TWO

Shameless

“It was painful to watch you on somebody else’s arms.”

 

The clock just striked ten and every passing minute was pure torture, it was a boring charity ball. The target is to help the poor but in reality it was just a little show off battle by the socialites. Rose was sitting at a round table with her father, his wife and Jeon Jungkook.

Park Chanyeol was on the table next to theirs on LaLisa Manoban’s right, his arms s around her tiny waist as he comfortablychats with the girl’s parents. Another reason why the party was unbearable for her. Her step-brother just decided to take LaLisa Manoban as his date for tonight. The nerve.

“It seems like Chanyeol is in a really good terms with Bruschweiler’s daughter.” Her father took notice as they all turn their attention to Chan who’s now laughing with Lisa.

“Yes, they’ve been seeing each other for almost three months now. Lisa’s such a sweetheart.” Mrs. Park proudly replied her eyes almost turning into dollar signs.

“We should invite them over for lunch some time.” He nonchalantly said as he stood up from his sit probably going to walk around the party to talk and greet his business partners.

“Are you okay?” Jungkook whispered to her left ear. He must have noticed the uncomfortable expression on Rose’s face.

“Of course.” She smiled at him. There wasn’t even an inch of love in between the two of them but the both agreed to try. They agreed to commit and to give this relationship their all.

But her eyes once again linger to the table next to theirs and the light kiss shared by Chanyeol and Lisa made her wish she never did.