chapter one.--

when love is sweeter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Iris!” …

 “Hey Babe!” Chanyeol kept on calling his girlfriend but it seemed like she didn’t hear him. When he finally caught up on her he planted a quick kiss on her cheeks.

“Oi! Park Chanyeol, What are you doing?!” Iris unplugged her earphones while trying to rub off any traces of his lips on her cheeks.

“I’ve been calling you but you couldn't hear me..” her boyfriend said with a slight pout. Iris chuckled before answering him. “Look at you, trying to be cute.” She clucked her tongue and poked his cheeks.

“You don’t have classes anymore right? Where are you heading to?” Chanyeol nods. “Yep and I’m going to the gym. Wanna come?”

“No. Thanks. I still have classes. Special classes.” Iris sadly said.

“Oh yeah. That’s true. But you know I can always help you right?? Your Chanyeol will always be here for you.” Chanyeol hugged Iris, trying to comfort her while flashing that toothy grin which he always does. Iris immediately broke the hug. “Thanks yeol although the cringe is unnecessary. I need to go now. See you later.” She planted a chaste kiss on his lips before she ran to her next class. Chanyeol stood there for a moment, grinning to himself before he decided to head to the gym.

 

 

 

While on her way to her next class Iris felt a little weird. Chanyeol is very touchy but she usually doesn’t mind if he kisses her but earlier she felt.. odd.

Weird. Eh.

She then looked at the schedule for her extra classes. More like, a group study kind of class since it’ll be the higher years who would teach them not their professors. She tried to scan all the lessons they have to take up in preparation for their exams but she ended up drastically scratching her head in frustration.“Why can’t I seem to understand a thing?”

After her special class ended she stayed and studied a bit more. It’s been just an hour but she already wants to cry.

How can I possibly not understand a thing!

For sure, she needs to pass this certain course on her degree for last semester she failed. Growing up, always having your parents give a say on certain matters mean a lot to her which is also, worrying. Although her parents said it was okay that she failed her course, she knows that deep within, they were disappointed in her.That’s why this time she promised she will work even harder to not disappoint them.

 

 

 

“Guess who’s here?” Chanyeol barged into her room startling her.

He decided to come to her house after school because they didn’t go home together today. “God Chanyeol, in case you don’t know, there’s a word called ‘knocking’.” She rolled her eyes and decided to ignore the blonde giant in front of her.

Chanyeol ignored her remark as he sat in a vacant chair beside her. “What are you doing?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m studying.” Iris didn’t even look at Chanyeol when she said that.

Chanyeol pouted. Driven by boredom his eyes wandered around the room when he spotted Iris’ guitar. He picked it up and started playing. After a few moments Iris looked at Chanyeol. “Yeol, can you stop doing that? I’m trying to study here and you’re distracting me.” Much with annoyance Iris muttered.

“Oh sorry.” Chanyeol stopped and placed the guitar in front of him. Chanyeol kept on staring at her which earned another annoyed remark. “Park Chanyeol, stop staring.” He sighed before turning his attention to other things but since he really wants to hook her up in a conversation he started, “Hey babe, do you know that Baekhyun and Hyemi are dating now?” He laughed before continuing. “He got teased so much earlier! You should’ve seen his face! It’s like he was a living tomato! Of course we asked him about how he confessed. Kris Hyung and Tao even tried to mock him and I tell you it was s-“

“Shut up!” Iris coldly shut him up. Her voice slightly raised. “Can’t you see I’m studying here? Ugh. I swear you really need to learn how to tape your mouth sometimes. How can I understand this if you keep on blabbing about things? That are obviously irrelevant. I might add. You know what? I don’t care if they date. Actually, I don’t care about anything else right now but my studies.” She surely stressed the 'anything else’

“I’m sorry that I’m not like you, I’m dumb and as you can see I have to exert much effort not to fail these tests.” Sarcasm laced on her voice.

It took a moment for Chanyeol to reply. He stared at her in confusion and disbelief. The sudden outburst was definitely not expected. He then silently examined her face, that's when he noticed how stressed out she looked. He sure felt bad. Stupid Chanyeol.

“I’m sorry. That was not my intention, okay? How can I he--“ She then waved his hand in front of him to stop him. “Go out of this room and leave me alone.”

Lately, She’s been cranky due to the anxiety for her incoming exams. Starting from the day her professors announced the date for it she went frantic. She panics when she tries to study that’s why the other week she bought a lot of tea so she can have them when she’s at home. The thought of failing terrified her.

When Chanyeol shut the door to her room she let out a loud sigh that she was unknowingly holding.

“Hey dude, why the long face? You’re going already? Stay for dinner.” Kris saw Chanyeol going out of Iris’ room.

Chanyeol forced a smiled at the sight of the older. “She wants me to leave her alone so she can study so yeah I should just get going, thanks anyway!” Kris put a consoling hand on the younger’s back. “You sure?”

“Yeah. I’ll just go see Ayi before I head out.” He was pertaining to Iris and Kris’ Mom. Kris nodded in agreement before apologizing in Iris’ behalf. “Sorry man. She seems focused these past few days.” He heaved a sigh. “Try to understand her okay?”

Chanyeol, being the optimist that he is, smiled at Kris. “Don’t worry. I always do.”

 

 

 

He wanted to have lunch with Iris today so he looked for her. Chanyeol spotted Iris at the table in the corner of the cafeteria. “Hey!” Chanyeol sat beside her. “Hi.” As usual, Iris didn’t even look at him.

They have been like this since the other day. Iris ignoring him.. Iris getting easily annoyed over Chanyeol.. Iris declining Chanyeol’s company most of the time... “Have you eaten your lunch?”

“Nope” She still didn’t look at him. Shaking his head he said “That can’t be, come on let’s eat first.” He tried to grab the book which keeps Iris preoccupied at the moment but she slapped his hands away. “Later.” Chanyeol frowned at that. He doesn’t like one-worded answers. Chanyeol is gabby so he doesn’t really appreciate it if someone replies to him like that.

“Yo! Come here for a while.” Sehun called. He and the others are sitting three tables ahead of him and Iris. On other situations Chanyeol wouldn’t leave her girlfriend but he was annoyed so he decided to go to Sehun. “I’ll just go to them.” He monotonously let Iris know. He didn’t even wait for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter