Haunted

Enchanted

“Mum, where’s Dad?”

 

“I don’tI don’t know. I couldn’t call him!” Mrs. Jung tried to call her husband, but no one answered the phone.

 

Sooyeon tapped her fingers on the table. She lost her patience. “But my birthday party is going to start soon!”

 

“Jung Sooyeon! Is your birthday party more important than your Dad?” Choi Hyeonsuk— Mr. and Mrs. Jung’s colleague, reprimanded her.

 

“Thanks, Hyeonsuk-sshi.” Mrs. Jung smiled weakly while holding her phone.

 

Five minutes.

 

Ten minutes.

 

Still no hopes. No one answered Mrs. Jung’s call. Sooyeon became afraid if something happened to her Dad. “Mum, Dad’s going to be okay right?” she asked in fearness.

 

Mrs. Jung almost cried. “I’ll try ag—”

 

Sooyeon’s phone rang. “Daddy is calling!” she giggled, and Mrs. Jung smiled. Sooyeon handed the phone to her Mum’s hand.

 

“How can he make a call?” she heard Mr. Choi whispered to himself.

 

“Mr. Choi, did you just say something?” Sooyeon looked at him suspiciously. Mr. Choi shook his head. “Maybe you just misheard something.” he tapped Sooyeon’s shoulder.

 

Sooyeon stared at Mr. Choi, who became nervous.

 

“It—It cannot be happened!” she heard her Mum yelling on the phone. “Is he okay right now?!” she continued to yell, but this time, tears fell down from her eyes.

 

Mrs. Jung dropped her phone. “Let’s go to hospital.” she pulled Sooyeon’s left hand.

 

“Mum! Wait— what happened to Daddy!?”

 

“Your Daddy, he’s involved in a car accident! Now— let’s go to hospital, Sooyeon! We don’t have much time!”

 

Confused Sooyeon followed her Mum to the garage. She got in the passenger seat while her Mum sat on the driver seat. “Mum! Car keys!” she told her Mum, who’s shivering madly.

 

“I’ll go drive, Mum. Just— just go to the back seat.” Mrs. Jung handed the car keys and sat on the back seat.

 

Sooyeon looked on her Mum, who’s sobbing quietly. She the engine and they went to the hospital.

 

/

 

“Are you Mr. Jung’s family?” a nurse tapped Sooyeon’s back while she was asking a staff about her father’s room.

 

Sooyeon nodded. “Yeah, I’m his daughter. Can you show me the way to his room?”

 

The nurse pointed a way. “I’ll take you there. Who is the woman that’s with you?”

 

“My Mum.”

 

“Well, she should come too. Let’s go,”

 

None of them talked during the walk. Sooyeon’s mind was full with the nurse’s words. What happened to Dad? she thought worriedly.

 

They arrived at a room, and some men were standing in front of the door. “They are Mr. Jung’s family, let them in,” the nurse demanded and Mrs. Jung came inside.

 

One of the men told Sooyeon to stay outside. They walked away from Mr. Jung’s room. “Your father was involved in a car accident. There’s a possibility that this is an attempted murder.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

He checked his files and nodded. “Do you know that your father have some rivals or people who hated him?”

 

Sooyeon shook her head. “I don’t know, Daddy is really kind to everybody, and if he had some troubles, he’ll keep it for himself.”

 

“Are you sure, Ms. Jung?” the man looked on her eyes.

 

“Give me some times to think. Who are you, anyway?”

 

“Call me Cho Kyuhyun, I’m a detective.” he smiled. “You must be— Jung Sooyeon. And, this is my name card, call my number if you know

something, Sooyeon-sshi.”  

 

They bowed to each other. “Just curious, Detective Cho, how old are you?”

 

Kyuhyun giggled. “Twenty two.”

 

“Pretty young for a detective.” Sooyeon muttered.

 

“That’s what people said. But who cares,” he shrugged and both of them walked back to Mr. Jung’s room.

 

/

 

Sooyeon saw her mother sat beside her father’s bed. “Mum, how’s Daddy?” she whispered slowly.

 

“He’s in a comma. Now how do we live without him,” Mrs. Jung cried.

 

“Anyway, I met a detective outside. His name is Cho Kyuhyun,”  Sooyeon sat beside her Mum. “He said that there’s a possibility that this is an

attempted murder. Do you know someone who hates Daddy, Mum?”

 

Mrs. Jung covered with her hand. “A—attempted m—mur—murder?” she asked shockingly.

 

“Yeah, that’s what he said.” Sooyeon looked at her sleeping Dad. She wished he can open his eyes now. She wished he would wake up and tell them

everything’s gonna be alright.

 

Both of them stayed silence. Then, a name popped on Sooyeon’s mind. “Mum— could it be Hyeonsuk ahjussi?” she asked. “I— just think that he

hates Daddy.”

 

“That’s impossible, Sooyeon. You know Hyeonsuk is Daddy’s partner since they were young.”

 

Sooyeon shrugged. “Well, who the hell knows if he hates Daddy because Daddy is more successful than him?”

 

Even Mrs. Jung couldn’t argue Sooyeon’s statement. “I’m going to tell Detective Cho about this,” Sooyeon stood up and gets out from the room.

 

“Detective Cho!” she yelled when she saw Kyuhyun walking to the cafetaria. Kyuhyun turned and saw Sooyeon. “Detective Cho, a name just popped

in my mind,” she told him.

 

“Really? Let’s talk about this at cafetaria.”

 

They sat on the chair and ordered some drinks. “So, who?”

 

“His name is Choi Hyeonsuk. He’s Daddy’s best friend. Few years ago, Daddy became a successful businessman while Hyeonsuk ahjussi is jobless. Daddy offered him to work at his company— and he agreed.”

 

“Both of them became closer than before, and Daddy chosen him as his personal assistant. Hyeonsuk ahjussi followed Daddy everywhere,” Sooyeon stopped. “Our family consider him as our relation. He started to— started to interfere with my family matters.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded his head. “So, you think this Hyeonsuk guy is trying to kill your father because?”

 

“Because he’s not as successful as Daddy. Today is going to be my birthday party, and Daddy supposed to come earlier, but he didn’t come. Mum is trying to call him, but no one answered her call. Then suddenly, someone called me and it was Daddy’s number. Hyeonsuk ahjussi whispered to himself, how can he make a call? or something like that,”

 

“I’m sure he said that, but he told us maybe I misheard something but believe me, I didn’t misheard anything.”

 

“Ah. Is the call really from your father?” Kyuhyun asked while drinking his juice.

 

“No, it was from hospital.” Sooyeon sighed.

 

 

///

 

NEW UPDATE! Thank you for subscribing and giving comments on this fanfic! n__n please show me lots of love! :D