When We Met.

Enchanted

 

 

 

“Sooyeon-ah, where are you going to?”

 

Before she turned around, a boy with messy hair and tan skin put his left hand on her waist, back-hugged her. “You look so beautiful in white,” he sang while trying to move Sooyeon’s hair that covered her milky skinned neck.

 

Sooyeon giggled, “Yah— stop, you’re so weird, baby.”

 

Minho kissed her forehead and put his hands away. “Well, I rarely sing because my voice is damn bad, so be thankful, Jung Sooyeon.” both of them chuckled. “I asked you— where are you going to?”

 

“I have an appointment with Detective Cho today,” she released her apron and hangs it on the hanger. “Just for few minutes, baby— I’m going back right away.”

 

“Can I drive you?”

 

“No need to, I know you are busy, Choi Minho, my boss.”

 

Minho hugged Sooyeon again— “I’m going to miss you,”

 

Sooyeon laughed, “It’s not like I’m going somewhere far away for a long time right?” she kissed her precious and possesive boyfriend on his cheek and walked away.

 

//

 

Sooyeon opened the cafe door and saw Kyuhyun sit alone on the corner and drinking a hot coffee. She approached him and quickly take a seat in front of him.

 

“Detective Kyuhyun— got some good or bad news to me?” she giggled.

 

Kyuhyun put his files on the table and looked at Sooyeon. “Well— both, actually, Sooyeon. Which one do you want me to tell you first?”

 

“Good one—”

 

“Police finally found the fingerprint’s owner on your father’s car. They searched everywhere, tried to match it with everyone that your father may knew, and they found the person who matched with the fingerprints.”

 

Sooyeon’s face lighten up.

 

Detective Kyuhyun shook his head and drank a slurp of his hot coffee. “And the bad news is— the matched fingerprint’s owner is your father. Also, police found a scissor that your father might use to cut the cable inside the car’s machine. They assumed— this was a suicide attempt.”

 

 “Th— that’s impossible.” Sooyeon muttered, her face was covered by tears. “Daddy would never do that.”

 

“Police also found some papers about your father’s debts. It seems like he tried to kill himself as a desperation because he couldn’t pay for all his debts. I’m afraid if we can’t find evidence that your father didn’t try to kill himself, you’ll have to pay all the debts.”

 

Sooyeon cupped her face with two hands. Does the world hate her? Why do everything became more complicated?

 

“Listen to me, Jung Sooyeon-sshi. Don’t give up, I promise I will clear this case as soon as possible. Now, I got to go. Do you want me to drive you back to your workplace?”

 

Sooyeon shook her head, “I need some times to be alone, but thanks, Detective Kyu. If only I could pay you—”

 

“No, it’s okay. I understand your situation, so just chill,” Kyuhyun picked up all his files and left crying Sooyeon alone.

 

I’m tired, sick of these.

 

Everything became so complicated, I don’t know what to do anymore.

 

I just want to be happy, to be blessed, is that wrong?

 

What bad things I did in my past so my family have to be like this?

 

Maybe if I die, I don’t have to suffer from all these.

 

If I jump from somewhere, I would die.

 

It will hurt my body, but I’m sure the pain would be so much better than these kinds of pain.

 

She picked up all her things and ran outside. Sorry, Mommy, Daddy, I’m not as tough as all of you think.

 

//

 

Sooyeon told the taxi driver to stop near a closed bridge.

 

“Are you sure you want me to drop you here, miss? The bridge is closed,” the driver told her— ever since he worked as a taxi driver, none of his passenger wants to be dropped here. It’s an unknown area.

 

She nodded while opened the taxi door— she gave the driver some money, “It’s okay,” so the taxi driver nodded back and left the area.

 

Sooyeon walked to the closed bridge while humming some of her favorites songs. Tears came down from her beautiful and round eyes.

 

When she arrived on the center of the closed bridge, she quickly removed her shoes and threw her bag away. Her whole body was shivered when she tried to climb the bridge’s handles. Sooyeon closed her eyes an—

 

“Yah! You, girl with brunette hair! What the heck are you doing!?”

 

She turned away and saw a man with leather jacket on him is trying to approach her. He runs so fast, she thought.  

 

 “Are you crazy! Get down now!” he yelled.

 

“No— who are you, demanding me to get down!” Sooyeon yelled louder than him.

 

Winds that touched her hair covered her beautiful yet tired face.

 

“If you’re going to jump, take me with you!” he screamed.

 

“Yah don’—” she wasn’t able to finish her sentence— the man in leather jacket pulled her hands, making both of them fell together on the ground.

 

He stood up and cleaning his trousers. “You are crazy— suicide won’t solve your problems,” he said coldly and walked away.

 

Sooyeon thought he’s going to left her, but no. He picked up her shoes and her bag, handed it back to her. He took off his jacket and gave it to her. “The wind is pretty strong— you have to go home now.”

 

Speechless, Sooyeon took the leather jacket from his hand and wear it.

 

“T—thank you,” she muttered.

 

The man nodded. “Do you want me to send you home?”

 

Sooyeon nodded back and followed him to his car. She didn’t know what’s with herself, why did she accepted his offer.

 

Both of them finally in his car, awkward silence covered the whole car. “So— what are you doing at the closed bridge?” Sooyeon tried to break the weird atmosphere.

 

“Just recalling my past—”

 

“Ah, and you have weird accents. Are you American?” she asked again.

 

“Nope,” he shook his head, “I’m from Korea. I just live in America for some years to continue my study and work there. I’m back to meet my fiancee,”

 

Sooyeon’s eyes got bigger. “Fiancee?”

 

“Yes— the girl I suppose to marry,” he showed his finger with a ring on it— gold ring, of course. With diamonds on it.

 

“You don’t look happy,” Sooyeon looked at his face.

 

He giggled sarcatically. “Actually, I look at her as a business partner and a really good friend, not as my fiancee.”

 

“Oh th—”

“Stop asking, okay. My life is none of your business,” he said coldly while keep driving. Sooyeon sighed and looked outside the window. She opened her bag and saw her phone’s screen.

 

11 missed calls from Minho-baby

 

20 texts from Minho-baby

 

Minho-baby is calling

 

she cursed before picked up the call. Minho’s voice was full with worries, he told her he was going to call the police because he thought she was involved in some troubles.

 

“Don’t worry— yes, I’m okay. Really, really okay. See you later, I love you.”

 

“Your boyfriend?” he asked her after she ended the phone call. Sooyeon just nodded and put her phone back inside her bag. “Anyway, I don’t know your name,” he looked at her.

 

“Ah— I’m Sooyeon— Jung Sooyeon. And you?”

 

“I’m..” 

 

SORRY EVERYONE! MY INTERNET CRASHED SO I COULDN'T UPDATE D: