GUNS AND ACQUAINTANCES

MORE THAN WHAT THE UNIVERSE CAN SEE

"Yah! You're smiling way too wide. You'll lose your mouth that state, Jeon Jungkook"

Hoseok said kiddingly. Jungkook just smacked the elders shoulder and chuckled

"You know I'm excited to see what's beneath the mountains, hyung. Don't spoil away my excitement"

Jungkook replied

"Yah! What's beneath is a cruel place Jungkook-ah. You don't have to be excited"

Hoseok said seriously

"I'm a great warrior, hyung. You know that. I won't get killed"

Jungkool confidently said, earning a chuckle from Hoseok

"Wow. You have the guts to say those words young man. Okay. Okay. You're too lucky to be here at just the age of 21"

Hoseok said earning a nod from the younger. Not just an ordinary nod, but that of someone who really has something to show off. 

It's been a year that passed. Hoseok turned 25 and Jungkook will be 22 this September. Jungkook still can't come up with his reasonable reason but the kid trained hard everyday for the past year and muscled up so much.

Jungkook knew that Hoseok won't do him the favor to ask the elders, so he bravely stood up one day at their meeting, volunteering himself. Of course, it's a chaos. It's going against the rules, that must probably be why. Hence, a duel was brought up. Jungkook must win against their leader, head of their troop, the best in the battlefield in this time being. And to the expected outcome, Jungkook won. Everyone of them already know what kinf of a kid he is. He'll probably be the strongest candidate to be leader of the troop one day soon.

"The military will surely interrupt with us. Be ready. Keep a keen eye"

Their troop leader, Gwang Taek reminded

"One will definetely come from the north and we'll expect some from the south as well. We'll be heading east but knowing that for sure, the government sent the troop by Captain Park, we can't take a detour either to the east or west. He's too good in predictions. So, what are we gonna do?"

Gwang Taek asked his men. They kept silent for a while before Jungkook raised his hand

"Fighting? We'll definetely give in to them that way. Let's walk"

Jungkook said causing confusion to all his seniors. This kid must be crazy, they said quietly on their minds.

*
*

"Yah! You're leaving again! And it's for war this time! That's why I hate Min Yoongi hyung sometimes"

Taehyung ranted. Jimin had only been home for three days after an assignment for 6 months in Gyeongsang Province as volunteer workers. It was kind of a vacation for them to say for the very least

"I don't mind, Tae. I'm even more excited now that I'll be back in the battlefield"

Jimin said while smiling. The sparks in his eyes shows that he is a guy full of excitement. Ah. Of course, the war or the battlefield shall Taehyung say is his playground

"Okay. Okay. Fine. Just don't get killed"

Taehyung said earning a hug from his bestfriend

"As expected of you. Yah! Keep on telling me that"

Jimin said and chuckled. Taehyung drove Jimin off to the headquarters to make sure that he'll see his bestfriend in gear and is smiling. Jimin strictly wants that even though Taehyung doesn't feel it's right. It's like a pre-parting action. But what can he do? Jimin's a great friend nagger and requests things more than the usual. The great Captain has a soft side too, and Taehyung obeys it or the exact words are, 'Taehyung puts up with it'

"Captain Park, they're now headed to the city. According to our look out, they'll be here in 2 hours. It's better to stop them on the way. Bring your troop into full gear. We don't want to lose position with this. I'm calling Team Beta to respond on the South. We'll corner them"

Major General Min ordered

"Yes, Major General. We'll be on our way immediately and do anything to stop them"

Captain Park responded. He offered a salute to Yoongi and walked his way to  his troop

"Attention, everyone. We'll be encountering the government's enemy sooner. I want you all to be attentive. We know how much smart they can be. Always be prepared"

Captain Park talked and reminded that to his troop while traveling their way to the route of the rebels.

For the nth time of his encounter with them, he still is in awe on how many more are they really in their group. They seem to be out-numbered sometimes. And their weapons are also catching up with them. Sometimes, their grenades can cause much more devastation. Ah! And they're way too smart to think of an escape. Just like how they managed to have an escape route before they even caused too much of a damage on them. But now will surely be different. What could they probably though of? Jimin said to his own self.

"Captain, we're thirty minutes away"

One of Captain Park's men, Koo Sungjae reported. Captain Park nodded and ordered his troop to put on all of their gears

"Any minute now, we'll enco--"

Captain Park was cut off by his own words of order. A blast came five meters away from their armored vehicle. The blast created a total blurr out of the surroundings. The smell of the grenade is too intoxicating itself that they had to cover their noses and mouths

Captain Park tapped the window to the driver's seat that is driven by one of his men. He responded and opened it

"Step on the gas, one meter away, get out of this vehicle"

Captain Park instructed

"Everyone! Jump off!"

He added. Everyone did what he said and anxiously waits for their member to get of it at exactly one meter away. They put their gears ready and stayed attentive as possible. Captain Park surveys the area even if it's still too blurry. He has to highten up his senses. The enemies are sure close to them right now, surely anticipating for their arrival

One meter away, and his man jumped out successfully. And with a louf thud of the their vehicle, it exploded. Massive fire and debris flying in every direction. They took cover and all

"Captain Park, do you copy? Stay put in your positions! Be attentive! They're surrounding your troop"

The pager on Captain Park's belt spoke. His men's eyes widened at what they heard that came from the Team Beta at the South

"Yes, Captain Kim. We're currently on standby"

Captain Park responded calmly

"They might shoot any second, Captain! Take cover. We're still almost 2 kilometers away. Hang on"

Captain Kim Namjoon said but only heard a chuckle from the younger. Ah! He's being crazy again, Captain Kim said to himself. And then he heard gunshots

"Go faster!"

Captain Kim ordered his man. He is anxious right now. They can't bear to lose Team Centauri. It'll be a big loss for them

Meanwhile, Captain Park and his men stood still from all of the gunshots that surrounded them. Because of the blurry sight, they can't seem to know where are their targets but one thing is for sure. They are still making fun of them, shooting guns around their small area so far

"Captain, what shall we do? Shall we fire back?"

One of his men asked. Captain Park signaled no. He knows that if they fire back, they'll die. Their enemies have a better line of sight, a grest advantage at the moment. He won't risk his men for being impatient

"Let's wait until this blurry area partially disappears. Sang Hyun, Ki Bum you two will take the south. Ji Hwan, Changsoo,  take the east and Yong Geok you take the west. I'll take north"

Captain Park ordered. He wasn't sure himself what will happen but he's not nervous at all. If it'll take him, then fine. As long as they fought until they established their own graves with integrity and respects earned.

Not long enough, they heard laughs all over the place. Captain Park himself laughed as well. Slowly, thr blurry sight started to fade and revealed the faces of their enemies. Captain Park felt disgusted.

"It's been a long time since I last saw you, Captain Park"

Gwang Taek provoked earning a small smirk from the Captain

"Hmm. It's really been a long time, Gwang Taek hyung-nim?"

Captain Park responded. Gwang Taek chuckled but was pissed off. His short temper lead him to aim his M16A4 on Captain Park's direction. Jimin smirked on the other hand and took his Glock 19 Gen 4 pistol and aimed as well on Gwang Taek's line of sight

"Are you belittling me, Captain Park?"

Gwang Taek asked. Captain Park shook his head no and put his gun down again, causing the older to laugh loudly

"Let us pass"

Gwang Taek said

"Why should I let you?"

Captain Park asked

"We'll send our message to the government"

Gwang Taek said

"Do it here. I'll relay to them"

Captain Park said. Gwang Taek laughed and signaled his men to aim their already loaded guns to Captain Park's men who also did the same out of instinct

"You can't fool me and you know that"

Gwang Taek said

"I know very well"

Captain Park sarcastically replied

"Hey Captain. Do you want to know somehow who killed your father?"

Gwang Taek said and by the look of it he smirked. He knew that Captain Park flinched at what he said

"Go back to where you were or we'll be forced to shoot and kill"

Captain Park said. He knows that his words are not even worth it. It's way too lame for him to say and even try to scare away the tails of the men in front of him - in front of his troop

"Well, if you're interested enough, I'll leave his son to you and you might as well, let us pass. Isn't that great of a deal?"

Gwang Taek negotiated

"Huh. I don't care if you leave him here. We'll shoot anyway. Don't you have the responsibility of him? You're his leader anyway"

Captain Park counter-attacked. Gwang Taek laughed

"So, we're forced to shoot as well"

He said after the resounding laugh. And in on cue, as soon as the Team Beta arrived, the exchange happened. Captain Park's troop happened to move fast and take their own covers, same goes as well to Gwang Taek's men

Hoseok and Jungkook went together hiding on the same tree and took chances on shooting

"Hyung"

Jungkook called out

"What is it?"

Hoseok responded and shot a bullet straight to one of Captain Park's men, though not close to fatality

"I want to do something"

Jungkook said

"Yah. If it's too dangerous, don't do it"

Hoseok ordered

"Hyung, this alone is dangerous. What more can be? Yah. Cover me when you have to"

Jungkook said and tapped the elder's shoulder. He took his timing, ran and climbed up to one of the trees and aimed his rifle to one of Captain Park's men, taking the west direction of the battle

"Yah Jeon Jungkook!"

Hoseok called out. Jungkook pulled the trigger but he failed the target. Instead, before the bullet even arrived at the man's chest, Captain Park came and dragged fast his man to a safe direction. In too much awe, Jungkook didn't notice that the Captain aimed his gun at him and shot him, causing him to fall off the tree

"JEON JUNGKOOK!"

Hoseok shouted. He covered his own self with gun shots aiming back at the enemies as he went to the younger

"Hyung"

Jungkook said, smiling

"Yah! You said you won't get killed!"

Hoseok said

"No, I am not dying. I was just shot on my side. A little sting. Come on. The fight's not yet over"

Jungkook said but eventually passed out the moment he tried to stand up. He can hear Hoseok calling his name and gunshots everywhere. But what he hears the most is his own fast paced breathing, trying to catch up with the surrounding air

"Yah. Hyung"

Jungkook barely managed to speak

"I'll wake up with you treating my wound, okay?"

Jungkook chuckled and before he finally closed his eyes, he saw and understood how this place isn't as beautiful as he used to think it would be. It was dark - despite everything that surrounds them is green and light rays peeking in.

*

"Gwang Taek hyungnim! Too many got hurt already. Let's retreat!"

Yoong Jae warned his leader. Gwang Taek looked so pissed off but a second later, yelled out to his men for retreat. Five more minutes and the firing finally ceased. Gwang Taek and his men finally left the battlefield and slowly drifted away back to their village

"Yah! Has anyone seen Jungkook?"

Gwang Taek asked his men. But there were no answers. Just murmurs and thoughts that they saw the younger

"Jung Hoseok. Have you seen him?"

Gwang Taek asked. Hoseok's eyes were filled with guilt and hatred. Receiving no answer from the younger, Gwang Taek grabbed Hosoeok close to him

"Answer me, young man. WHERE THE HELL IS JUNGKOOK?!"

Gwang Taek screamed. Jungkook is his brother's son, how could he not worry? His brother entrusted Jungkook to him. But the answer can't be spoken. Hoseok's eyes slowly shed tears and from there, everyone knew

"Are you kidding me?"

Gwang Taek asked, his eyes still in disbelief. Hoseok sobbed louder and kept saying the words sorry. He remembered how much excited Jungkook was

"What happened? Huh? AT LEAST TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!"

Gwang Taek released his anger. Hoseok fell on his knees and cried harder, blaming himself somehow

"He...on the tree...shot...and fell"

Hoseok doesn't know what exactly to say. Jungkook was shot on his side but he fell off a high tree. Nothing was certain for him. Jungkook would fight but it's been too long. He must have bled too much by now

The village was silent. Gwang Taek blamed himself too much during the night. He should have let Jungkook stayand not fight. He went against the rules and lost his nephew in a very unexpected manner

Hoseok cried himself out and went back to the area of the battlefield secretly. He saw their other members, lying on cold groud, not breathing and are helpless. He walked slowly to where Jungkook was but saw no one. Jungkook was not there.