nasturtium

our love is yellow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

nasturtium
conquest; victory in battle

 

The sun is shining, the air is crisp, and spring is right around the corner. Unfortunately, Seulgi could not bask in the warmth. She sighed as she placed her chin on the palm of her right hand, gazing longingly out the window of the floral shop. Business was slow, so she had nothing to do but to fiddle with her thumbs.

 

And god knows how long she’s been doing that.

 

As if there was an answer to her prayers, the bell attached to the front door chimed, and Seulgi straightened up, peeling her eyes away from the window. A petite woman with long brown hair in pastel clothes approached the counter. She was most likely an university student but her round face and high cheekbones made her look younger.

 

“Hi, how can I help you?” Seulgi politely asked.

 

“I would like to request a bouquet,” the woman paused for a moment. “I’m planning on confessing to someone.”

 

“Ah, a confession bouquet,” Seulgi smiled at her and grabbed the order forms. “Is there any additional information you would like to provide before we make the bouquet?”

 

“Um, I don’t know...what would Oh Sehun like?” The woman was talking to herself in thought, but her words were not left unheard.

 

“Did you just say Oh Sehun?” Seulgi stopped writing to look at the woman.

 

The brunette nodded, “Have you heard of him, too? He’s sooo cute. People say he’s a hopeless romantic, so I’m hoping the flowers I give him would make him fall in love with me.”

 

Seulgi wanted to scoff and snort at the same time. Was this the same Oh Sehun that she knew? And how the heck was he so popular?

 

Seulgi decided she should let the woman down gently. She shouldn’t waste her time with a guy that was as shallow as a kiddie pool. “Actually, I don’t think Sehun would appreciate the gesture––”

 

“Oh shoot, I’m running late. Please put the order in for me. I will pick it up tomorrow!” The woman ran out the store before Seulgi could utter another word.

 

As she finished filling up the order form, an idea sparked into Seulgi’s head. Oh Sehun was obviously going to reject the poor girl tomorrow. She might as well have some fun screwing him over.

 

 

As Seulgi heads to class the next day, she spots a familiar figure in front of the classroom door. She immediately runs to the other side and peeks her head out from the corner, watching as the woman from yesterday offered the bouquet to Sehun. He stares at it in confusion.

 

“So would you like to go on a date with me?” The woman is beaming as Sehun takes the bouquet, observing it in detail. It looked kind of familiar. From the corner of his eye, he spotted Seulgi staring at their encounter. He faces her with a raised eyebrow, and Seulgi responds by sticking her tongue out at him before slipping into the classroom.

 

Of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter