A double edged sword

Love is like a rose, beautiful yet painful

As Todoroki placed his clothes in the blue bag, it felt more and more real. He lied to his dad that he was staying at his friend’s place to train. It took him a while to approve though. Todoroki is shocked himself that his actually dad allowed him to stay at Midoriya’s. As he packs his stuff away, memories of his mum begin to flow back into him. Like the shirt she bought him and his All Might figurine she got him for his 4th birthday. Then he starts to wonder, ‘How’s mum going?’. ———————————————————

DING DONG Todoroki was soon standing in front of Midoriya’s door. After the door bell was rung the door was instantly swung open. A warm smile greeted him. His hair was wet and damp. Probably from the shower. His green curly hair was now in a darker shade of green, they were even more messier then normal. He was wearing a baggy, oversized shirt with some short. The sight of Midoriya made Todoroki’s heart feel warm and fuzzy inside.

“Welcome Todoroki kun!” Midoriya welcomed him with a smile.

“Thanks for having me” “Do you want some help? That looks heavy.”

“Ah Thanks”

“You’re welcome.”

As Todoroki walked into the house, he noticed how normal it was compared to his. His house was abnormally large, his dad, Endeavour wanted to show off their house to how a top rated hero’s house should look like. Compared to his, Midoriya’s house was much more plain but some what more comforting. It had wooden floors, a normal sized sofa and a medium sized TV. There wasn't some fancy chandelier or anything. Their sofa wasn’t leather, their floor wasn’t marble and shiny. But somehow Todoroki liked it here. It felt like the home he used to live in with his mum.

“Sorry, it’s quiet plain. Not really anything fancy.” Midoriya said noticing Todoroki inspecting the place with his eyes.

“No, I like it here a lot more.” 
Someone was coming down the stairs.

“Izuku, is your friend here?”

“Yeah He’s here.”

Coming down the stairs was a spitting image of Midoriya. She had long dark green hair, same round, large eyes and warm smile. “Hello there.” She said with the same sun like smile as Midoriya’s.

“Ah, Good afternoon. Thank you for letting me stay here.”

“Oh no need to be so formal. I’m Midoriya’s mother.”

“Ah Yes, My name is Todoroki Shouto.”

“Hello Todoroki kun, you can just call me Inko.”

“Ah ok, Inko san.”

“Well I’ll leave you to Izuku. If you need anything just call me. Dinner should be ready around 6:30.”

“Ah ok, Please look after me.”

“Please make yourself at home.” Midoriya then lead Todoroki to his room.

“Sorry my room is a bit small.” Midoriya’s room was filled with All Might posters. There was a row of pro hero figurines. They looked like the old fashioned dolls that were around when Todoroki was small. Unlike the new dolls they have now that has a sound coming out of it. His desk was filled with books and notes probably from studying for the up coming exams. Green curtains were floating in the air. A nice breeze filled the room.


“You’ll be sleeping in this room with me since we don’t have any other rooms for guests. It is a little bit squishy though.”

“Oh, I’ll just sleep on the floor.”

“Are you sure?” I can lay out a mattress if you want.”

“No it’s fine.”

“Ok then”

————————————

“So for this equation I need to apply this formula?”

“Yeah”

“Ok thanks”

The two boys were studying for their comping exam until a voice called them from downstairs.

“Boys! Dinner’s ready!” Inko yelled.

“Coming!” Midoriya shouted in reply.

 “Let’s go now. We’ll continue later.”

“Ok”

For dinner they had rice with miso soup, fish and tofu. It was a simple but fulling dinner. Inko kept on stuffing the two boys saying that they both need more nutrient for training.

“Ah, Dinner was good.” Midoriya sighed, rubbing circles on his tummy.

“Yeah, your mum is a good cook.”

“I know right? Sorry if she stuffed you too much. My mum is like that.”

“No it’s fine, it feels nostalgic.”

 “What is nostalgic?”

“The feeling of being in a family table again. Parents stuffing food in your mouth and happy conversations about each other’s day. I used to love those days.”

“Well you get to experience that everyday now.”

“Yeah, thank you Midoriya. I’m grateful for this.”

“You’re welcome.”

“We need to think of some ways of getting you and Yaoyorozu together!” Midoriya jumped, reminding them of Todoroki’s purpose.

“Yeah”

“Ok let’s start brainstorming.”

“Ok”

“How about start off eating lunch with her?”

“I’ll try that.”

“Yeah, we’ll see how it goes and then we’ll think of more.”

“Ok”

They both get ready to sleep.

———————————————

Midoriya suddenly woke up from a nightmare. Sweat was dripping down his face. Tears were streaming down. He was breathing heavily. It was hot. He turned to his right when he saw Todoroki sleeping soundly. He sighed in relief. It was just a bad dream. He could see Todoroki’s peaceful face. His eyelashes were long, his hair looked soft. Midoriya felt the urge to it but held himself back. Midoriya wonders, ‘How does he look so peaceful in his sleep when reality is so chaotic?”, “How am I suppose to survive everyday looking at your beautiful face?”. As thoughts run through his head, the flowers begin spiralling his throat. Midoriya immediately rushed to the bathroom, trying not to wake Todoroki up. He quickly locked the toilet door just in case Todoroki woke up.

Red and white carnations were pouring out. The once clear water was now stained red from all the blood. It was suffocating. Midoriya was tired. He felt ruined and empty. Then suddenly from behind him he could hear someone from the other side of the door.

“Midoriya? Are you ok?” Todoroki asked in a sleepy voice.

“Ah yeah, I’m fine. Just a stomach bug.” Midoriya replied.

“Ok.”

“Sorry if I woke you up.”

“No it’s ok”

“You should go back to sleep. I’ll be there soon.”

“Ok” Todoroki left.

Midoriya sighed in relief. That was close.