes his head vigorously, small words of ‘hello?’ could be heard from his lips. It was like the younger was searching for something. Youngjae’s jaw was clenched as he bit his lower lip. His thrashing became more violent as the dream continued. 

“Hey, hey, calm down…” Daehyun’s voice was soft like velvet as he gently patted the younger’s head. This technique seemed to have always worked for his younger brother so he hoped it provided the younger the same comfort. “I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere,” His fingers gently ran through Youngjae’s soft locks. This seemed to have been the trick because Youngjae’s breathing began to fall to a steady pace, the tension in his body leaving him. His pained expression softening. Daehyun continued his ministration, eyeing the other sympathetically. He wondered what the younger could have dreamed of to have him react so strongly. The younger appeared as if he hadn’t had a hardship in the world. “I don’t know what’s worrying you, but I’m here with you. Even if you might want to get rid of me.” Daehyun chuckled lightly, letting out a hum of a lullabye in hopes that it would bring the younger good dreams. 


Youngjae’s eyes fluttered open, the dim light in his office not assisting in his attempt to see. He let out an exasperated sigh as he placed one arm over his eyes. It had been a while since he dreamed that dream. Usually the partying and drinking would reduce the chance of its appearance. At least thats what he told himself to justify his party habits, but a part of him believed that it was true. The more foggy and distracted his mind was the better he could forget. But ever since Daehyun came, he had been getting them more often. No partying equates to no distractions. 

Youngjae gritted his teeth, annoyed at himself. He was a grown man! How could he let a measly dream affect him so? It was something that happened a long time ago. He should have gotten over it. Youngjae pinched the bridge of his nose. He had to admit that this time the dream wasn’t as intense. He wasn’t as scared nor cold. He actually felt some sort of warmth that he usually never felt with these dreams. A small grumble of his stomach yanked him out his thoughts. He lifted himself up only to see a suit jacket pool around his waist and a tuft of light brown hair against the couch. Youngjae eyes went wide when he saw Daehyun silently snoozing beside the couch. The bodyguard did sleep.

Through his deductive reasoning he had assumed that the suit jacket belonged to Daehyun. Youngjae gripped the fabric tightly, kneading the cloth. He glanced down and examined the other. Though the two encountered each other more than Youngjae liked, he never had the chance to examine the elder in such a serene state. Daehyun usually wore a tight lipped, stoic snail expression or the cocky smirk that Youngjae wanted to slap off. The elder’s eyelashes were longer than Youngjae had expected and the small mole under his right eye was cuter than Youngjae would ever admit. Daehyun’s puffy lips were slightly agape as he breathed steadily. Youngjae being adventurous, cautiously reached out and gently poked the other’s soft cheek causing Daehyun to scrunch his nose at the touch. It reminded Youngjae of a bunny. The younger couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle. As much as Youngjae wanted to study the bodyguard his stomach was calling for attention. He quietly removed himself from the couch, positioning himself so that he was standing in front of the elder. Daehyun may be a nuisance to him, but Youngjae was not a heartless bastard. Youngjae fanned out the suit jacket, squatting down and placing it on top of the elder. Youngjae frowned at how the jacket would keep slipping down Daehyun’s shoulders. He kept fiddling with the jacket, not noticing a certain guard snail had opened his eyes.

“Need help?” Youngjae fell back in surprised at the sudden deep, groggy voice. Daehyun rubbed one of his eyes as he smiled slightly. Youngjae’s face turned a bright red.

“H-how long were you awake?” Youngjae felt like he was caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar. 

“Since you woke up,” Daehyun smirked. “I’m not much of a heavy sleeper, comes with the job.” Daehyun stretched his muscles as he removed himself from the floor. Youngjae let out a groan as he buried his face into his hands.

“God, I hate you, you stupid snail…” Youngjae lifted his face enough to shoot Daehyun a deadly glare.

Daehyun hummed, a grin on his face. “Glad to know you’re still energetic as ever in the morning,” He let out a snort as he ruffled Youngjae’s soft locks lightly. Youngjae clutching his head shortly after the action. “I’ll grab us something to eat from the break room and then we can go home.” Daehyun glanced back at the baby chick still clutching his head and let out a small airy laugh before closing the office door.

Youngjae’s face was glowing red. The warmth from Daehyun’s hand still lingering. He felt this warmth before. The familiar hand, caressing his head in a soothing manner. Youngjae couldn’t pinpoint where he felt this, but it reminded him of fresh summer breezes. And for some reason he wanted more of it.
 


Thanks for reading! Comments and feedback are much appreciated!!

Omomomo! Finally a little dash of squish instead of the snail and baby chick at each others throats! I'm so excited cause we are getting closer and closer to the chapter where Channie and Jelo meet the infamous Daehyun~ Hahahaha I wonder how that will go? Will Daehyun survive the sass? I hope so cause he's got to protect his precious chicklet. So how are you liking the slower pace, darlings? It's definitely a slower build up than my other story hehehe I'm the type to rush into romance so this is newish to me hahaha I'm glad we're taking this adventure together though~

Also I made this fan virtual meeting ish? Hahaha my chatroom didn't work out too well cause I work and don't come home till late so bye bye consistent schedule. So hopefully this works better :3

https://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/1253474