Chapter 4: | Sojung 1| : Love Letters

A Partner For My Mum

Yuju’s POV 

“Enjoy school!!” I kiss Jin’s cheek and get up. I watch him smile and skip over to his friends. I smile at him before quickly returning to my car and driving to work. 

I enter my workplace and greet everyone I see like always. Just then, I see Sojung standing at my desk.

I sneak up behind her and back hug her, “Good morninggg~” 

She shrieks but giggles as I kiss her shoulder, “You’re still beautiful, huh?” 

“I-I-..yo-you...I mean w-we...” I smirk as I watch her struggle to find the right words to say and stutter as well.

I let go, “ So what are you doing here?”

She hands me an envelope with a heart sticker sealing it. 

I tilt my head a little as I accept it. I raise an eyebrow as I realize what she handed me.

”You’re the secret admirer? You’re the one who’s been writing me all these love letters?” I watched her choke on her coffee and turn bright red. I laughed.

”N-no! I just saw it on your desk so I was checking it out...” Sojung clears and wipes with a napkin.

”Oh? Is that so...” I pretend to be disappointed, “I would’ve been really glad to know it was you this whole time...”

”Oh...” Sojung sips her coffee as if she was thinking about something, “I wonder why...”

”I was just kidding!” I hit her playfully, “Anyway, I should start my work now.”

”Alright. As always, I’m always at my desk if you need anything.” She smiles and I nod.

”Got it!” I sit down and pull out my laptop to start work right away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

”Hey~” I smile at Sojung who’s walking towards me.

She places a cup on my desk with a smile, “Take a break?”

I look at my watch, “Alright.”

I grab the envelope and open it.

”What does it say?” Sojung bends down to my level.

“My dear Yuna, I’m glad to see your smile as you read my last letter. The shy smile you had as you read my letter, would replay over and over again in my head. You’re smile is brighter than the sun. It lights my world and keeps me up at night. I can’t help but grin like an idiot when the thought of you comes to my head. You’ve done me wrong by making me fall for you and so I’ve decided to make you fall for me too. Your heart will belong to me. Good luck on finding out who I am.” I frown slightly, “Your secret admirer and future lover”

“Cute but terribly written. This was obviously rushed. They must’ve wrote this a little while before you were going to arrive to work. They crosses off a lot of people who could be the secret admirer. Not many people come earlier than you and this person has to be someone you talk to.” Sojung grabs the letter out my hand and examines it.

”Sounds like it’s by you~” I and she turns red.

”We can’t say anything.” She says with a smirk and it’s my turn to turn red.

”Anyway,” she stands up straight, her bones cracking loudly in the process, “Can I come with you today? My car broke down and I can’t be bothered getting a taxi.”

”Sure,” I tilt my head and smile at her, “A date?”

She blushes but smiles, “If that’s what you want to call it.” She cups my cheek and places a kiss on my forehead before winking at me and walking away.

I place my hand on my forehead, where she kissed, still in shock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sojung and I both enter my car. 

“I need to pick up Jin before I can drop you off. Is that alright?” I ask her as I drive out the car park.

”Of course. That’s not a problem. I’ve missed the little guy anyway” She smiles at me.

In a while, we arrive at Jin’s school. Sojung quickly gets out the car before I can even unbuckle my seatbelt. I sit there, confused what just happened and then in a matter of 5 minutes. Sojung comes running back with Jin in her arms. Both of them laughing. Sojung puts Jin in the back seat and then sits in the front seat.

”What just happened?” I asked her.

She shook her head, “Nothing. I saw him playing with his friends and I quickly picked him up and his backpack and ran off.”

Sojung and Jin start giggling again. I sigh and smile slightly. I start driving to Sojung’s house to drop her off. The drive there was very loud thanks to Jin telling Sojung everything that’s ever happened in his life.

”And thwen- and then! I looked at her and she was cwying!” Sojung gasps at Jin’s story, “So I gawe her a hug and she hugged me and cwied a little more but I didn’t stop hugging her until she stopped cwying!“

”Aww! What a good kid!” Sojung smiles at me and I smile back at her.

After a little while, we noticed that Jin fell asleep and so we talked very quietly.

”We’re here.” I parked outside Sojung’s house.

”Thank you again.” Sojung smiled at me and I nodded.

”Of course! Anything for you, unnie.” I smile. 

“Anything?” I nod.

”Come here, I want to whisper it.” I lean towards the door she was standing at.

She cups my cheeks and pulls me into a gentle kiss. My eyes widened slightly but I returned the kiss. It was a soft and delicate kiss. She kissed me like I would break if she was too rough with me. I hold her arm and try to deepen the kiss without breaking the innocence of the kiss. This was completely opposite to mine and Yerin’s kiss but I don’t mind this either. 

Sojung pulls away with a smile, “Bye.”

I lean back with a smile too, “Bye.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyyyy! I’m not dead lol. Sorry for not updating for so long. But here’s Sojung’s part. I’ll be honest. I have no clue who I want Yuju to end up with. I’ve got an ending for whoever she ends up with. Comment what you guys think and if the story is good so far. I really need motivation lol. Anyway, thanks for reading, sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes and I hope you enjoyeddd~