gassy jjong

don't sit down 'cause i've moved your chair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sungjong steps out of the elevator and into the corridor of his floor, he can already sense the chaos without hearing or seeing it. It's like he has developed a sensibility for times like this, when it's in the middle of the month and no one is hurried to finish calculating the gains and losses from that month.

He sighs for a last time before stepping inside the adjacent offices where his workspace is. But when he finally enters, there is no chaos.

Everyone is sitting down in their own chairs, typing fast, eyes moving frantically from their numerical sheets to the computer's monitor and frowns bent as deep as an u. There is no paper throwing tournament held by Woohyun, no running around from Sungyeol and Myungsoo and no shouts from Howon. Dongwoo, instead of sleeping soundly over his desk, is standing up besides the copy machine, and he's the first one to notice him.

"Hey, Jjong" Dongwoo greets in a smile, and everyone looks up for a moment as they hear the only voice in the utter silence of keyboards being pressed.

Sungyeol simply nods his head in acknowledgement and Sungjong answers back in the same manner, actually scared that the older hasn't yet made fun of his attire. Jjong, this is an office, not a runaway-- why are you even wearing a coat? It's May, not in' January. Myungsoo raises a hand from his cubicle, waving at him without actually looking up, too immersed in his work.

Something about everything being so pacific feels... odd. Sungjong stays put on the entrance for at least a whole minute, staring down at each one of them. And even if Sungyeol doesn't look his way again nor Woohyun tries to peak from his desk, he knows something fishy is going on.

Dongwoo finishes his b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter