(i)

He's Mine

"Jongdae hyung, I think I like this person!”

“Huh? Who do you mean?”

“Junmyeon hyung!”

That was what Sehun said to him while they had a practice for their musical play last week. It made the older startled on why on earth did Sehun told him such blatant thing. As long as he knows, Sehun is not quite of an extrovert person. He’s always be the silent one when other drama club members shared their personal stuffs.

“Since when?” asked him as casually as possible, because to be honest he didn’t have any other idea how to respond it.

“It’s been awhile.” Sehun paused a moment, “But since he played that Prince Rudolf role some months ago, I somewhat realize he’s becoming more attractive, mature, and kinda y?” he ends his opinion with an awkward chuckle.

Jongdae really understands what the younger have said. It is true that Junmyeon, his best friend looked more attractive when he chopped off his hair and dyed it black for the sake of the role. But even when it had finished, Junmyeon didn’t bother returning his typical blond back. Instead, he only picked dark brown for his locks. And like Sehun said, it does made him hotter.

“Hyung..” Sehun spoke again, “I … kinda have a favor, could.. could you arrange a situation where there only be me and Junmyeon hyung? I mean… you’re like, his best friend and all..” The sudden talk made the younger blushed a little. The looked he gave to Jongdae made him realized that he really needed his help.

Jongdae is off words once more. So he ended up agreeing to help, yet half heartily.


* * * * *


Their college hall is the place he’d chosen for them. At night he messaged Junmyeon to come earlier at rehearsal tomorrow, asking his favour to listen to his new arranged music for their musical. A fake excuse of course.


While Junmyeon replies;

Fine with me🐰 I’ll be there at 2 PM, just as you asked ♫

Of course he also sent the message to Sehun, same place, same time, different reason. He felt a pinch of guilt from lying to his best friend, yet all he can do is pray for tomorrow to be a fine day, for both of them.


* * * * *


Tomorrow comes fast enough, at least that was Jongdae thought. Soon as he arrived, he spotted Junmyeon's bag and Sehun obvious jacket at the dressing room. So they both have arrived then, Jongdae spoke to himself. He assumed that they were at the backstage, hence he hurried to go there.

He guessed it right. Both of them were sitting and playing guitars. Not much of the members were seen, the rehearsal is scheduled at 4 PM anyway. Jongdae only sighted two junior members fixing the spotlights, who quickly left after their job was done.

“Jongdae hyung!” Sehun turned out to be the one who noticed him first. Jongdae frowned a little at the fact.

Junmyeon turned his back, so he can also clearly sees him. His wide smile formed to the latter. “Jongdae, you didn’t tell me you also asked Sehunie to come earlier too?!”

Damn! He swears to the younger boy’s naivety. Couldn’t at least he pretends some reason, such bored, idle, or whatever his dumb brain suggests him? Instead he told Junmyeon the truth that ‘Jongdae also asked me to come earlier’. After all his effort to get them together, he’s more than ready to strangle Sehun any moment now.

“I.. have some business with Sehun..” Jongdae blurted out random reason. “But we can talk about it later.” He follows with a naughty grin.

“Ooh..” Junmyeon nods and smiled at him, made Jongdae felt guiltier for lying twice.

“I asked Junmyeon hyung to teach me guitar again,” said Sehun. “It's been a while since last time I play, I’m starting to forget some chords.” he chuckled a bit.

His eyes met with Jongdae. And the older one clearly understands the signal.

“Oh okay, take your time then… I'm just going to get coffee, anyone thirsty?”

“Vanilla latte for me, Jongdae~”

“Americano if you don’t mind.”

“Sure, be right back!” Jongdae hurried left off.

Junmyeon dan Sehun got back to their guitars. Occasionally Junmyeon held Sehun’s fingers to place them at the right tabs.

“That is A7. Put your middle finger to make it AM7. You forget that?” he asked.

“Ah!” Sehun slapped his forehead. “I really have forgotten a lot.”

“And this…” Junmyeon adjusted his own fingers. “F#. Just a half tab from the mayor one.”

For a while Sehun kept following Junmyeon’s guidance. Until he decided to put away his guitar and let Junmyeon playing on his own. He watched the older face became more serious everytime he strums the instrument. Not gonna lie, it does made Sehun drifted deeper in Junmyeon’s charm.

Junmyeon then realized the younger was gazing him intensely, he suddenly stops his play. Caught between rather annoyed and awkward, he’d choose to get up and placed his guitar at the nearest speaker.

“I think Jongdae is taking too long… I’ll go fetch him.”

Before he could turned back, Junmyeon felt Sehun grabbed his wrists and pulled him, strong enough to make him fell into the younger’s embrace.


“Wh-what?” Junmyeon startled. Not everyday he saw Sehun acts roughly.

“Jongdae hyung will be fine.” He replied. Before Junmyeon cuts another line, he already pressed his lips to the older man.

It seems Sehun didn’t put all of his energy to restrain Junmyeon, cause he managed to shove the tall boy and broke the kiss.

“Se-sehun... why?” Junmyeon’s voice started to tremble. Tears formed at the corner of his eyes, “What were you thinking??”

But Sehun already out of his senses. He hugged Junmyeon and kissed him hurriedly, this time involving his tongue. He pushed Junmyeon and pinned the shorter man to the wall. Both of his hands held Junmyeon’s, harder this time to keep him from struggling. Sehun kept him for a moment, until he was sure Junmyeon stopped trying to get away from his grasp.

After he felt the other one loosen a bit, his hands now trying to ed Junmyeon’s shirt. He unlatched two buttons, enough to exposed his collarbones. Sehun pulls away, just to nuzzle at Junmyeon’s neck and pecked him hungrily. His hands keeping him at his shoulders.

Junmyeon didn’t say a word even after Sehun freed his lips. Heavy sighs was the only thing left from his mouth. Till Sehun senses something wet and warm dripping at the neck, made him stop and finally sees Junmyeon in the face.

“H-hyung..?”

Junmyeon cries. The teardrops flows uncontrollably. His face red due to the heat from the make out, lips wet and swollen. He can feel Junmyeon’s whole body quivering. 


* * * * *


Jongdae sits at the sofa, messes up his slightly permed hair. His feelings jumbled out of control. He kept blaming himself for deceiving Junmyeon. Three times now, cause he didn’t go back to gave the drinks he promised, instead heading back to the dressing room. Jongdae wasn’t so sure if he still able to be called best friend now.

But wait… maybe it’s just him. Maybe Junmyeon had been longing this too. Maybe Junmyeon also held the same feelings as Sehun. They looked really close ever since the younger had joined the club when he was a first year in college one year ago.

Thanks to his AV collection, now he began to picture -clearly enough- what could happened at the vague and empty backstage. It must be Sehun who will go first. His seducing art is much better despite his look. And Junmyeon would be smiling sheepishly to the temptation. And Sehun could not hold his desire after saw the angelic smile of Junmyeon. And Sehun took his body closer to Junmyeon. Physically close, nose barely touching, so close they can hear each other breaths, and- 

BAM!! The door slams open.

“Junmyeon?!”

The said person stood at the door. His breathing uncontrolably. He held his left wrist in pain. Hair all messed up. Face red like swollen. Tears flows rushing his cheeks and neck. The upper shirt wide opened. His body quivering. Never had Jongdae saw him so awful, so vulnerable, yet so … tempting.

Jongdae gets up from his seat, “Wha-what happened?” But that’s not really a proper question, because he kinda knew what could have happened.

“Why?” Junmyeon opened his mouth. His voice shaking. And Jongdae could hear sobs between his breaths. “Why did you do this?”
Jongdae just approached him, closer. Now he stood right in front of Junmyeon. His gazed full of guilt.

“I-I’m scared..” he inhaled some air. “Sehunie.. he isn’t.. Se-Sehun made me.. sca-“

Jongdae doesn’t let him finished his lines. He instantly embraced the little man tightly, as he really thinks as the dumbest in the world for what he have done to Junmyeon, the person he really loved the most.

The hug only made him sober. Jongdae can feel Junmyeon’s warm cheek in his shoulder, tears wetting his shirt, and Junmyeon’s chest going up and down in his own. For a while he keeps him just like that, not even speaking any words, till he feels his breaths became steadier. Jongdae leads him to the couch, asked him to seat, and seat beside him after he made sure the room is closed.

“My back… and wrists… it hurts…” he said. Jongdae held his hand and gave a light pecks all over, then started to massage it tenderly.

Junmyeon eyeing him who still massaging his hand, “But my heart ache even more, Jongdae...”
Jongdae instantly stop and gazed at his best friend. “I don’t have any feelings for Sehun. He's just like a younger brother to me, no more than that..”

Now their eyes met. Jongdae can see some sparks in Junmyeon’s eyes.

“...because I only like you, Jongdae.”

Jongdae eyes widened and could only stared at Junmyeon for a couple seconds. He’s not even sure that he'd actually heard what Junmyeon have said. How come this tiny person he loved so dearly, said that thing distinctly right in front of his face.

All he can do is cupping Junmyeon's face with his hands. No words were said except, “Sorry..” followed by a soft kiss from his lips. It’s a sweet kiss, which is far different from the previous one from Sehun. It made them shut their eyes endearing the moment.

“Junmyeon,” said Jongdae getting up from his seat once more. “I forgot I still have some business with Sehun. Mind if you wait for a while?”

He nods and lets Jongdae out from the dressing room.


* * * * *


Sehun looked depressed. He sits at the corner, covering his face with his palms. After all of that, he didn’t have any clue how to react in front of Junmyeon, and Jongdae. Surely he never thought of the side effects from his own deed.

When he’s awake, a fist already landed on his cheek, made him fall off the chair. Jongdae’s body is indeed a small one, but in times like this, his real power became shockingly questionable. Sehun could feel his teeth stings. He lets a small relief after make sure the punch didn’t bleed him.

“That’s for Junmyeon!” his tone catches an octave higher. “I gave you a chance but not to hurt and made him cry, brat!”

Sehun just shut in silence, staring Jongdae from the floor.

“That chance was your first and last for you, Sehun. Don’t you ever touch him again, because from now on he's mine.”

Jongdae held out his hand to help Sehun stand up.

“One more thing”, he added. “Act as normal as possible, as if the incident earlier never happened. Don’t be suspicious especially to the other members. You don’t want to ruin our musical, do you?” Jongdae tried to smile a little. Sehun only nods and whispered slightly, “I’m sorry, hyung..”


* * * * *


When he got back to the dressing room, he found Junmyeon was crying again. But this time, he also lets a small chuckle, “Don’t know why I became so emotional today.” He said it while trying to rub off his tears. His thin smile formed a little in his blushed face, still red due to the crying earlier.

Nothing Jongdae can do to calm him, except kissing his forehead, his eyes and nose, then back to his lips. It worked, cause Junmyeon’s sob is gone now.

He then hugged him and tuck his head on his shoulder. Jongdae could feel Junmyeon’s smile now.

“You’ve done your business with Sehun?”

“Mm. Everything is fine now.” Jongdae added, “And I won’t leave you alone again. I promise.”


* * * * *