TRAGEDIES

MORE THAN WHAT THE UNIVERSE CAN SEE

Jungkook's shoulder was sullen. The sudden excitement of knowing that Hoseok was there looking out for him overjoyed him, but no one was there. It's a false hope.

"Hyung, so where is Jungkook's brother?"

Jimin asked as he can finally breathe. Yoongi scratched his head in confusion.

"He was just right here. Maybe he went into the bathroom. Let me check"

Yoongi suggested.

"Let me come with you, hyung"

Jungkook said. And so they did. Jimin was secretly anxious the whole search. Luckily, Hoseok was not there anymore. Jungkook's expression turned grim. He thought that maybe it was indeed a false report Yoongi gave. That was not his Hoseok hyung, he continuously told himself until they reach their apartment.

"Have some sleep, Kook. Taehyung will be home any minute. I'll just have to report to headquarters. I'll be home immediately"

Jimin said

"Sure, hyung. Take care"

Jungkook said and waved towards Jimin who waved back at him as well. The headquarters was actually not the real headquarters. It was just an excuse for Jimin to went to Namjoon's place. He is uneasy while driving his way there. He wants to end all his suspicions but in a very little amount of time, Jungkook became someone important to him as well. What if the truth he will find will not coincide with the truth he wants to know and believe in?

The road suddenly went slippery as rain started to fall. Not a torrential one but just a downpour of excess water on the clouds. It was not long either. Just passing by. Jimin started to cuss because of the slippery road and his car's wiper started to work to wipe the rain kissing the car's front window.

'Sure, hyung. Take care', these words replayed on his mind. And he smiled from remembering it. So he started slowing down. Trying to be careful even if he's a kind of driver who still drives fast on a rainy day.

Jimin safely arrived at Namjoon's place and without even pushing the press button of the doorbell, Namjoon already opened it up for him, as if expecting him for months or years.

*

Jungkook didn't sleep immediately. He played Overwatch and decided to continue to play it until his Jimin hyung will be back home. But it was already 7 in the evening, Jimin is still not home. So, Jungkook just decided to buy himself his own dinner, thinking that his hyung might have some with his troop already.

"One yukgaejang, please"

Jungkook said his order to the waiter. With the tiny money he has coming from the allowance Jimin gave him before leaving the house earlier, one serving of yukgaejang is already more than enough for dinner.

It happened then that Hoseok was sitting in the corner of the same restaurant where Jungkook is. His eyes are excited and his feet are telling him how much he wanted to go and greet Jungkook. However, he wonders if Jungkook forgot about him or at least remembered just his name.

So he just stayed there and silently watched Jungkook who eats cheerfully. 'He looks fine', Hoseok mumbled to himself. And in no time, he didn't even notice that he is smiling just seeing Jungkook from afar. Then the younger got a phonecall whom he happily answered.

"I'm in a yukgaejang place near our place, hyung. I was too hungry to wait for you, sorry"

Jungkook said and laughed silently as his voice was a bit childish to appeal to his hyung. And it worked as Jimin is guilty for making the younger wait just because he said he'll be back soon.

"I'll go straight ahead there, Kook. Order me one yukgaejang"

Jimin said over the phone and Jungkook smiled happily as he succeeded.

"I guess you'll have to make me eat more, hyung"

Jungkook said and Jimin hissed and agreed with no more pleading done. Hoseok was confused on whom Jungkook had a phone call with that the kid has to be that happy and giggly.

Soon, someone arrived and Hoseok's eyes widened in surprise. Of all people, it's him again. What does this guy want from Jungkook? What if he regains his memories? Will he beat him up to death just to make Jungkook reveal every secret they had at the village? Is that what he wants? Is that his plan? Hoseok thought.

"Hey, kid"

Jimin greeted and Jungkook stood up to greet him. Jimin ruffled his hair and they both sat down and Jungkook continued eating.

"My order is not here yet and you're eating in front of me? That's torture"

Jimin kiddingly ranted

"Hyung, I just can't resist eating this. It'll be a waste of appetite if I wait for your order"

Jungkook replied which made Jimin scoffed in disbelief

"You're becoming more and more casual, Kook. I'm two years older than you"

Jimin said and Jungkook just chuckled. Jimin stared towards Jungkook who eats deliciously. His eyes were blank. He just watches the kid without even a single signal of his pupils reacting with joy. But how can the truth be so cruel? And how can he summon Jungkook to the authorities? It will just give this kid a hard time.

*Flashback - Namjoon's place

"The bullet...came from...me?"

Jimin said, his brain is in a stupor. He can't decipher the facts neither differentiate if what's he's seeing is right or not.

"I did further investigations with this, Jimin-ah. Base from the clothes we gathered from Jungkook, I found one mark on its hemm. A tiny mark that if you aren't observant enough, you won't notice it"

Namjoon said and handed over Jungkook's clothes to Jimin. His hands were trembling and his lips are parted. Then he saw the sign. Jungkook -


- is a rebel.

"Huh"

That's the only thing Jimin can say. Slowly, memories of the past fight flashed in his mind. Just like how Jungkook had his dream, it was really him that shot Jungkook.

"Let's turn him over Jimin-ah. This will be our chance to know the opponents' stra--"

Namjoon couldn't finish his words

"No, hyung. We're not turning in Jungkook anywhere"

Jimin stood up and grabbed his coat and car keys.

"Why, Jimin? You know very well that he might be just a spy. He might not have amnesia. He might be deceiving you"

Namjoon said

"Then, did doctors gave a false diagnosis? I don't think so, hyung"

Jimin replied

"Then, what if he hurts you all of a sudden? What if Taehyung will be hurt too? What will you do, 'Captain Park?'"

Namjoon stressed the words to Jimin to give him time to think as a soldier and not just as a man who took Jungkook out of pity and curiosity. Jimin was left agape. But his mind is fixed. Jungkook can change. The younger said he wants to be a soldier too. Anything can be possible, so he took his steps on the way out.

"Let's admit it. He has amnesia. Will he really stay even if his memories came back?"

Namjoon started which made Jimin halt

"Will he choose you over his lifetime principle and his family back there?"

Namjoon continued

"You know for a fact that he remembered that Jung Hoseok. You know for a fact how much excited he is to remember his so-called brother"

Namjoon still continued even if Jimin took another step

"Think about it, Jimin-ah. I am always open to report him"

Namjoon said

*

"Don't stare at me like that, hyung"

Jungkook said to Jimin. That was the only time thw older got back to his senses.

"Is there something wrong, hyung?"

Jungkook asked

"Nothing"

Jimin replied immediately

"Let's hurry up. Taehyung told me he'll be home tonight"

Jimin said and Jungkook happily nodded. And dinner time was over with Jimin fighting over his thoughts and trying to smile and laugh in front of Jungkook.

"Jimin!!!"

Taehyung greeted his bestfriend cheerfully, almost jumping over and throwing his whole body to the Captain.

"Get off me, Tae"

Jimin sarcastically said and chuckled

"Where's my 'gifts'?"

Taehyung showed his two wide palms like a child wanting to claim all the candies during the trick or treat.

"They're inside one suitcase, hyung"

Jungkook happily said, wanting to make his presence be felt by the older. Taehyung spared him a glance and did not even said a hi or a smile, or even just a nod. Jungkook felt weird and Jimin as well.

"Let's eat! I bought some pizza for you, Jiminnie"

Taehyung brought back his cheery self as soon as he faced Jimin and dragged him all the way to the kitchen.

"Come get some, Kook”

Jimin said to Jungkook.

But the younger only partially smiled and scratched his nape. Then he hesitated to get his feet move even just a little. 'That glance was cold', Jungkook thought. And shivers came all over him. 'Aish. Maybe he was just jealous because I was the one with Jimin hyung in Japan', Jungkook rebutted his own thought.

"Jungkook! Get your pizza here!"

Taehyung said but the tone of it wasn't pleasing as he overheard Jimin slap Taehyung's arms. Jungkook slowly walked to the kitchen and slowly seated.

"Get some, Kook"

Jimin said and Taehyung hissed and mumbled to himself that is audible for both Jimin and Jungkook

"I only bought that for Jimin"

Jimin chuckled as soon as he heard it

"Yah. What's the matter, Tae? You look like you're jealous over something"

Jimin said

"I'm not jealous, Jimin-ah"

Taehyung started and gave a glare towards Jungkook

"I want you to get away from danger"

Taehyung continued. His glares are now more intimidating that Jungkook's eyes shook. Jimin gulped and grabbed Taehyung's arms.

"Jungkook-ah, go ahead and sleep"

Jimin said without even sparing him a glance. The two walked out and moved to Jimin's car for a talk.

"What did Namjoon hyung told you?"

Jimin asked immediately

"Everything"

Taehyung shortly replied

"Damn it"

Jimin cussed

"Listen, Tae. Jungkook is not the guy you all are expecting him to be. He is a goo--"

Taehyung cut him off

"He's a good person because he lost his memories. What do you think will happen if he suddenly regains it?"

Taehyung said

"He will not do it, Tae"

Jimin said

"For now! How sure are you about that, huh? He was aiming a gun towards your men during that battle! Don't you think he is capable to aim one towards you?!"

Taehyung raised his voice this time due of frustration

"Tae, he wi--"

Jimin was cut off again

"What about me?"

Taehyung started

"What if he'll shoot me instead of you? Will that be fine?"

Taehyung asked, his eyes almost teary. Jimin pulled his hair in frustration.

"Did Namjoon hyung told you to persuade me to turn Jungkook in?"

Jimin asked

"So it is indeed fine if he'll shoot me"

Taehyung concluded

"No, Tae. That's not it"

Jimin defended

"I'm not gonna blame you if something happens to me because of Jungkook. I just want you to know that I'm more than hurt now"

Taehyung said

"Huh. I didn't know I was replaced so easily"

Taehyung stated and a tear fell down from his eyes. He was about to get off the car but Jimin stopped him.

"Then what shall I do, Tae?"

Jimin asked

"Turn him in, is it that hard to do? You used to hate them to death. Your father told you to never give in to them too"

Taehyung said

"Why are you on the verge of giving in, Jimin-ah?"

Taehyung asked and made his way out of Jimin's grip and went out the car. Jimin punched the steering wheel and gritted his teeth out of anger. He dialed Namjoon's number and shouted at him.

"Why the hell did you tell Taehyung?! WHY?!"

Jimin said

"I have to"

Namjoon said over the phone

"Why did you get him involved in this ty situation?! He can't even protect himself if something happens! it, hyung! He shouldn't be involved in this!!! What will I do now?!"

Jimin ranted and tears that welled up and were stopped from the confrontation he had with Taehyung has now fallen.

"Turn him in, Jimin"

Namjoon said and turned off the call. Jimin threw his phone away and started the engine, driving the fastest he could go, not minding the cars he overtakes with. 

He drove as well, not minding the traffic signs and traffic rules. He was kind of out of his mind.


And in one more step on gas,


the Captain got himself into danger.