Letter 17

To The Man I Love

To Mr Xu Minghao

It seems that you have noticed my attendance in class isn't what it used to be.

I suppose you only know this because Chan informs you and you have to relay the message to Wonwoo because despite everything, I still get notes delivered daily.

It's not from Chan though.

He hasn't been showing up as much as he used to and I've got a feeling its due to one of the seniors at our school with a badge that read S.Coups.

They've been spending a lot of time together lately and I'm happy for them.

Sometimes, Chan brings him along and I get to speak about music with him.

Seungcheol. His name is Seungcheol.

I don't know if you know him but he is a really neat person.

It felt amazing to speak so fondly and nonstop about music. I haven't done it since I stopped taking classes because we could no longer afford it.

And no, I'm not upset.

It's my own fault.

But yeah. Jeonghan hyung brings my notes now.

He's seemingly better now and it took me a while to figure out that he used to like Seungcheol.

I only found out because the two of them were awkward around each other when they accidentally ended up at my place at the same time.

Usually, they did pretty good jobs avoiding each other.

And it took me a while, but I finally grew the courage to ask them about you.

Their expressions faltered for just a moment and none of them said anything. We were in my room and I had a drip stuck in me after returning from the hospital earlier that day.

Chan was the one to speak.

"He asked that we... We shouldn't tell you anything about him if you ask."

Snap-

My world froze and my heart shattered.

I'm sorry for whatever made you say that, Xu Minghao.

But I guess you know then?

You know about my crush on you?

Well... No... I wouldn't call it a crush. Not anymore because I know that its more than some silly infatuation.

I love you...

And it seems that since day one, its always been one sided.

Written to you
With love
Lee Jihoon