I guess he isn't that bad

Don't let go

It was yet another boring day for Tae. Nothing has been going his way since meeting Jungkook. Sitting at a lively classroom with chattering in the background. Yet there Tae was sitting there his legs on a desk with the most miserable face. In a lively classroom, he was sitting feeling lonely. Jimin had gone with Jungkook to the cafeteria. It was noisy but so quiet. No one walked up to Tae. He had no one to talk to.

“Hey Tae, we’re back.” Jimin yelled with bags full of bread. Jungkook standing behind him.

“That took long enough.”

“Sorry there was a long line. But I got your favourite! Melon bun!” Tae snatched the bun off of Jimin’s tiny hands. He started eating the bun aggressively, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Hey, no need to be so grumpy. I’ll tell you what, let’s have a sleepover at my place on Saturday!”

“A sleepover?”

“Yeah!”

This was perfect for Tae! It was his chance to finally have some time with his best friend. He can finally have some free time with his beat friend WITHOUT JEON JUNGKOOK!!!

“Ok, what time do you want me to come over?” Tae asked with sparkles in his eyes.

“Hmmm, around 4?

” “Ok”

——————————————————————————

Saturday Tae’s POV:

It’s around 3:30, I pack all my stuff ready for the sleepover.

“Hey mum, I’m going to Jimin’s for a sleepover.”

“Shut up Tae! I’m trying to sleep.”

“Sorry.” I tiptoed down the stairs.

I knew my parents wouldn’t really care what I do. All they want from me is good grades to earn lots of money for them. Well it’s not like I could disobey them. Even though they are mean and treat me like trash, they are my parents after all. They gave me life and a place I guess people call home. I’ll surely work hard so that one day they can actually appreciate my existence!

KNOCK KNOCK!

“Coming!”

“Oh hey Tae.”

“I came a bit early. I brought a bunch of snacks.”

“Yes! Thanks Tae. You're the best!” Jimin said with a smile that could reach his eyes.

As I came in a notice a pair of unfamiliar timberlands on the shoe rack. Who’s are those? I didn’t know Jimin was into those. I walked into the living room and there I saw dark brown soft hair. No it couldn’t be…..

“Oh yeah, Jungkook is with us as well.”

My world has been turned upside down. Why is he here? Jimin didn’t mention him coming. What happened to my special time with Jimin?

“Wh-What? Why is he here?”

“Hmmm? He’s our friend if course.”

“Anyways, guys what movie do you guys want to watch?” Jimin asked handing Jungkook a remote.

“How come he gets to choose?!”

“You always choose Tae. Let Jungkook choose it this time.” Jimin yelled.

What did I do wrong? This was suppose to be my time with Jimin. Jungkook is just in the way.

“Umm, I-It’s ok. Tae can choose.” Jungkook said looking rather awkward. His big doe eyes were wandering around. He had a awkward shaky smile on his face.

“Aaah forget it. You choose.”

Stupid Jungkook. In the end we chose to watch a Studio Ghibli movie, “Howl’s moving castle”. Honestly I love anime and Studio Ghibli….BUT….because of Jimin, who keeps on spoiling the movie to Jungkook, that I didn’t get to enjoy the movie. All I could hear was Jimin’s annoying blabbering at the background. After the movie finished Jimin suggested to play games since it was only 8.

“What do you want to play Jungkook?” Again, he asks Jungkook first. Ugh Jiminie pabo.

“Ummm….” Jungkook said while staring at me. What? I don’t need his sympathy, it wasn’t like I had a game in mind.

“How about we play a game of tag, but the person that’s it has to be blindfolded.” Jimin said jumping up and down in excitement.

“Ok” Jungkook nodded in agreement.

“Sure” Jungkook was first to be it. I had a great idea to where I could hide. UNDER THE BED!!! I’m a genius. No one would find me there. I tried to tuck myself under the mattress but I could feel my toes exposed. It doesn’t matter he’s blindfolded anyways. As soon as Jungkook finished counting, I could hear was BANG, CLING and OWW. He’s such an idiot. Suddenly I could feel someone tickling my toes. I covered my mouth trying to hold in my laugh. “Tickle, tickle.” “Pfft” Oh no, I have been exposed.

“Someone’s under the mattress.” Jungkook said.

“Ahh ok you got me.”

“Tae? It was you?”

“Yeah”

“Yay! I actually got someone! I thought this game would never end because of me.” Jungkook screamed jumping up and down with his arms flailing in the air. He had his adorable toothy bunny smile. So cute…. Wait what am I thinking?!

“Ok now you’ve gotta find Jimin.”

“Ok, let’s do this!” Jungkook said with enthusiasm.

10 minutes later

“Ugh I can’t do this. He’s nowhere! Are you sure he’s in this room?”

“Of course he is.”

Jimin was hiding behind the sofa.

“It’s too hard!” Jungkook complained.

“Ok come here.”

“What?” I leaned closed to his ear so that Jimin won’t find out.

“He’s behind the sofa.”

“Oh ok got it.” Jungkook whispered back. I can’t help but secretly laugh at what was going to happen next. Jungkook laughed in response. He tiptoed towards the sofa. His hands waving in front of him, searching for the sofa’s presence. It was irritating to just watch so I led him to the sofa. Moments later and Jungkook finally managed to touch Jimin. Ruffling his hair.

“Hey! You found me. You didn’t have to mess up my hair though.” Jimin said sort of angry.

“Hahaha sorry.” Jungkook said.

Jimin looked up at his clock and it said 8 o’clock.

“OK guys I think we should get ready for bed.” Jimin said before heading to the bathroom.

Before Jungkook walked over to join him, I could hear him whisper something into my ear.

“Thanks.”

I guess Kookie isn’t as bad as I thought.