VII.

stay with me (please)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Jiwon, baby, you’re so talented holy .” Hanbin was blown away at the barista’s artistic ability and at the fact that he was just now finding out that his boyfriend was an artist, an extremely brilliant one at that.

The two boys were lounging on the couch of Hanbin’s living room after both having a terribly long day-Hanbin was stuck in a meeting that went on for hours and Jiwon had two lectures. Hanbin had ordered Chinese takeout to be delivered to his home and by the time he had picked up Jiwon at Yonsei University, the food was already at the doorstep.

Now, Hanbin had his head in Jiwon’s lap as the latter boy doodled in his sketch book, Toy Story playing somewhere in the background. Hanbin craned his neck to get a peek at what Jiwon was drawing and what he saw had him stunned. Reflecting in soft water colors and messy pencil smudges was a sketch of him; Jiwon had drawn Hanbin and it was beautifully done so. It wasn’t close to  finished yet and the edges were a bit messy but it was still so eloquently done; it was a drawing of when Jiwon had first spent the night at Hanbin’s-not the time where Hanbin almost knocked someone’s teeth out but the first time Hanbin had asked the boy not to go and sleep over instead—almost a month ago. Time truly does fly when you’re in love. I can only wish to stay like this forever.

Jiwon’s sketch was of Hanbin sitting crosslegged on the bed, white dress shirt the tiniest bit crinkled with the top buttons left undone. Hanbin remembered that night, Jiwon had been sitting across from him, telling him cute childhood stories and Hanbin had smiled softly at the image of a small, bunny like toddler running around with finger paint smudged on his cheeks. Jiwon had captured Hanbin mid laugh in his drawing and the former boy was so in awe at just how real it looked, the crinkles on the corners of his eyes were even visible.

Still laying comfortably on the barista’s lap, Hanbin looked up at his boyfriend. Even after month of becoming official, every glance at his boyfriend had Hanbin’s heart stuttering madly. His lips looked so red and glossy from the Nivea cherry lip balm he put in earlier and they looked extra plump because Jiwon had a habit of biting his lips whenever he was concentrated. His hair looked extra fluffy today and he was wearing thick, black rimmed glasses, tongue poking out as he focused on sketching.

“Jiwonieee~ are you ingnoring me? I said you’re really talented, baby. How come you never told me you could draw this well?”

The barista blushed but his eyes didn’t move from the sketch book, “Thank you, Bin. It just never came up but now that you know, I’m an art major at Yonsei. And I don’t know, don’t you think it looks a bit messy?”

Hanbin loved learning about Jiwon and now another piece of him was revealed, he grinned, “An art major? All this time, I thought you were in biochemistry. And no babe, it looks perfect considering it’s me you’re drawing.”

Jiwon scrunched his nose cutely and tapped Hanbin’s own with his pencil lightly, “You’re annoying. And why biochemistry? I hate science and I know I’m 20 but I still don’t understand how electrons and protons work.”

Hanbin laughed, “I don’t know either baby, I was studying law before I took over the company and then all my education was swapped out for business ethics.”

Suddenly Jiwon bit his lip shyly, “Hanbinnie, can you hire me as like your secretary or something? Lately at the cafe, I’m doing all the work and just watching Jinan make out with June.”

Hanbin tilted his head up to see if the barista was being serious but Jiwon had already gone back to sketching, “Aw honey, I don’t think an office job is your thing. It’s really boring and all you do is file papers and make me coffee. But if you’re really serious, then yeah baby, I’ll hire you. My secretary now is annoying as .”

Jiwon giggled, “So you’ve told me. Honestly, I make you coffee all the time so you can basically call me your secretary anyways. But yeah, paper work doesn’t sound fun. How ‘bout your personal assistant?”

“I’d love that baby. We’d have so much fun together. But really, knowing you, you’ll never quit the cafe, you love Jinan too much,” Hanbin reached up to poke Jiwon’s cheek teasingly, “Should I be jealous? I swear you love him more than me.”

Jiwon rolled his eyes playfully, “Jinan’s my platonic soulmate, but you’re just my normal soulmate. And I think you’re right, I really do love PLATTE. I just- I don’t know, I feel like I’m losing inspiration to make art and it cause I love it so much.”

Hanbin clutched his heart, dramatically sighing, “Just a normal soulmate? Ouch, baby-“

Jiwon leaned down and kissed Hanbin’s cheek so suddenly that the latter boy felt his cheeks warming up and he brought his hand to touch the spot, still slightly wet. Jiwon giggled again, “You’re my whole world, Kim Hanbin.”

Hanbin looked up again and swore he saw galaxies in Jiwon’s sparkly eyes, “As are you, baby. But really Jiwon, about your art, what else can you do? Maybe I can think of something to inspire you.”

The bunny boy furrowed his brows, deep in thought, “Well, I do anything art-related really. I can take pictures and write pretty poems and song lyrics, but painting and water colors are my favorite.”

Suddenly something lit up in Hanbin’s brain, “Baby! What if I tell you I actually have a job for you?”

The barista’s eyes widened and he tilted his head like a curious puppy, “What is it, Binnie?”

“Would you like to paint a mural for my office? Making something huge might spark up big ideas and new inspiration.” Hanbin’s office was monochrome just like his home, and the huge wall behind his desk was plain white, no splashing colors or ostentatious decor.

“A-a mural? For.. you? Hanbin..” Jiwon began to stutter and anxiety was building up to his fingertips, grip on the pencil becoming shaky.

“Hey no, baby, listen. You don’t have to if you’re not up to it, I’m not forcing you to do anything. It’s only if you want to.”

Jiwon let out a panicky breath, eyes cast downwards, cheeks dusted with pink. He spoke softly, “I want to Hanbin.. I really want to but what if I mess up? This is your office, not some random wall on the street. You’re gonna have to see it every single day and like what would the mural even be of?”

Hanbin sat up on the couch and scooted closer until he was right next to the barista, facing him and tilting Jiwon’s chin up with his finger tips so he could look directly into his eyes, “Jiwon, I’d be honored if I could stare at your art every day. Especially if it’s custom made and only for me. Baby, it could be anything you want it to be, the theme and style is up to you, you’re the artist here.”

Jiwon gently set the sketchbook down on the glass coffee table before turning his body so he was facing Hanbin too. He spoke softly, carefully choosing his words, “Okay, Hanbin. Let’s do it!! You’re gonna have to come with me to the art supply store with me though. I want your opinion on the color palette before I start painting.”

Hanbin only grinned and that was enough for Jiwon to tumble onto the former boy, straddling his waist so that he could tug at  his hair and kiss him. Hanbin smiled into their kiss, open mouthed and wet, wrapping his arms around the barista’s slim waist and tilting his head a tiny bit to give more access to the excited boy on top of him.

 

It should’ve been no surprise that Jiwon was so artistically talented, coming from Yeonnam-dong, one of the best art districts in the nation. But Hanbin was still stunned whenever Jiwon showed him his various different art styles and techniques, wanting him to pick his favorite one for the mural. And even though Hanbin was no less than a fashion god, he could be a bit more educated on art culture. Jiwon rolled his eyes whenever he asked for Hanbin’s opinion and the latter just responded with, “Whatever you want baby, just paint something that looks good.”

“That’s so broad, Binnie!! Can’t you be more specific?”

Hanbin had looked at his boyfriend with apologetic eyes, “I’m sorry I can’t tell the difference between Da Vinci and Michelangelo.”

“I’m just asking you to pick between periwinkle and lavender!!”

Hanbin had shot Jiwon a confused look before looking back at the color swatches his boyfriend was holding, “What’s the difference? They both look light purple to me.”

Needless to say Hanbin had earned a smack to the head by an annoyed bunny.

 

A few days later everything was set into motion, Hanbin had all the art supplies- paints, brushes, sheet&floor covers, a ladder and extra smocks- delivered directly to his office. For the time being, if it was needed, he’d move over to a different office to work at but honestly Hanbin was ecstatic to be working in the same room Jiwon would be painting in. Jiwon had talked to Jinhwan about taking less shifts at PLATTE and even though the smaller boy was reluctant and teary eyed, he let the boy take a short leave so that he could focus on school and painting the mural. Jiwon had smiled softly before hugging the small barista tightly, “Don’t worry, Jinan. I’ll still come and get coffee every morning. While I’m gone, don’t too much face with June and remember to tend the customers!!”

Now the two boys stood in front of KIM ELECTRONICS CO. —a huge skyscraper built of sleek, gray steel framework. It was the first time that Jiwon was going to work with Hanbin and nervous was an understatement. Hanbin was wearing his usual work attire and next to him, Jiwon wore light-washed canvas jeans and a black crew neck sweater. He wanted to wear something comfortable and easily washable of paint stains, but now standing in front of such an elite building, he couldn’t help but think he should’ve worn something classier.

Jiwon gulped before gripping Hanbin’s hand tightly, “I’m getting paid for this, right?”

Hanbin laughed at the cute boy and smirked, “Yeah baby, you’ll be paid.. in kisses.”

“Now’s not the time to joke around, Bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter