VI.

stay with me (please)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pride; vanity and excess belief in one’s own abilities,

the souls of the proud are bent over by carrying the weight of huge stones.

 

Envy; resentment and desire of other people’s happiness,

having derived pleasure from seeing others brought low, the eyes of the envious have been sewn shut.

 

Gluttony; selfishness and overindulgence,

the gluttonous are starved in the presence of fruitful trees that are forever out of reach.

 

Lust; tempting in arousal and seduction,

the lustful walk through flames in attempt to purge themselves of sinful thought.

 

Wrath; self destruction and rage,

the wrathful forever wander in a cloud of black smoke, a manifestation of anger that clouded their minds.

 

Greed; avarice and selfish desire for wealth and power,

the greedy lie face down on the ground, as their eyes had been fixed on only earthly things.

 

Sloth; laziness and insufficiency of love,

the slothful will forever be preoccupied with running around the terrance without rest.

 

The seven deadly sins as described in Dante’s Purgatorio hit Hanbin in the worst forms of self-realization. Hell, it freaked Hanbin out and he wasn’t even religious.

But the more Hanbin thought about it, the more he recognized himself falling into each sin. He was the epitome of all seven, the first being too prideful- the father of all sins.

And it’s not like Hanbin was conceited or cocky, he hated arrogance and fake pretentiousness. But Hanbin was built on price and growing up in a lap of luxury meant every inch of his demeanor screamed egotistic. He exuded confidence and poise and everything Hanbin did was perfect, had to be perfect- he might have OCD too but that's debatable. 

But despite being a proud , Hanbin  was envious. Envious of other people’s happiness and never being happy himself. He wondered how people could be so happy when they didn’t deserve it, covering up their ugly sins with loud laughter and sunny smiles. Maybe I don’t deserve it either.

Gluttonous, another word for extra. Hanbin had grown up wealthy and having a luxurious life handed to him as a baby meant that he was used to the brand names and the expensive cars. He drowned in his pressed Armani suits, gold watches, and authentic leather dress shoes. If I can’t be happy, at least I can buy cool stuff.

Hanbin knew he was lustful. Hell, he loved a good one-night . Didn’t need someone holding him down and pushing the responsibility of a relationship onto him. He just wanted to be free, free to whoever, whenever. Unattached is the way to go.

Being wrathful hit Hanbin hard. Years of neglect and loneliness had built Hanbin into a cold, hard shell. A ticking time bomb, ready to self destruct at any second, Hanbin was heavy with rage and uncertainty. Being a semi addicted coke-head who liked to drink didn’t really help and Hanbin thought he was on a road to suicide. I don’t really mind though.

Hanbin was greedy. Having been shoved  into a high CEO position of one of the biggest corporations in Seoul, Hanbin was forced to be greedy. He had to be the top dog, had to make the most and had to be the best, or else someone would steal the spot from right under him classifying him as incompetent. Money’s cool and all, I guess.

Slothful. Is it possible to be a workaholic but lazy at the same time? Maybe it’s because Hanbin lacked an insufficient amount of love and feeling, so he was always lazing around on his , doing nothing. He’d rather stay cooped up in his penthouse or in his office than go outside. Unless he was going to a nightclub and getting high. Life has no meaning, why should I bother? Maybe I should get a dog? I want one.

But everything changed after he met Jiwon. He found meaning in the boy that bloomed sunshine with every step. Call it cheesy but Hanbin felt he found a life worth living if it meant to be with Jiwon.

 

But everything changed after he met Jiwon. He found meaning in the boy that bloomed sunshine with every step. Call it cheesy but Hanbin felt he found a life worth living if it meant to be with Jiwon.

Being content and being happy are two separate things.

He realized the difference and throughout his whole life, Hanbin had thought he’d been content. Content with his life, not looking for anything more or less; everything was just okay. But now he realized the true difference between contentment and genuine happiness.

Genuine happiness meant crinkly eyes and sunny smiles and freckles mapped across cheekbones like constellations. Genuine happiness was cute giggles and breathy moans and hushed whispers throughout the night. Genuine happiness was found in a boy beyond Hanbin’s fingertips, so close but was he deserving?

Ever since he’d found Jiwon, Hanbin was no longer content with his old, top-bachelor lifestyle, ing around and breaking hearts on the way. No longer craving the fiery burn of alcohol in his throat, or wanting to feel like a young god after injecting magic into his veins. He just wanted Jiwon and maybe a dog or two to raise with the barista.

Hanbin found himself to be so highly infatuated with the boy. He was so infatuated in his sunny amber eyes that crinkled in the corners whenever he laughed. His eyes shone in beautiful, glossy shades of Jupiter and Saturn and Hanbin wanted to get lost in them, could stare into them for days on end.

He loved Jiwon’s high cheeks bones, slim nose, and a jawline so sharp it could cut glass. Hanbin wondered how a boy with such clean features could look so soft. But the boy was so, so pretty with his cute crooked front teeth and rosy pink lips. And Hanbin was so endeared with the barista, he wanted so badly to keep the boy and never return him, never wanted to let him go.

But Hanbin was plagued with the seven deadly sins and probably a hundred more. A boy as pure as Jiwon would never belong to someone as deadly as Hanbin. He was on a one track road to hell but Jiwon was ethereal angel sent from heaven.

Hanbin was selfish. Despite his flaws and all, he couldn’t let anyone else have Jiwon. The boy had stolen a piece of his heart and there was no way Hanbin was letting go. He knew deep in his bones that he didn’t deserve Jiwon as ed up as he was, but Hanbin thought I could try.

I could try to change. I could become a better person. Even if it’s the last thing I’ll ever ing do, I will become a person who actually deserves Jiwon. I’d give up anything for him, hell- pride, I just want him. I need him.

 

Hanbin was snapped out of his thoughts by loud, obnoxious knocking on his office door. He sighed before rubbing over his tired eyes with sore knuckles, “Come in.”

The annoying clicking sounds of cheap heels against hardwood floor was getting closer and closer and Hanbin could feel a headache coming.

“Mr. Kim, Jisoo would like you to look over these files and sign them before we send them off to Yang Co.”

“Just leave them on my desk, thank you.”

The secretary nodded before heading out, smacking her chewing gum loudly as the heavy door closed. Hanbin rolled his eyes and slouched back in his office chair, tired and already done with the day. All he wanted was to go home and to a certain barista and then enjoy a glass of red wine, continuing his obsession with Fight For My Way.

Speaking of the bunny-like barista, Hanbin was dying to see him. It’s been a couple of days since they kissed and truth behold, Hanbin missed him an unhealthy amount. He wanted to text Jiwon badly, call him, hear his voice- anything, but he didn’t have his number, regrettably never asking for it.

After that night, Hanbin had called a taxi for the boy, whispering a sweet goodnight, Jiwon. I’ll see you soon, in his ear before walking a long distance back to his car at Pierre. He wondered how the other boy felt and hoped he didn’t feel abandoned after the kiss because Hanbin hadn’t contacted him since then.

On a delirious whim to see the barista, Hanbin stood up and grabbed his car keys from the second drawer of his desk, before throwing his blazer over his shoulder and slinking towards the door. As his fingertips grazed the shiny handle, Hanbin looked at the time. It was 4:47. Guess I’m clocking out a few hours early. Again.

 

He left the building in a rush, leaving behind the gossipy mumbling of his nosy employees. Hopping into his red Lamborghini, Hanbin checked the rear-view mirror and ran his fingers through his chocolate brown hair, making sure it wasn’t too messy or tangled. He took a deep breath and began to back out of the parking lot, making his way to PLATTE.

Parking on the curb again, Hanbin stepped out of the car and opened the heavy door to the cafe. He looked towards the counter and standing there at the cash register was neither Jiwon nor Jinhwan. Instead, it was a taller male with fluffy black hair, dark eyes lined with kohl, and gauges in his ears. He looked a little bit out of place, six feet tall with a cream colored apron tied around his waist; he looked strangely intimidating.

Hanbin looked for Jiwon but the shop was a bit crowded and he couldn’t spot the bunny boy anywhere. He almost turned around to leave before hearing a familiar laugh ring through the cafe. His heart immediately started thumping hard in his chest and he shakily looked towards the direction o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter