ONE

Shameless

The dining room was extravagantly big and luxurious with gold as the dominating color. The long oak table with delicate carvings on the sides and golden utensils on top paired with expensive handmade napkins that’ll be immediately thrown after used. The Park household’s dining room was full of things to show off, full of things to be proud of yet Rose can’t help but feel empty as she eats her dinner.

The room was way too wide and the table was way too big to be shared just between her and her step-brother she rarely talks with.

It wasn’t like that once upon a time. Dinner used to be filled with laughter, smiles and family. Now they’re all just business partners forced to be together for the sake of money, for the sake of the social standings.

Dinnertime used to be an appointment her father would never miss; her mother would be in the kitchen cooking by herself as little Roseanne happily assist her. Her brother would arrive after his classes and their father will follow shortly after that. He will arrive before the clock strikes seven and plant a kiss on his wife’s cheek and another on Rose’s and a tap on his son’s back. A family used to live in that very big mansion and they were able to fill it perfectly. Now there’s nothing but longing that she feels at dinnertime. Maybe that’s the reason why Mr. Park never comes home for dinner, to not to feel the longing. So he won’t be looking at the chair his son and wife used to sit at and have his heart break all over again.

But Roseanne needed him. She needed a father and it took her long enough to realize that the hero of her childhood died together with her mother and brother.

“Thank you for the dinner. I’ll be in my room now.” Chanyeol said as he wipes his lips with the napkin and Rose only nod at him.

She used to love that guy with all the love that she can give. He was the one who pulled her back to her feet when everything fell apart five years ago. He was the only color in her black and white life. But fate worked it’s wonders and now she’s step-siblings with the guy she used to imagine her future with. Now she’s in a loveless relationship just like what her father and his new wife has.

Jeon Jungkook is a nice guy. But her heart is already owned and marked by somebody else.