Part 3

And Then One Day

Jinwoo was in Berlin this time. This is was she told Seungyoon as she cuddled into his shoulder. “Some business,” she muttered, tracing lines on the sleeve of his suit. The favor she had spoken of, turned out to be an invitation. For an official party, a plus one was expected and with Jinwoo out of the book, she turned to Seungyoon to be his replacement.

 

After getting one of her parents' staff to pick out a fitting, dark suit for him, she had also taken him to a high-end hairdresser. After they were done, he almost couldn't recognize himself. The dry, stringy hair now seemed healthy and sleek. He sported a modern cut with a fringe.

 

Despite finding himself shivering due to her close proximity, he leaned back into the cushioned seat of the limousine. “Are you ok with it?”

 

She stopped drawing invisible patterns with her fingers and tilted her head. “I guess.” She inhaled slightly. “You smell good,” she mentioned distractedly and then went on after a short pause. “I don't really mind. His dad expects it.”

 

She leaned her forehead against his shoulder. “The good thing about this is...,” she said, her lips curling up into a serene smile. “I also get to spend more time with you.”