Verse #4

The Inevitable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung's fifteenth birthday was coming in a week or so and honestly, if anyone were to ask what his birthday wish would be, they would probably be let down. For all this soon-to-be fifteen year-old could think about these few days was none other than Im Jaebum. 

 

Im Jaebum, the person who would be ever so willing to listen to Jinyoung ramble about his hatred for physics continuously for days, even though Jaebum himself enjoys the subject. Im Jaebum, the friend who always reassures Jinyoung that they are really close friends, always trying to tease and get Jinyoung's attention in the canteen. Im Jaebum, the man who would always make Jinyoung's heart flutter by sending a simple morning text and then following it up with friendly conversations intertwined with subtle flirts in between. 

 

Jinyoung had crushes before, but this crush felt different. Im Jaebum was different. 

 

However, as his birthday was drawing near, it also meant finals were drawing near too. Jaebum was evidently more stressed as days passed. Their study dates occurred less frequently as Jaebum started wanting to study at home instead, so that he could really focus and not be distracted. Additionally, even during the rare study dates, Jaebum felt distant, and seemed to be in a constant state of worry.

 

"Maybe it's just a phase and I'm just distracting him," Jinyoung thought.

 

"And at least he still puts in the effort to text

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter