Obstacles

TRUST

Juhyun woke up feeling excited for another day to spend with Seulgi. Their days had been great since they started the relationship. Their little dates in their little secret agit or just a walk to the company from the dorm, and a meal date after practice is enough to make the two feel contented.

However, today was a little different. Juhyun walked out of her room, and simultenously so does Wendy, Sooyoung and Yerim.

"Is Seulgi still asleep?" Wendy asked to Juhyun in which the latter gave her a confused look in return with rounded eyes.

"Seulgi?? Isn't she in your room?" Juhyun questioned back,Wendy shook her head. Juhyun started to get worried but she remind herself to stay calm. Seulgi probably went to the company first since they've received their debut news.

"Before we all freak out or something, let's grab some breakfast and then we'll see if Seulgi-unnie is in the company." -Sooyoung suggested.

----------------------------

At the company

As the group walked to approach the dance practice room, Juhyun had her eyes staring at the door as she walks with heavy steps. In her mind, she chanted "Please be there. Please be there." while Wendy is walking ahead of her opened the door and looked around the practice room then she looks back at her friends.

"Seulgi is not here either."

Wendy's voice rang through Juhyun's ears, making her freeze on her spot.

"That's strange. She's usually here." Sooyoung said and went to look into the room herself. It's true. There are no sign of Seulgi's presence. Not even the sling bag she usually takes along.

"Ah.. There you are. The dance teacher is coming in later, so let's play a game." The vocal traineer said while setting up his keyboard.

All the members gotta do is when the teacher pressed the key on the keyboard, they'll need to sing the chord.

"Wait.. Someone is missing.. " the vocal teacher looks at them. "Where's Seulgi?"

"We-- ." Sooyoung looks at her friends before continuing. If anything, the teachers are there to help. Every teachers in the company has been with them since the beginning. Especially their vocal techer who used to be an idol.

"We can't find her either."

"Oh? She probably felt pressured by the debut news. I totally understand that feeling. Especially after a long period of training. Then, let her wind it up a bit, let's play."

Wendy was the last to go. But there is something wrong. Usually Wendy get pass the 6th pitch  easily but this tie, she alreay struggled at fourth.

"When you wake up in the morning, do you feel anything wrong with your throat?"

"My voice was more hoarse than it usually is this morning, and it aches a little when I talk."

The vocal teacher sighed. "Pack up. We'll go to the panel hospital."

----------------------------

"Now what are we going to do? Wendy-unnie went to the hospital, and Seulgi-unnie is no where to be found."

The three remaining friends sits in the middle of the practice room.

Juhyun suddeny stands up making the two maknaes looks at her. "This can't do. I'll go look for Seulgi. You two stay here incase she comes back by herself."

Juhyun ran up to the roof from their 2nd floor practice room, then went down to where the executive offices are at- the 5th floor, then to the 4th floor where the boygroup sunbae's practice rooms are located, then to 3rd floor where their female girl group sunbae's practice room is located, Juhyun checked every corner of it including the restroom. Luckily no one was using at the boygroup sunbae's floor. But still, no trace of Seulgi. Then she ran back to the 2nd floor where their practice room is located and ran to the bathroom at the far end that she remembered she haven't checked. The moment when she pushed the door opened she heard sobs and there are only one cubical that has it's door closed.

Huffing and puffing as Juhyun catches her breath, she went into the cubical that are not occupied, stepped onto the toilet seat to peep onto the occuped on. There, she sees Seulgi hiding her face in her knees, sobbing hard. Juhyun comes down and knocks on the door that Seulgi is in.

"Seulgi-yah.... What's wrong? Open the door for me. You know I'm afraid of heights, don't make me climb over this thing."

Seulgi comes out, she tries to stop herself from crying while Juhyun washes her face for her. She didn't speak a word.
"Un--" the words came out incomplete as if something stucked at .

"What's wrong?"

"My voice.... is gone..." Seulgi mouthed.

"Your voice is gone?" Juhyun asked repeaing the words correctly although Seulgi didn't speak clearly, all she did was outhing the message.

Seulgi nodded.

"Is that why you hide in here, crying all by yourself?"

Seulgi nodded again.

"Come on, Wendy is in the hospital now. Let's get your for a check-up as well."

-----------------------

Juhyun and Seulgi arrived at the panel hospital by a taxi. While Seulgi went in for a check-up of , Juhyun went to greet their vocal teacher who brought Wendy here earlier.

"Juhyun-sshi. .."

"I bring Seulgi here for a check-up of . "

"Oh, you found her? What happened to her?"

"She lost her voice. hurts badly this morning and she couldn't speak. She was scared. I found her at the restroom. How's Wendy?"

'Wendy was diagnosed with vocal chord nodules. She'll need some time for recovery but surgery is not needed."

"Our debut will be alright, right?"

"Don't worry. There's plenty of time left before the actual debut. We'll let Seulgi and Wendy focus on recovery first. That's more important. "

----------------

[RED VELVET <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ]

Joy: Juhyun-unnie, have you found Seulgi-unnie?

Baechu: Yeap. We're coming back from the hospital with Wendy and Kangta-sonsaengnim.

Yeri: What happened?

Baechu: Wendy diagnosed with vocal chord nodules and Seulgi over-strained muscle. Other than those, they're fine. Just that for the time being, Seulgi must not talk.

Yeri: Oh my gosh. Is surgery needed?

Baechu: They'll observe her condition during her medication. If it goes well, surgery is not needed.

Yeri: I'll ask my parents to pray for Wendy unnie when they go to the church tomorrow.

Joy: Seulgi unnie, Wendy unnie... Hwaiting!!! We all have your back!! Don't wory about it. Just rest and take your meds on time and more rest. ^^

------------------------------

It's night and Wendy and Seulgi slipped up their pillows high, thinking about their throat condition.

FLASHBACK to when Seulgi woke up in the morning

Seulgi has a routine every morning is that when she wakes up, she'll look into the mirror and chant "Today will be a great day, Seulgi! Hwaiting!"

But for some reason her voice just doesnt come out and hurts whenever she tries to talk.

It scares her. She tries to drink some lukewarm water, and wamrs-up before saying the chant but still nothing works. She then went to the company alone and in the vocal room, she pressed a key on the keyboard and tried to hit the notes, no voice came out as well. Scared, alone she ran to hide in the toilet. "What if I really lost my voice? What if I can never sing again?"

That was when her girlfriend appeared, telling her not to scare herself with assumptions and took her to specialist.

 

Wendy was deep in thoughts when her phone beeped indicating a message came in.

[Seulgi > Wendy] Seungwan-ah, are you okay?

"I'm fine. It just.. I'm worried that I may not hit the notes again like I used to..." -Wendy

[Seulgi > Wendy] I understand. Since I heard surgery was not needed, after medication and tons of rest, you should be fine. The doctor promised.

                           This morning was scary for me when I suddenly can't speak. I was so scared that I can't sing and join you guys on debut stage like we promised.

"Don't worry. You just strained your muscles. You'll be fine after rest and the relaxation medicine the doctor prescribed. " -Wendy

[Seulgi > Wendy] WE should be fine. It's a test from God. We'll pass this test with flying colours and hit the stage with Yerim, Sooyoung and Juhyun! The five of us!!

Wendy smiled reading that text from Seulgi. Seulgi is right. All they need now is take their meds and let their throat rest and trust their doctor. Seulgi would be able to sing and record their debut song and she'll get to hit the notes like she used to. It's just a matter of time.

"That really made me feel better. Go to sleep, Seulgi. We can't sing for now but dance practice is still a must!" -Wendy

[Seulgi > Wendy] You're right. Goodnight, Wan-ah.

"Goodnight, Seulgi~" -Wendy