It's Spreading

Love is like a rose, beautiful yet painful

Midoriya’s POV:

The Hanahaki keeps getting worse and worse by day. Just the thought of Todoroki kun’s face causes a striking pain in my chest. It has been getting harder and harder for me to hide the Hanahaki from mum. I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up for. There is a burning feeling around my eyes, it’s probably swollen from last night. The pain is too hard to handle. My chest hurts so much that tears start streaming down my face without me even realising. It’s as if the sad reality has turned into a knife, stabbing my heart. It wakes me up in the middle of the night. It drives me insane. I tried using the suppression pills but they eventually stopped working. I’m finding death becoming more and more real to me.

—————

Todoroki’s POV:

During class, I noticed the pale colour on Midoriya’s face. There’s definitely something going on. Midoriya had a very painful expression. He looks underweight. He looks so so tired. Every few hours he would be excused to the bathroom. He would run out with his hand covering his mouth stopping something from spilling out. It was painful to watch. I want to go ask him what is wrong. Is he sick? I promised myself to ask him during our lunch break.

When it was lunch break, I mustered up all my courage to go up to his table.

“Can I speak to you, Midoriya?” I asked, trying not to stutter on my words. Midoriya replied with a simple”Sure”. We went down to a hallway.

Midoriya looks even worse up close. He has bags under his eyes. His eyes look really red and are half opened. His face was as white as a sheet. His hair looks messy.

“So…What did you want to talk about?” Midoriya asked.

“Umm…Midoriya are you feeling sick?” Todoroki asked.

“N-no I’m fine. Why do you think that?” Midoriya asked Todoroki trying to avoid eye contact.

“You don’t look okay, your face is so pale. You always seem to be running out if the classroom to be excused to go to the bathroom.” Todoroki said.

“Oh, that…I just have a stomach bug. But I’m sure I’m fine.” Midoriya responded.

I still feel concerned about his condition, but I should ignore it If Midoriya says he is fine, then he should be okay.

Midoriya’s POV:


When Todoroki kun called out to me, my heart couldn’t beat any faster. I could feel the petals reaching my mouth. Thankfully I was able to hold it back in. (After their conversation) Why am I so bad at this? I wish I was better at acting. Then I wouldn’t have to worry anyone. During class, Todoroki was asked to go visit Recovery girl. He walked out of the classroom with a tired look. A look that looked like he would collapse at any moment. Since he looked so sick, I asked if I could go with him. As I tried to catch up ti him, I caught Todoroki suddenly from walking to running. He was heading to the bathroom. What’s wrong all of a sudden? Could he be that sick?! I ran to the bathroom and I saw Todoroki coughing up black and green lilies.