II.

stay with me (please)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hanbin was a pragmatic person, really. He was meticulous and logical and he typically planned anything and everything. He was the type of person who hated recklessness and surprises. Hanbin preferred for everything to be clean and solid, he hated messes and he couldn’t stand people who acted out irrationally.

With all that being said, Hanbin couldn’t help but hate himself in this particular moment. He had become the epitome of everything he despised. And he knew it too. Hanbin knew he was acting crazy and far from his composed, calm and collected usual self. In his irrational state, Hanbin found himself standing at the door of PLATTE cafe at 9PM. He’d been standing towards the side of the door-so that he wouldn’t be seen in the thick glass window- for at least 20 minutes, pondering back and worth whether he should go in or not.

This is ing ridiculous. What the are you doing, Hanbin? Just go home. It’s probably closed anyways.

But he knew he was lying to himself when he saw a couple of people chatting leisurely through the window of the cafe. Yeah, it’s definitely not closed.

Hanbin couldn’t find himself to make the few steps to his red Lamborghini, that once again was parked in front of the cafe. Sighing to himself, he mustered up all the courage that he could and bustled through the heavy door into the quaint coffee shop.

He looked up at the front counter, at the cash register, hoping to catch the cute barista he met a few days ago. When he couldn’t spot him, Hanbin’s heart began to race with anxiety. Where is he? Why do I feel like this, what the ? He quickly scanned the part behind the counter where the drinks were being made. But to his dismay, only one barista was working, close to dozing off as he stirred one last cup of coffee. Maybe he’s in the kitchen? They make treats here too, right?  But the glass pastry case at the front of the cafe was empty and the lights of the shop were dimming, meaning the cafe was close to closing time.

“Hi sir, what could I get you?”

Hanbin had never felt more disappointment plummet through his body as he looked up at the register, and the barista looking back at him was not the same as the boy from a few days ago, with sunshine in his eyes. Instead, he found a small boy with fairy like features staring at him expectedly. His name tag glinted in the low lighting of the cafe. Not Jiwon, but Jinhwan.

Oh right, I should probably order something. “Can I have one hot hazelnut-coconut blend with 3 expresso shots?” At least he didn’t mess up how order this time.

The small boy in front of him laughed, “3 expresso shots? You planning not to sleep tonight, sir?”

Hanbin’s gave his best unimpressed glare, who does this midget think he is? I can order whatever the I want. “Maybe I’m not.”

Jinhwan raised his hands up in defense, “Okay, okay. One hot hazelnut-coconut blend with 3 expresso shots coming up.” He laughed quietly to himself, “so stubborn, just like Jiwon.”

Hanbin didn’t hear what the boy said but his ears perked when he heard the sunshine barista’s name roll off of the fairy boy’s tongue.

“Excuse me, what?”

 

The barista looked up sheepishly, maybe a tiny bit intimated by the cold man in front of him. “Oh nothing sir, you just remind me of my friend. He’s so stubborn and he also likes to drown in expresso shots and energy drinks late at night.”

“Your friend is named Jiwon?”

Now the small fairy boy looked surprised, “Yes, do you know him by chance?”

Hanbin shook his head and stammered, “I have a friend named Jiwon as well but it’s probably not the same one.” What the , Hanbin. You don’t know anyone named Jiwon.

Jinhwan looked disappointed, “Yeah probably not since it’s such a common name. And my Jiwon is like one of a kind.”

Hanbin’s breath hitched and his heart dropped. Your Jiwon? He’s yours? . This is seriously ing with me in the worst way. I need to get the out of here. It felt suffocating to be in the small cafe with Jiwon’s boyfriend and Hanbin felt his throat constrict and sweat begin to form in droplets near his hairline. Hanbin thought maybe he was getting sick with the way his body was feeling and strange emotions consumed him in a way he never felt before. He decided he didn’t like it. Hanbin’s fight or flight instincts kicked in and he knew he was about to hightail out of PLATTE.

And never come back.

Hanbin slid his phone out of his pocket and began to fake type rapidly, as if he was responding to an urgent email. “Hey listen, Jinhwan—the name felt bitter on Hanbin's tongue—, I have something urgent I really need to get to. Sorry about the drink but I guess you can just drink it? Or maybe not since you can’t seem to handle expresso this late at night.” With that, he bolted out of the cafe, not wanting to see the expression left on the small barista’s face.

Hanbin knew he was being rude, he knew it, but he couldn’t help it. He’s never felt this before, he couldn’t even understand why he was feeling like this. Hanbin didn’t have any deep connection with the boy and it wasn’t like he was in love with him. Hell, he didn’t even know Jiwon, never had a proper conversation with him before. So why the do I feel like I’ve been shot when that midget claimed the sunshine boy as his own? God, I’m a ing idiot.

Hanbin raced through Seoul nightlife, driving recklessly—something he'd never done before— through the empty streets towards his apartment complex. His heart was racing at 100mph, trying to pace out the Lamborghini he was driving. The adrenaline pulsed heavily in his veins, and his head was throbbing. He didn't know why the  he felt the way he did, and to be honest, he didn't want to feel anything at the moment. Within minutes, Hanbin pulled into Gangnam District, where his penthouse was. But instead of heading home, the boy drove further into the district, approaching downtown Gangnam. The center of Seoul was filled with the best street food, big shopping malls, and most of all— booming night clubs.

Pulling up at Octagon, one of Seoul's biggest, most popular night clubs, Hanbin was met with a valet boy behind the red vevlet rope barriers, blocking the entrance to the club. The young valet's eyes glazed over as he looked at Hanbin, as he stepped out with his fancy clothes and expensive car. He eyed the keys to the Lamborghini thirstily and bowed to Hanbin, "Enjoy, sir."

 

Hanbin merely nodded at the boy before he made his way to the entrance, flashing his ID at the usher who was standing at the door. The heavy, thick doors of the club were pushed open and Hanbin stepped in, the smell of alcohol and sweat hit him immediately, neon lights flashing and bass music booming in the speakers.

He made his way to the bar area, loosening his tie with nimble fingers as he sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter