Chapter 3

The Boy I Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3

 

 

Silence enveloped the both of us. We are just staring at each other. I don’t want to believe what he just said but he looks so serious that I am starting to believe it already. Does… does he like me? I kept on thinking on how I should react when he suddenly burst into laughter. And at that moment, I knew it. He’s joking around again! Ugh!

 

“Did you saw your face? It was so priceless!” He said as he laughed so hard that he fell of the swing. And it’s my turn to laugh now.

 

“When karma strikes.” I said as I laughed. He quickly stood up and tried to remove the dirt on his clothes. He looks so pissed with himself that it made me laugh more. He’s such a fool.

 

“This pants costs $20,000!” I just laughed. He fell at the mud so the back part of his pants is full of mud now. That’s his karma for making me nervous.

 

“Just buy a new pair of pants at Stellar. I’ll tell Addie to give you a discount.” I said teasing him.

 

“But this is limited edition!”

 

“Then just wash it!”

 

“But it’s not the same again!” I rolled my eyes heavenwards. He’s so OA.

 

“You never change, Dane.” I said as I shake my head, “I’ll go now. I have to go at my restaurant.” I stood up and started walking away.

 

“Ya! Noona! You can’t leave me here like this!” He shouted. I just stuck out my tongue at him then I entered my car and drove away.

 

Thanks to Dane, I was able to forget my problems even for a short period of time. I am really glad that he’ll finally stay here for good. Dane was sent in London by his parents because he’s such a troublemaker. The exact opposite of Darin. He lived there with his grandparents. He went there when he was 14, he came back here when he was 19. He lived here for a year, then he went back at London again. And after five years, he’s finally back again. For good.

 

~**~

 

Days passed, weeks passed and it’s finally five days before the release of Stellar’s new summer collection. And we are currently at the beach to shoot for the teaser image which means that I’ll have to see Darin again. For the past weeks, I kept myself busy with the restaurant. I tried hard to avoid Darin and anyone related to him. Even Addie. We just talked through text or call to talk about the boutique. I know that I was being unfair to her but I just needed some space. And I know that she understands me.

 

“Faye! I missed you so much!” Addie said when she entered my tent and hugged me. I hugged her back. I missed her so much too.

 

“I’m really sorry, Addie. I was just very busy with the restaurant.” I said.

 

“It’s alright, . I understand.” She said and smiled warmly. Addie and I started to catch up about the things that happened to us for the past weeks. I really missed talking to her. I missed my bestfriend.

 

“Miss Faye, it’s time for your make-up.” My make-up artist said and I quickly nodded.

 

“Let’s catch up again after the shoot okay?” I told her and hugged her tightly.

 

“Of course we will. There’s a famous bar here in this beach and we absolutely have to check it out.” I just nodded. I’m not really fond of bars but Addie loves it so I just agreed. And after all, I wanted to have some fun too, “I gotta go now, I have to check the clothes and the shooting location too. Bye, bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter